Alicata, Introduction

In a remote village slowly claimed by ruin, within a nondescript small cottage, silently sat a Changeling who forgot their real self.

The road had been far for them.
It tasted the days, sometimes years, wearing the lives of a portly butcher, a slaver, an aide to a later-fallen minor king, a war beggar, a battered wife, a sage-oracle, a hardworking husband; so many faces-- partly true (they always were, to a point), mostly false.
Its original form was female, that much it remembered.
It didn't make it feel any more genuine.

The heavy, unnatural mist descended like a shroud outside. Like myriads of miniscule white insects, coming to feast. It was impossible to deny any longer that the village was succumbing to decay. Like many places in the diseased realm, the land was dying. Losing to rot. The Changeling could've stayed, but its fate would've been sealed. Leaving would not be easy, there'd be many dangers, it would need to get stronger, far more resourceful than it'd ever been. It would have to remember who it really was.

A howl screamed, only few streets away.

It decided to survive.

•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•

Out of Character
Hi! I'm Alicata. Just found the place and it looks awesome. (dragging two of my friends here too, let's see if they show up..)

I roleplay, and have read d&d books but never played a campaign consistently (the group tend to break up first). My specialty is roleplaying tank-type males. Escapism against how IRL I'm a pathetically tiny-boned female, maybe. It's been awhile since I 'played' a female, but yeah, it'd probably be weird (not to mention counter-productive) if I joined the Rebellion as my usual dashing, robust hulk of a male. :'D

I'm somewhat familiar with diets and nutrition (having been both heavier and thinner), and would like to think I eat pretty decently lately, but I still avoid exercise like a Warp-born plague. Which must change. Used to dance up to about 15, Ballet then Jazz, then after getting into highschool they just fell into the wayside. I'd like to dance again.

Fandom wise my favorites are Warhammer 40k and Berserk. I read SF/Fantasy novels and watch documentaries when remember to. What else.. into makeup as well. I draw. Kinda prefer TV series than movies, just gotten into very-ew-but-awesome-so-far The Strain (watched while repeatedly grumbling 'why do I do this to myself').

So yeah. Nice to meet you guys! So excited.

alicata ♦ changeling
intro | prologue | chapter I