Early bird gets the worm challenge [tbd]

The best time for me to workout, given my schedule and my gym's traffic volume, is early in the morning, like 5 am, right when my gym opens.

The problem is, I like sleep. This makes getting up before, say noon, difficult sometimes.

So here's an idea to pull people together for morning workout accountability.

Each person in the challenge picks a goal time to get to the gym, or wherever you workout, and do your first set, or stretch or whatever... Something that defines the threshold between "I didn't workout today" and "I did something."

When you complete said set or exercise, post to the thread.

Anyone who posts late on that day has to do some extra exercise during their next workout, or incur some type of penalty point.

Those who meet or beat their time, don't have to do the extra exercise if they don't want toand don't get penalties.

Whoever gets their thing done earliest, relative to their goal time, gets to pick the penalty exercise.

The penalty exercise can be anything: cardio, lifting, a stretch. Something that should take around 5 min. If equipment is needed, suggest bodyweight alternatives.

If you're interested let's get a discussion going. I think this could be a fun way to help us get out of bed and get to work. And we can share and experience each others favorite or least favorite exercises via the penalties.

• Like 2

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

I am interested and it could be really funny. The only 'problem' i see is that not everybody are from the same place, so the post could be a party of schedules. I usually go to the gym before 7 am (between 6:30 and 6:45 am, actually). 7 am here means 1 am in edt, 10 pm in pdt, so I don't know. Is it a problem?

• Like 1

Level 4

10 WIS | 2 STR | 2 STA | 2 CON | 5 CHA | 1 DEX

battle logepic quest

The Stoic Path of Virtue: #1 | #2 | #3

Current challenge: Don't break the challenge

I am in...normally up at 4:30 a.m. EDT to hit the gym by the time the doors open around 4:50 a.m. EDT or so...Squatting by 5:05 at the latest! Bouldersnap and I are accountabilibuddies about a.m. work-outs already, so this works for me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal Stats: (
About Me)
Start Weight: 279.6    Current Weight: 270.1    Goal Weight: 220.0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge History: Lvl 1 Rebel, PvP, Lvl 2 Warrior, Lvl 3 Warrior

I do...I am doing Intermittent Fasting, and don't eat until 11 a.m. every weekday.  Done putting stuff in my face by 7-8 p.m. (depending on the kids' schedules).

About Me)

I do...I am doing Intermittent Fasting, and don't eat until 11 a.m. every weekday.  Done putting stuff in my face by 7-8 p.m. (depending on the kids' schedules).

It's good to hear that it's not necessary to fuel yourself immediately after the workout. I'm not doing IF, but when I wake up early I use to breakfast after the workouts, too.

Level 4

10 WIS | 2 STR | 2 STA | 2 CON | 5 CHA | 1 DEX

battle logepic quest

The Stoic Path of Virtue: #1 | #2 | #3

Current challenge: Don't break the challenge

It's good to hear that it's not necessary to fuel yourself immediately after the workout. I'm not doing IF, but when I wake up early I use to breakfast after the workouts, too.

Drink lots of water though. Or I do any way. For me, usually 32 oz. before I leave.

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

I changed to a T/Th/Sat. schedule recently and getting up at 6 am on T/Th to get to the gym so that my husband has enough time to get ready for work. I'm not a morning person but it's nice to get the workout done first thing and have someone to go with and be accountable.

I do fasted workouts in the morning too (except sometimes on Sat.) but I always eat after. I don't know about you guys, but oh man am I ravenous on gym days.

I'll actually look at the time on Tues. and see what a good goal time would be.

• Like 1

Daily Battle Log
Challenge 1 | 2 |
3 (unfinished) | 4

Follow me on fitocracy!

PRs: 205 lb (deadlifts) | others to follow

Proof that I was here.

9e3y7upe.jpg

• Like 1

About Me)

Forgot to post this a.m., but I was there at 5 a.m., I promise!  I would never miss Deadlift Day!  Note:  Been just above Body-weight on DL for a few weeks now, but pushed about 20 lbs over today, and crushed it!  Next goal, 1.5 * BW!!!

• Like 2

About Me)

Good morning from the squat rack!

• Like 2

About Me)

Deadlifts are done!

About Me)

Just go flex those Bro-tastic arms at that poser, Bro! 

• Like 2

About Me)

I am here, barely.

• Like 1

About Me)