ChairmanDavey used run - it was super-effective! New 5k PB [Parkrun]

I'm celebrating the fact I beat my 5k PB at the weekend, by about 33 seconds, coming in at 19:30.

I felt amazing during and afterwards, I just felt like I was in the zone. For those who remember Tombi/Tomba, it was a bit like when Tombi wears those running pants. 

I guess the next target is a sub-19 minute PB, but for now I'm hoping to just maintain that time and hopefully it won't just be a fluke.

|| Trying to become a hybrid athlete ||

Instagram: DavidsFitnessAdventure

YAY!!!!!  You are ridiculously fast!  Plus, wow 33 seconds off your pb is a ridiculous proportion of your run time gone.  BRILLIANT!!!!

Plus, YAY for parkrun!  I love them, just started going along to my local, and it has blown me away - incredibly how many people turn up each week and run or volunteer.  Brilliant atmosphere. 

NF challenges: March 2018 , 12 , 11 , 10, 9876, 54321

YAY!!!!!  You are ridiculously fast!  Plus, wow 33 seconds off your pb is a ridiculous proportion of your run time gone.  BRILLIANT!!!!

Plus, YAY for parkrun!  I love them, just started going along to my local, and it has blown me away - incredibly how many people turn up each week and run or volunteer.  Brilliant atmosphere. 

Thanks :) Parkruns are amazing, there's nowhere else you'd see 70 year old women holding their own against 30-something men, the atmosphere is great too. If you don't mind my asking, where abouts do you run? I'm heading to Edinburgh this weekend and looking forward to trying out the run there - 600 people there last week, compared to the 200 in Liverpool where I normally run!

• Like 1

Thanks :) Parkruns are amazing, there's nowhere else you'd see 70 year old women holding their own against 30-something men, the atmosphere is great too. If you don't mind my asking, where abouts do you run? I'm heading to Edinburgh this weekend and looking forward to trying out the run there - 600 people there last week, compared to the 200 in Liverpool where I normally run!

I've just started at the St Andrews Park Run - we seem to be about 120 folk each week.  The edinburgh one should be awesome!  Wow, 600........

Plus - YAY for another PB - two in one week is brilliant!  Looking promising for October.

How do you find the St Andrews group? Everyone I've met there has been really friendly, it seems to draw such nice people in. The Edinburgh one was mad, 526 people! Apparently last week's 600+ was a course record. The run was lovely and flat, and I MANAGED ANOTHER PB!!!!!1!!! 18m38 according to my Nike+ app. I was buzzing on the run back... and celebrated by having so much food and drink. Sorry MyFitnessPal!!

I'm celebrating the fact I beat my 5k PB at the weekend, by about 33 seconds, coming in at 19:30.

I felt amazing during and afterwards, I just felt like I was in the zone. For those who remember Tombi/Tomba, it was a bit like when Tombi wears those running pants. 

I guess the next target is a sub-19 minute PB, but for now I'm hoping to just maintain that time and hopefully it won't just be a fluke.

*reads sig*

Wimbledon? Hey, that's just down the road from me! I was just going to ask if you were running in Richmond Park but I've just read the rest of the thread and see you're not from round these parts.  Anyway, good work on the blisteringly fast 5k. that's excellent work. I'm totally going to hypnostise you and make you swear allegiance to the scouts.

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

*reads sig*

Wimbledon? Hey, that's just down the road from me! I was just going to ask if you were running in Richmond Park but I've just read the rest of the thread and see you're not from round these parts.  Anyway, good work on the blisteringly fast 5k. that's excellent work. I'm totally going to hypnostise you and make you swear allegiance to the scouts.

Aha thanks :) Richmond Park will be a bit of a trek for me, but I have noticed there are a fair few races around those parts, so I probably won't be a total stranger to the area.

Aha thanks :) Richmond Park will be a bit of a trek for me, but I have noticed there are a fair few races around those parts, so I probably won't be a total stranger to the area.

It's a great place for training - and as you say, there are a lot of races, You should definitely give it a go if you're in the area sometime.

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

How do you find the St Andrews group? Everyone I've met there has been really friendly, it seems to draw such nice people in. The Edinburgh one was mad, 526 people! Apparently last week's 600+ was a course record. The run was lovely and flat, and I MANAGED ANOTHER PB!!!!!1!!! 18m38 according to my Nike+ app. I was buzzing on the run back... and celebrated by having so much food and drink. Sorry MyFitnessPal!!

The St Andrews folk are great - well, turns out I already know a whole bunch of them from different contexts.....  Friendly and welcoming and great, not too much banter just yet, but all we need are a couple more glaswegians to get that going.  Meantime there is a posse that is  possibly little too fond of running in fancy dress.

YAY for getting faster and faster! 

I thought I'd restart this thread instead of making a whole new one... but I just got back from the Wimbledon Common Half Marathon. At first I wasn't expecting much in terms of time, because it was a trail run which wasn't closed to the public, so we were sometimes weaving around cyclists, walkers, and dogs. Sometimes the dogs ran beside us, but the fact they went faster and looked happier began to grate somewhat... Either way, it was a pain to get to but I'm so glad I did, I felt amazing, and smashed my PB!

Old HM PB: 1:31:38 (19th Aug 2014)

New PB: 1:27:47 (Course result, 13.33miles according to my app), and 1:25:48 according to Nike+ - either way, I'M BUZZING! To knock so much time off my PB is unexpected, and things are looking good for a sub-3:10 marathon... maybe with a bit of training a sub-3:05, which means I would qualify for the London Marathon based on ability. 

Now: PIZZA! Tomorrow is the (re)start of being healthier.