I'm Scott.

Back in March, my doctor told me I had to either go on blood pressure medication, or change my lifestyle. I was obese, holding most of the weight in my face and my gut.

I don't remember when I weighed myself in at 250, whether it was before that or after. It got to a point that I was so disgusted with my weight, that I stopped checking. I'd been trying to eat better around that time. I knew how to workout, but honestly I felt so weak I was afraid that I wasn't healthy enough.

Shortly after the visit, I changed my diet (and I mean diet the way it's stated on the NF site- the stuff I put in my mouth.) I changed gradually, possibly too gradually, but they were steps I could take. Shortly after that, I began exercising.

I started with swimming and weight machines at the gym (yeah, I know.) As my weight dropped and my strength improved, I graduated to more body weight and eventually to free weights as well. The change to free weights came after I discovered the NF site.

I'm now 55 pounds and a whole lot stronger. My diet is paleo-light-light. I'm currently training to complete the 300 Spartan workout in under 30 minutes. (I can do 85% of the reps in under 30.)

My mindset has transformed. I keep track of my weight, but I'm no longer concerned about it. Not really. Most of the belly fat has gone (I'm down 6 pants sizes) and I want to see the rest go. But my goals have shifted - they're performance based. For instance, after 300, I want to be able to do planche push-ups. And then I'll find another goal. And another.

I'm too egotistical not to be concerned about my appearance, but I finally understand the quote that appearance is a consequence of fitness. 

Great work! Looks like you've come a long way already. Here's to going even further!

• Like 1

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42