Hello! 

I've been lurking here for a while now and finally got up the courage to join in!

A little bit about me, I'm female, living in Hertfordshire in jolly old England and I'm a big Doctor Who nut (3 weeks to go!).

I'm not new to fitness, I've been dipping in and out for quite a few years now. I went to the gym and ran a bit but I never really put a lot of effort into it, just sort of coasting along. Of course, because of this, I didn't see the gains and improvements I wanted and would always give up. 

My main reason for joining the rebellion now is that I intend to do Tough Mudder next year and I want to be strong. I've actually done TM before, 2 years ago, but I was really disappointed with my performance. I wasn't seriously unfit but I didn't train as hard as I could have. I'm determined that this time will be different. 

I've been going to the gym 3-4 times a week now for about a month and have been lifting heavy weights (well, heavy for me!). I'm actually seeing some great results (I'm getting biceps :nevreness: ) and I'm loving every minute of my workouts! I'm going to start running again next week as well.

Hopefully this is the start of the new me. Goodbye lazy, weak Charlie, hello superhero....

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Welcome, Charlie!!!

Have you found the Level 1 Rebels thread for the new challenge??  Setting public goals sometimes help being achieve more than they can alone!!

3 weeks to the new Doctor Who??  Where did the summer go? 

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Thanks Chris! I've had a look at the Level 1 Rebels thread. I'll put my first challenge up when I've had a think about what I want my goals to be. I definitely want to be able to do 1 chin up by the end of August. At the moment I can lift myself half way up the bar so I think it's a realistic goal. 

It's been over 7 months without a new episode, that's way too long! I'm excited to see what Capaldi will bring to The Doctor.

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Hi Charlie! 

Long time lurker here too, but only made an account yesterday =)

Getting strong is something I'd love to do too. Kind of tired of not being able to do a single unmodified pushup or a single dip >_>

Tough Mudder is something I've never done (and would definitely not attempt with my current fitness level) but its something I'd love to have a go at if I was able for it. 

Aspiring Dwarf Assassin - Level 0

Previous Challenges: #1*

* failed