20 by Fenway (august 19-november 15, 2014)

Who: Two people that want to encourage each other - and hold each other accountable.

What: Lose 20 pounds between today, August 19th and November 15th, when we meet up at the Fenway Park Spartan.

Where: at our homes, in our cities, in our churches, at camp(for CA) - everywhere, ending in Boston

Why: to gain back our health, to prove it can be done.

HOW?

Rules:

Daily log every morsel that went into your mouth(calorie, carb/protein/fat counts) in mfp

post daily(unless there is some internet problem)

Recipes are encouraged.

Photos of food is encouraged.

Screenshots of MFP is encouraged.

stripper songs are discouraged! :-P

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

Okay no power this morning so I am limited. Will come back and fix this post later.

Current weight 198 this morning.

Yesterday 1661 total calories

103 Carbs

78 Fat

67 protein

Had my Paleo breakfast egg junk. Recipe and pictures in the Red Pill thread. Will post here later.

Lunch was out with a friend. Walking taco no,cheese or salsa just ground beef and extra lettuce. Did eat a few of the Doritos but not all.

Dinner. Smoked pork chop ( yes ate the whole thing. Should have only eaten half). Made a rice with shredded zuchini, roasted red peppers, great onions. If you cook it like a risotto, slow and add chicken broth slowly, it gets creamy and rich. This way you are satisfied with just 1/4 to 1/2 a cup. Took 2 teaspoons of bacon grease and sautéed a big handful of kale to round out dinner.

It was date night so I logged 2 glasses of petite Syrah. Which gave me 250 calories. I actually on had 1 glass but I am sure my pour is worth 2 of MFP.

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Preface... today, several things happened that tilted the mental health eating thing. ... least of which was having to meet a new psychologist...and starting the story all over.

That said. .. pictures:

ypepysy3.jpg

epy7eby4.jpg

5emybahe.jpg

And i can't go swimming to burn it off. ..I'll try something, but not 1000cal!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Adventurer by choice

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51278-level-1s-storm-the-castle-with-christartist/?p=1178102

Lost a whole year of memories - which my mental illness has serious amnesia attached - and the year of photos was my timeline - and I can't recall it - so, mental crash.

Then, meeting a new psychologist - had to start at the beginning - can't sum up - because he wants to know everything - and this is the first time I've had a man for a therapist...

It went well - but the memories cause crap to happen - ICE CREAM!  then burrito for needed protein(20g) - but an empanada - for comfort.

I didn't eat anything the rest of the night - and went to bed early - and I had sucky dreams all night.

So - that is what happened...acceptable coping skills are eating(not any longer, but when I first started dealing with this crap) - others use alcohol and drugs - I've tried cutting and suicide, those are not well received.  So - I need to learn new ones...hence the STOP plan...I just have to be coherent enough to do so.

I told you all - I'm f@$*ed up!  but, this doesn't usually happen - because i wasn't talking to anyone about my past to help heal me so that I have a better future.

have a great day...and I want that hamburger cup recipe!

Sorry my pics are so large!

Adventurer by choice

Recipe.

Brown 1lb of hamburger. Drain fat and I even rinse off to get rid of more fat. Add 1 med onion to skillet with hamburger, 1 T Worcestershire and salt and pepper to taste. Mix 1/2 C heart healthy Bisquick mix with 1/2 C skim milk separately. Sprayed large size muffin tin and put 1 T of Bisquick mix in bottom of tin. Added a little (1T?) of shredded zuchini then hamburger mixture. Top off with rest of Bisquick mixture ( scant 1 T) then I topped with cheese. I put the cheese on top so it looked like there was a lot of cheese when really there was not. ( I used 1/2 C)

Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes, maybe a tad longer.

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Buggers..i should have looked at the pic... grains make me sleepy. But I could make mini meatloaf cups...oatmeal doesn't cause me problems. .. and i haven't figured or how to use quinoa in meatloaf! My daughter uses rice. .. minute rice! Yuck!

Yep... meatloaves. .. even with a bit of cheese! Once a week or so and i can handle some dairy

Adventurer by choice

So far today:

va6y4a5y.jpg

vevazu4e.jpg

I may try a bike ride if we go to the gym.

I feel good about yesterday. . It wasn't a pint, or half gallon of ice cream. The burrito was a "healthy" option to get protein to balance the sugar. No excuse for the empanada!

But, it was ago much better than last year, last month. .. and I'm using the STOP procedure to make it better.

I don't want to eat my emotions at all. I should pray, taking my cares to the Lord. . Like others meditate. I have a living Lord that wants to help me, and I have turned to food instead. It's a spiritual battle for me.

But, the neat thing is, he will help me turn to him! I just need to practice asking for his help. .. as well as the lovely folks he has brought along side me! Like you!

I'll post mfp later.

• Like 1

Adventurer by choice

Yesterday

Calories 1068

Carbs 49

Fat 66

Protein 62

I need to play around and see if I can't take a screen shot on my IPad and post here. I guess I could set it up on my phone and do it.

It was HOT and HUMID her yesterday so wasn't real hungry. That total does include my ONE Hershey's miniture that I mindlessly put in my mouth at a business I was at yesterday. Oops! Not a bad cheat. I do think that my breakfast casserole receipt that I plugged into MFP is showing to high of fat grams. I know there is a lot of fat in sausage but I get from local butcher and when I cook in skillet hardly any grease. Then I put it in a colander and rinse to get more grease off. Oh well. I would rather estimate high than low.

Got the food scale back out. Realizing this week that portions are an issue. I have a pretty good handle on my carb portion for dinner. I don't allow more than 1/4 C or 1/2 C if it has veggies in it already. Meat on the other hand.....4oz ? Really? Does MFP really think people eat that?

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

I am just eating for now to see what I do. .. and i don't think mfp is perfect. . Like I think my fitbit is wonky... but as long as their wonkiness is consistent. ..i can deal. I've been ocd for so long and it has frozen me with these "assets"!

Alien jenn taught me how to do a screen shot on my Samsung. If i have to transpose it. ..i won't! Then, no accountability!

Have a great day!

• Like 1

Adventurer by choice

One requirement. .. you must be serious. ..enough to yell at us and be yelled at as we tackle food issues!

T2sarahconnor asked me to do this to help me with emotional eating. I could get ugly. I might cry. But i told her that you would help me be good after camp!

• Like 1

Adventurer by choice

Nice job yesterday! Food looks great. Swimming was OUTSTANDING! I would have went home and napped.

Yesterday for me went really well until...........hubby was late coming home,from work so I was starving. Then he texts me on his way and says that old friends of ours are in town and want to go out to eat and have a few beers at Old Chicago. He is picking me up in 10 minutes. Great. Do I put on make up and comb my hair or do I eat something quick so I am not temped at dinner? I compromise and adjust my ponytail, put on some eyeliner and mascara ( I don't wear a ton of make up), change my shirt, squirt some perfume and then eat about 2oz of the baked chicken breast left over in the frig.

So I had just eaten breakfast of my egg junk, a banana and a handful of nuts for lunch, then this little piece of chicken ( 2oz maybe?). I did okay. I could have done better. Had a plain on the rocks margarita with no straw so I wouldn't drink to fast and also had water. They ordered appetizers and I just kept conversing and didn't eat any ( well a few celery from hubby's plate). So I think great. That little bit of chicken worked to squash hunger and I can do this. Then the next table had a pizza brought to the table and it was all over. We ordered a 14" thin crust chicago seven. I ate half. Yes I ate half of a 14" pizza! At least the crust is thin. It had sausage, pepperoni, onion, green peppers, green olives and mushrooms. It was delicious. Then of course I felt so bad I had to have another margarita! I don't feel too bad today tummy wise. The thin crust wasn't bad.

Totals for the day ended up at

Total calories 2180

Carbs 204

Fat 108

Protein 109

Now if I would have swam to China and back like someone else it wouldn't be so bad. All I did was 2 circuits of BBWW.

Past is past. Shit happens. Get over it and get back to it today.

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

I only eat half when is ONLY the two of us. .. did you fight off everyone else? That might count as cardio!

I need to figure out how to modify the bbww for me.

Went to bob evans for breakfast. .. and because of your peer presure, I ate great. .. and refused jims really yummy looking apple cinnamon icing covered 4 stacks of pancakes. I had my two Itty bitty mutigrain hotcakes...little larger than silver dollar size, .eggs and fruit! And three glasses of iced coffee...black. I accidently took two melatonin before bed. .. and woohee, I was wired!

Bit I forgot to photograph it. .. or my chicken. ..rotisserie leg and thigh, and a bowl full of cherries.

Last night, I woke up in the middle of the night to put the cat to bed, And used that time to stretch my hips and low back. ..i fell asleep on the floor while stretching. Yes, I did.

Now. ..margaritas do not tempt me. ..i don't like tequila. But i like the idea of no straw so you drink slower, . But i always feel like an expensive date when I get a drink. 34 years. .. and I'm still worried! Lol!

We joined a gym today. .. I'll post the thread later. .. and another thread/ YouTube about mobility... and another about metabolism.

If no one else joins is in the suite, I think we three will have a blast!

• Like 1

Adventurer by choice

Hubby and I shared the pizza, other couple had different pizza. No cardio points.

Just realized I haven't eaten anything today. Probably still full from last night. I should eat something. Working in home office today so trying to do squats and lunges too. Fighting the good fight! Here is too a non eventful, no temptations rest of the weekend!

• Like 1

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge