NerdFitness Fantasy Football League - 2016 - Updated!

The time zones have me all kinds of confused now.  However, no matter the time I will still kill it in this draft...WHILST in traffic!

Geno Smith #1 pick...trust me!

J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS! (everyone is happy and hopeful before the season starts...)

Just don't go getting caught. Where I am (new york) using your phone while driving is like a serious offense.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Yea...shitty part about Chicago traffic, is that while I will be in the car, I likely won't be doing much driving.

Ah well that's that then.

I feel like making a really nerdy joke about it being "fantasy football" and where are all the fantasy characters. But I feel that's a bit too far...

I'm excited to start learning more about the game though. I've always wanted to learn more (than just the basic positions etc) and I think this could be a good step in the right direction. My dad is also super excited that I am doing it. We played alot of the last Madden together. It's kind of a father son bonding thing. He absolutely sucks at video games, and I knew nothing about football. So he could sort of make good plays that I could never stop. And I could run like a wildman.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Also, FYI to all. It will say "Your league is drafting now" DON'T PANIC! That just means the draft board is setup, and you can jump in. It will start at 4pm MST though, so make it in time if you can.

I'm picking 5th!

I will be jumping in at the 15 minute mark. Sure hope there is a chat room in the drafting room.

I feel like making a really nerdy joke about it being "fantasy football" and where are all the fantasy characters. But I feel that's a bit too far...

I'm excited to start learning more about the game though. I've always wanted to learn more (than just the basic positions etc) and I think this could be a good step in the right direction. My dad is also super excited that I am doing it. We played alot of the last Madden together. It's kind of a father son bonding thing. He absolutely sucks at video games, and I knew nothing about football. So he could sort of make good plays that I could never stop. And I could run like a wildman.

I know how that is.. im good at video games, but since i really dont know shit about football i loved sucking at madden (i like the game, but hate playing against friends because they wipe the floor with me)

Im interested to see how this whole thing goes!

• Like 1

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

I know how that is.. im good at video games, but since i really dont know shit about football i loved sucking at madden (i like the game, but hate playing against friends because they wipe the floor with me)

Im interested to see how this whole thing goes!

Every now and again I would make a great running play against my friends in college. "Gotta wiggle the stick" was my go to phrase when that happened. 

Now NHL I was much better at. But still don't know enough about plays and stuff to be amazing at that.

we used to do fantasy character drafts in high school at lunch,

they were completely arbitrary but so fun

other fun drafts we did at lunch, presidential fight club, movies, famous left handed people( this list got burned, but it was a 10 round draft)

looking back on this, it's hard to see how i ended up on nerdfitness, that's what the cool kids did

23 || 6'2 || 303 lbs || Level 2

STR 3.28  || DEX 1.64  || STA  2  || CON  3.32  || WIS  5.46  || CHA  2.64

Coffee's Six Week Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/53823-coffee-under-the-black-flag/

Past Challenges: {1}

Coffee's Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51877-coffee/

Progress:

Weight: Starting: 303 lbs  ||  Current: 303 lbs  || Total Lost: 4 lbs   ||  Goal: 220

0%
0%

Currently Reading: Under the Black Sail ||  Last Read:  Surely You're Joking Mr. Feynman

Books: 18/52

35%
35%

That was alot of fun guys. Can't wait to get the party started.

I moved every Eagle up like 10 spots. How did I only get Ertz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I moved every Eagle up like 10 spots. How did I only get Ertz?

a fellow eagles fan i see. cody parkey is available for trade ;)

Coffee's Six Week Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/53823-coffee-under-the-black-flag/

Coffee's Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51877-coffee/

Progress:

Weight: Starting: 303 lbs  ||  Current: 303 lbs  || Total Lost: 4 lbs   ||  Goal: 220

0%
0%

Currently Reading: Under the Black Sail ||  Last Read:  Surely You're Joking Mr. Feynman

35%
35%

I was planning on picking him up on the waiver wire... Damn auto draft!

Forte for Parkey? ;)

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I was planning on picking him up on the waiver wire... Damn auto draft!

Forte for Parkey? ;)

you're going to have to sweeten the pot a little bit for that one to work

Progress:

0%
0%

35%
35%

Yahoo is making fun of my team lmao, which after my few attempts at playing FF I'll take as a good sign

There was an opening video to the draft. Mine was like 20 seconds long. It was basically like... "Oh... you have last pick... this years gonna be rough. But don't worry it's still everybodys ball game."

Pretty sure everybody elses videos had something along the lines of "Cheer up at least you aren't picking last!"

Wow Yahoo FF, thanks for sticking in the knife and twisting...

Draft Summary
Putting together a decent team, Dunedain didn't want to show up the NerdFitness FF League and build some unbeatable juggernaut. They instead focused on building a team with a good chance to make the playoffs. Humbly, they are expected to finish in fourth-place in NerdFitness FF League at 9-4-0 (1,208 points). They didn't target any one position early, selecting QB Colin Kaepernick (42nd overall), RB Marshawn Lynch (14th), WR Emmanuel Sanders (43rd), and TE Greg Olsen (70th) within the first five rounds. They built the highest-scoring RB pair in the league, as they added DeMarco Murray and Lynch.

Schedule
Dunedain should drop off the grid during Week 4. They have five players and the most projected fantasy points on bye that week. Taking a look at the entire season from start to finish, they have one of the weakest slates. Along with having the fourth-easiest overall schedule, Dunedain has the second-most difficult last four games of the season.

Actually after reading all of your grades I don't feel quite as bad. Not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing though...

How did you get the Draft result/report? Can't find it in the app

It's not accessible in the app. It's on your team page in the full website.

500 / 330 / 625