I WENT TO THE GYM! It was scary XD

So, I just wanted to share my beginner's woot!

Last night I went to the gym for the first time. I've had my gym membership for about 1 day. I've never been to the gym before and I was really terrified.

At 11pm I hovered around outside for a bit, then drove home because there were too many people, but I went back at 1am (it's a 24hour gym) and no one was there! I went in, checked everything out, and spent a whole hour between the treadmill and the elliptical! I know they aren't the best of machines, but I have a recovering minor leg injury and I wanted to test how far I could push it, which is why I went for those. 

Tonight I will be heading back there, probably around the same time, and I will attempt to do the Beginner Body Weight Workout, and hopefully a personal trainer will contact me soon for my free personal training session, and they can show me how to use the free weights! IT WILL BE AWESOME!!

• Like 8

Getting in the door is the hardest part :-P That, and standing around looking at the free weights with a bunch of big muscle-heads staring at themselves in the mirrors, because in my gym, they make fun of the "fat chicks" (myself included). Basically, I'm happy you posted this, because I am super nervous about working out around other people as well. It makes me wish I had a gym buddy.

DireWolfCurse

Don't think about it, just DO it.

My Challenge  Battle Log  My Epic Quest

Soon you'll be one of the regulars. Figuring out where everything is can be the hardest part. Having a trainer help you learn is very important, but you'll be doing it on your own before you know it. Great job :)

You aren't going to get the butt you want by sitting on the one you have.
Challenges: 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10  • 11 â€¢ 12 • 13 • Current

Aspiring Success Story: start 242     current 179.8     goal 142  |  Total Lost: 62.2 lbs  Follow me on Facebook

Half-Nymph Assassin Warrior • Level Up Club Alumni • Nerd Fitness Academy Member • Camp Nerd Fitness Attendee