Hilasmos's Battle Log

I just began working on fitness over the weekend.  I did 5 push ups on fists on Saturday.  On Monday I walk/jogged for 25 minutes.

I've never been one who enjoys running, but I've decided I want to get good at it for my own good.  I've been reading posts about barefoot running or wearing shoes like Vibram Five Fingers, so I'm researching that more. 

Tomorrow, I'm going to do my first BBWW.

Eating healthy is something I've never done.  I like pizza and dislike vegetables.  I've found that I can keep my weight under control with intermittent fasting, so I do IF and eat the foods I like.  I'm interested to see how my way of eating will work with my increased exercise.

Hilasmos, Level 2 Lycan

STR 3.1 | DEX 0.61 | STA 1.9 | CON 2.7 | WIS 1.7 | CHA 2.3

Battle Log

Challenges:  1

That Beginning Body Weight Workout was a lot harder than I expected! 

I did warm up

20 body weight squats

6 push ups

7 lunges

10 rows with each arm using a gallon of water

15 second plank

20 jumping jacks

Stretching

I was so tired after the first circuit that I didn't even try the other two.  I'm encouraged by the fact that I've been able to add a push up every day since I started exercising, but the lunges were tough!  The rows were too easy, so I need to find something heavier to use for them.

I know I will continue to improve if I keep working at it.  After my workout I've been reading some NF articles that say to start small and increase what you do slowly, and that was encouraging.  I'm planning to keep working on my plan of jogging and doing the BBWW until I am good at both.

Hilasmos, Level 2 Lycan

Battle Log

Today, I ran/walked for 1 mile.  Next week, I'm going to start using a C25K app.  After reading about running on the forum, I think I've been running too fast, so next week I'll try to slow it down and see if I can keep from getting so winded.

The first week of exercising has brought me a big increase in energy and hunger.  I've stopped my daily intermittent fasting because I feel like I need more food to build muscle.  I think I may try doing Eat Stop Eat instead of Fast-5 next week.

Hilasmos, Level 2 Lycan

Battle Log

Thanks for the encouragement!  I'll let you know as I figure out how to work in my fasting.  Right now, I'm exercising in the mornings in a fasted state, then eating afterwards.  I'm planning to fast from Sunday evening to Monday evening, but we'll have to see how that goes.

Hilasmos, Level 2 Lycan

Battle Log

This has been a busy week!  I had a test in class and my anniversary on Wednesday.

As a result, I was studying and celebrating on Tuesday and didn't exercise.

Wednesday I did Day 2 of my C25K, running 1.8 miles in 30 minutes.

Thursday, I did the BBWW - 20 crunches - 8 push ups - 20 lunges - hang from the pull up bar for 10 seconds - 25 second plank - 30 jumping jacks.

- I intended to add a second set to these exercises this week, but I didn't have much time with other things going on. 

Friday I did Day 3 of C25K, but my shins started hurting after only a few minutes, so I slowed down to walking after the first half.

Hilasmos, Level 2 Lycan

Battle Log