Hi there!

My name is Ashley, and I am completely ready to start my journey to lose weight and get fit. 

For the past few years, I've worked out on and off for months at a time, and then I let something pull me back down to where I was before. 

I turned 28 years old in June, and am 297 pounds.  I am so ready to make a change.

I've been here before, though, so I have to find something to keep me going through this. I joined NerdFitness several years ago (diff. tagname) and jumped right into the Assassin's guild, which I think was my mistake.  While I would love to eventually join the Assassin's Guild, I think I need to start out slower and build my fitness level up.  

My parents, sister, and I are starting a weight loss competition of sorts, where we all put money in a pot and try to lose the most % of our weight.  It's a tiered winning system so that everyone can stay motivated.  

I work in a very high energy environment and am many times exhausted at the end of the day, but I feel like I have a pretty good handle on creating the energy I need to stay motivated.  I just need to do it and stick with it! 

I cut out caffeine a few days ago and already feel loads better!  

My current long-term goal is just to get under 200 pounds, and then once I reach that goal I'll figure out where I want to get to and what I'm going for then.  I know it won't be easy, but I am extremely excited to delve into the site and start figuring out how I want to work towards my goal!

I'm working towards setting "Missions" for myself to complete & I am so excited to get to work on that!  

• Like 1

"Amonkira, Lord of Hunters.  Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift.  And should the worst come to pass, grant me forgiveness."

No caffeine sista! Welcome!  I cut it out two years ago, it was tough at first but worth it in the end.  

There are a lot of great people here to support you and lots of wonderful resources.  It is also so great that you have family on the road with ya!

I have found that NF has helped me to set clear goals.  Goals that I can work at every day no matter what happens and has by far given me motivation when in the past I have called it quits on trying to be healthy.

Welcome to the party!

Human Adventurer: Level 2

|| STR 4 || DEX 1 || STA 3 || CON 1 || WIS 3 || CHA 2 ||

Current Challenge:  #2 ||  Battle Log || Past Challenges: #1

Hi, Ashley! What kind of high energy environment do you work in? I also tend to be exhausted at the end of the day so I've trained myself to hit the gym first thing in the morning. It's the only thing that works for me, but I hope you'll find whatever works best for you. Good luck! :) If you'd like any input with goals from a total stranger, let me know. I'm a newbie here but actually teach a policy and planning course that requires setting SMART goals and I just did my Nerd Fitness goals a couple weeks ago.

Aeshnidae, The Girl with the Dragonfly Tattoo

Human Ranger

Level 4 | STR 9 | DEX 8 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 8 | CHA 3

Aeshnidae Flips the Bird at Being Sick | Battle Log | Skull Crushers III

Intro Post | MFP | 2nd Challenge

"Fire bad, tree pretty."

"Nothing but the rain..."