at the beginning of this year, 2014, i was an ordinary human with an ordinary human body living an ordinary life and at some point i decided to change that and become a superhuman. an extraordinary person who lives his dreams and imaginations because it is worth it for me to live them. one thing that i have always wanted for myself is a great body.. you know, lean muscle, split chest, glaring abs... and the first thing i did was change my diet. i stopped snacking on junk food and fast food and started a full time job of cooking everything i eat. for physical fitness started off with the nerdfitness body weight workout and so far so good. starting monday last week i added to my work out, running laps around the university track before i going home. so the routine now is

• run 1 lap
  • 30 squats
  • 15 pushups
  • 15 crunches
  • 20 lunges
  • 10 dumbell rows(i carry a 10kg dumbell with me)
  • 1 minute plank
  • 30 jumping jacks

after jumping jacks i repeat the procedure three times. its really hard to do all reps at once but i try and make sure i finish the reps even if i have to stop and rest in between reps. i don't do this everyday. i skip a day to allow my body to rest.

i am most proud of myself because i showed up everyday despite the negative thoughts that remind me how hard it is and tell me to just quit.

i will end this with a quote from my first fitness role model...

A wound that'd make an ordinary man unconscious... I won't lose to it. A wound that would kill an ordinary person... I won't lose to it! To face one who is extraordinary, Hawk Eyes... I can't allow myself to be ordinary!

-- Roronoa Zoro(ONEPIECE)

• Like 8

“Then stand up right away! And don’t act like you’re about to die! It’s not like you! Even if there are billows of smoke, we can still see the sky. We can still see the ocean! It ain’t like it’s hell here! Don’t act like you’re about to die!†- Usopp to Luffy at Enie's Lobby

While, obviously no where close to 'death' from workouts; that scene tends to pop into my head when I think, "Eh. This is too tiresome." :)

One Piece. Glad to see another OP follower; and awesome success! I'd be lying if Roronoa Zoro isn't a fitness role model. :)

-Purple_Panda