Coming down from the mountains

My name is Bacon and I'm an adjunct professor of literature in East Tennessee. You guys have finally motivated me to get off my lazy posterior and get to exercising again.

I've been watching the blog and reading the amazing emails for months now, but due to some changes in my life and teaching schedule I've decided that if I don't get back into a gym now I never will.

I'm currently mid-30's and 215 lbs. Fifteen years ago I was 135 and worked out for hours a day, then a series of major illness, surgeries, and injury left me fat and lazy. I was once what I would have called a gnome assassin (I'm short), and I'm on my way to being a Orc warrior. (My name is Bacon, that means I have to be a warrior, right?)

I actually am writing just after my first day in a gym in ages. I took my dog on a jog then went to lift with the sole purpose of doing squats and deadlifts, then maybe more if I felt like it.

4 sets of squats and 3 of deadlift and I almost could not make it up my stairs to my apartment. 

It feels awesome. 

My first day back in and I'm now dedicating to a stronglift 5x5 for the next few weeks. When the next challenge comes around I'm throwing in hardcore with the warriors, if you will have an old, fat, balding professor.

Welcome!  I'm mid 30's too; it's never too late to start taking care of yourself!  Good luck and see you around the forums. 

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Welcome among us newbies! Get ready for your challenge in 2 weeks.

Mondard

Wood Elf Assassin | Level 0

|| STR 0 || DEX 0 || STA 0 || CON 0 || WIS 0 || CHA 0 ||

Running PRs : 5K - 21m29s | 10K - 47m30s | Half Marathon - 1h42m23s | Marathon - 4h39m53s

"Our comforting conviction that the world makes sense rests on a secure foundation; our almost unlimited ability to ignore our ignorance.†Daniel Kahneman