Hey all, I figure I'll work on being social and actually introduce myself. 

I'm 31 and currently living in Madison, WI. I'm originally from Hershey, PA and yeah my dad worked as an R&D scientist there. I also spent about five years living in Portland, OR which I loved but could not appreciate at the time. Things got bad on a multitude of levels crazy amounts of stress, non-existent self-esteem and confidence and of course major depression and anxiety. Last May, I found the courage to quit the job before I did something stupid. I got rid of most of my stuff and moved to Madison so I could take steps to start fixing myself.

I managed to land a job with an 18 month contract and the manager who was really supportive. I also hooked up with good doctors so I've been able to kick the depression, make improvements on the anxiety and start rebuilding my self-esteem and confidence. I can honestly say I've never felt this good in my life and that I’m ready to start tackling my next challenge, building my support network and improving my strength and fitness. So here I am!

My goals are to get fit and strong. I currently weight 187 and am 5’ 6 or so. I want to get my weight down to 155ish and get my body fat down in the 20 - 24% range. I also want to be strong but haven’t figured out the particulars. 

I walk regularly typically aiming for 10k steps or 4-5 miles. I recently started working on the BBWW and have started cleaning up my diet and tracking my food with myfitnesspal. 

On more fun topics, I like to read sci-fi and fantasy when I have the time. I also enjoy playing MMO’s and used to run raids in LotRO before play-to-win took over. Now I occasionally goof off in GW2 when I’m in the mood. I also played the flute from 4th grade until I graduate high school but put it down to repetitive stress injuries. My music preferences are varied but swing towards rock and such, just went to see Halestorm and Chevelle play at the IA State Fair. Other interests include geeking out over marvel movies and I’ve started dabbling in actually reading comics.

Cheers!

• Like 3

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Hiya and welcome! Sounds like you are making some amazing changes to improve your life - and I think participating here at the Rebellion can only help you on your journey.

btw I'm a fan of Chevelle too - but haven't seen them live (yet). You should join in on the next 6 week challenge - it starts on the 15th of September :)

Level 1 :: Lycan (STR-2 :: DEX-2 :: STA-2 :: CON-2 :: WIS-1 :: CHA-1)

Challenges:  One

Daily logs: Battle log / MFP

Heya Lishvicious! Chevelle is pretty awesome  :joyous:. Going to concerts has been one of my challenges to myself since they can trigger my anxiety but the reward is well worth it.

The next challenge is defiantly in my future, and I can't wait.

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Hey!  How are you tracking your steps? I use a fitbit, but may jump ship at some point to a UP24, just wondering if you use either or if you use something else?

My life quest will again be getting out once a week and doing something I would normally make excuses to avoid, now that we know we probably only live a couple miles apart we can drag each other out!

Human Adventurer: Level 2

|| STR 4 || DEX 1 || STA 3 || CON 1 || WIS 3 || CHA 2 ||

Current Challenge:  #2 ||  Battle Log || Past Challenges: #1

Hey!  How are you tracking your steps? I use a fitbit, but may jump ship at some point to a UP24, just wondering if you use either or if you use something else?

My life quest will again be getting out once a week and doing something I would normally make excuses to avoid, now that we know we probably only live a couple miles apart we can drag each other out!

I am using the BASIS watch. It tracks steps, running, biking, and sleep. It also estimates calorie burn and periodically tracks heart rate, skin temp and sweat. It works pretty well but they haven't released an API so you can't sync it with anything else >.<. I may switch to something else if I can find one that does more consistent heart rate and still does the motion and sleep tracking.

Your life quest meshes well with mine to have positive social interactions!! Woohoo!! Yay for RL accountibilibuddies!!

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

Oh cool, I had seen the Basis when I was shopping around but decided on the fitbit, I like the idea of the HR monitor being part of it.  I am probably gonna wait until the holiday season to see if there are any new launches.  I really like getting all the information from it, it helps me figure out if I can "earn" more calories by walking or doing something else on days that I really need a sweet.

• Like 1

Human Adventurer: Level 2

|| STR 4 || DEX 1 || STA 3 || CON 1 || WIS 3 || CHA 2 ||

Current Challenge:  #2 ||  Battle Log || Past Challenges: #1

Oh cool, I had seen the Basis when I was shopping around but decided on the fitbit, I like the idea of the HR monitor being part of it.  I am probably gonna wait until the holiday season to see if there are any new launches.  I really like getting all the information from it, it helps me figure out if I can "earn" more calories by walking or doing something else on days that I really need a sweet.

I feel exactly the same way! I've got my fingers crossed because Apple is doing a product launch tomorrow and there is a ton of speculation about the iWatch. Hopefully they launch it and hopefully its got all the stuff I want and hopefully it's better than what I have. That's a lot of hopeful LOL.

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

Duuude, Marvel!! MCU, or Marvel in general? I'm a big fan - I feel like they're actually a perfect model for fitness, not just in having superbuff stars, but also in the way they're absolutely and systematically slaying the market. Which is your favourite? I think mine is currently CA:TWS...which comics have you picked up?

It's so exciting to see other people kicking depression where it hurts :)

• Like 1

Level 0 Pixie. My Quest
STR 0|DEX 2|STA 0|CON 1|WIS 7|CHA 5

(I'm not actually wise or charismatic - I just don't deserve any strength points yet)