Ren's Battle Training

Still very new to this site but I wanted to set myself up for success and keep track of my progress here.

Day 1: 

Well today was a bit odd for me. The car broke down recently and so today I walked to Walmart for a new battery. Didn't get anything else done but at least the car started.

Exercise:

90 min. walk

Food:

- two Pillsbury Jr Grands biscuits,

- 8 oz whole milk

- two slices of Canadian bacon and pineapple pizza

- 12 oz peach soda

I know, I know - terrible diet today, but after the new car battery there wasn't any money for food until tomorrow so my only options were left over

Current Weight:

223 lbs

Goal Weight: 

135-140 lbs

Tomorrows Goal:   Work out for an hour before work. 

Day 2:

I only got in a 45 min walk today before work but I still  feel good about getting some physical activity before my shift. All in all it was a pretty good day - I got to sleep in and some of my tomato seeds sprouted today. Other than that I wasn't super productive, but tomorrow is a new day.

Exercise:

40 min. walk

Food:

- tomato and goat cheese salad (no dressing)

- blackened catfish fillet

- large Starbucks iced chai latte

- lemon pepper tilapia

- grilled zucchini and tomato

I love it when I get to buy myself healthy food!

Current Weight:

Goal Weight:

135--140

Tomorrow's Goal: 20 min of yoga, 20 min of cardio, 20 min. walk to work - 60 min total exercise 

so far I've got cherry tomatoes, regular tomatoes, green peppers, swede, zucchini, and I'm trying my hand at getting some nectarines to sprout. I don't really have the space for all of them, but I plan to give away the ones I can't plant on Listia. Really tho I just like watching things grow, and its been years since I had time for a hobby so I get pretty excited when I see the things I planted start to come up.

Thanks for the encouragement guys! I will definitely post some pics once I get some green things sprouting. I do what I can for exercise right now, but I'm still figuring out what I like. I did try yoga today, but didn't make it to the full 20 min I planned since I felt ridiculous and a little bored - I just added a little extra time to my walk and for now my goal is just to dedicate 1 hour per day to moving towards my fitness goals!

Day 3:

Exercise:

20 min elliptical, 40 min walk

Food:

- Rice with tomatoes and zucchini, 1 fried chicken leg (skin removed)

- 1/2 Starbucks apple tart

- 1/2 Starbucks grilled cheese sandwich

- more rice with tomatoes and zucchini

Didn't plan well for food and just had left overs when I got home from work.

Current Weight:

Goal Weight:

135-140

• Like 1

Today was my day off, so I kinda threw caution to the wind in terms of my diet. 

Day 4:

Exercise:

Not much to speak of - a light warm up and some strength training - probably only about 20 min or so. Boy was I feeling lazy today!

Food:

- 1/2 homemade grilled cheese sandwich

- 8 oz. tea with milk

- brown rice with sausage, tomatoes, and broccoli

- 16 oz Cherry Coke

- 1 chocolate cake pop

- 6 oz. whole milk

I've got my meals planned and cooked for tomorrow so I can be a little more mindful of "junk food" without grabbing whatever is offered to me!

Current Weight:

Goal Weight:

135-140

I have two questions.... 1. Have you tried using something like myfitnesspal to track what your eating? Yes it can be tedious and annoying but it is also super helpful to keep yourself honest. 2. What do you prefer to drink on a regular basis? I've replaced latte's with tea or coffee with minimal sugar/milk and allow myself 1-2 lattes a week. In place of soda I'll drink flavored carbonated water and I try to always carry a water bottle. I am a sucker for liquid calories so I do my best to prevent them.

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Thanks for the responses! I've had a lousy couple of days, but my diet had gotten cleaner. I had some sort of stomach bug and managed to hurt my neck somewhere in the last two days, and through the course of all that I haven't been exercising much. I did do a 60 min. walk the past two days, and I've been experimenting with different lean proteins that I can get cheaply. So far I've found that beef hearts in the crock pot are excellent but I haven't been able to keep a lot of food down. I'm stiff and sore today but feeling better!

Amdhiel -- I have tried using myfitnesspal to track food, but for me it was more of a chore than it was helpful. I think I'll go back to using it tho just to get a better idea of what my day to day nutrition is like. I drink a lot of tea - A LOT of tea - and plenty of water. I try to only record the drinks that have milk or sugar in them, but I'd say I drink probably around 4 mugs of high quality herbal or green tea every day- because its free at work. Unfortunately sodas and sometimes other sugary drinks are also available at work so sometimes it's tempting to just grab those instead. I used to have a latte almost every day before class when I was a student, but kicked that habit back in April so now I'm sticking with tea! 

I don't think I'll push myself in terms of exercise until my neck feels better but for now its good to be healthy and typing again!

• Like 1

The last couple days I've been on night shifts, and haven't had the energy to update when I got home. Yesterday all l ate was a burrito with some rice and beens and a chocolate chip cookie. I still haven't quite gotten the pain in my neck and shoulder to go away so I'm sticking with walking for an hour a day for the time being - It seems to be working tho since I'm still seeing weight loss every day or two!

Day 10:

Food:

- Two chicken breast, lettuce, and tomato sandwiches

- 1/2 raw green pepper

- 1 raw tomato

- 1 tbs light ranch dressing

- toast with goat cheese 

- 12 oz tea with milk

Exercise:

60 min walk

Starting Weight: (March)

NF Starting Weight:

Current Weight:

Goal Weight:

135-140

Staying on the  9 hour late night shifts and its been hell - great to be making some money, but it makes it difficult to eat well or have any kind of motivation.

Day 12

Food:

- grilled cheese with tomato

- toast with cream cheese

- chicken sandwich with lettuce, tomato, and light mayo

- 12 oz tea with milk

Exercise:

none to speak of :(

Day 13

Exercise:

60 min walk + a little body weight exercise (3 sets each: squats, push ups, crunches)

Food:

- green salad w/ a hardboiled egg

- two slices of oven pizza

- chili/lime tostadas 

Working so late its really tempting to just eat whatever is already made as soon as I get home - I only get 20-30 min for lunch so I rarely eat on my lunch break. I really REALLY need to get in the habit of planning my meals before so I don't eat junk when I get home.

Current Weight:

Goal Weight:

135-140