Hello, everyone. :)

I'm Steppinon D'Arrows and I first found this place while looking for ways to lose the weight I had gained back.

You see, I have been on Weight Watchers for some time, my poor diet choices, sedentary habits and medical situation having made me overweight since childhood. I lost, in total, approximately 100 lbs, give or take. However, I made some bad choices when I wasn't really keeping track and gained ten pounds before I knew it. I'm back on WW but I've begun to incorporate exercise and even more healthy eating into my diet. I'm hoping to get back to how I was and less.

As of this writing, I am 170 lbs and 5'4" in height. I'm a bit of a Scale Watcher and have perfectionist tendencies, so I'm trying to change that too so I can develop a healthier attitude about myself. I've also started going back to school after having tried and failed to get a job for a long time. I'm going into Culinary Arts and want to start out in back-of-the-house as a line cook and eventually find which foods I like making best and specialize.

I started out in Nerd Fitness by signing up for those e-mails. I liked the way the articles on the site were written and thought I could use the motivation to keep me going. Now I want to take it a step further and I'm starting to create my alter ego, fully joining the rebellion. Old habits are hard to break, though. Hopefully, this will help.

• Like 1

Calorie Counting/ Nutrition Tracking for a year on MyFitnessPal+Fitbit One (365 days = .27% per day, Day 74):

19.98%
19.98%

New Year's Resolution - Healthy Weight/BMI for Summer (June 1st, Get to about 130 lbs/22 BMI approx. in 152 days/21 weeks starting from 153 lbs = 4.35% per pound, currently 142):

47.85%
47.85%

Graduate Culinary School {20% per section: F.O.H. ( A ), Hot Foods ( C ), Garde Manger [Cold Foods], Bakeshop, Test}     Passed Certifications: ServSafe, Management

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

Intro  Challenges: 1 2 Reset 3

Try making changes insmall increments. This will make them easier to stick to and they will become more natural.

Welcome to NF!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Thanks! :)

I've already made a good start. I'm incorporating more fruits and veggies into my diet.

• Like 1

Calorie Counting/ Nutrition Tracking for a year on MyFitnessPal+Fitbit One (365 days = .27% per day, Day 74):

19.98%
19.98%

New Year's Resolution - Healthy Weight/BMI for Summer (June 1st, Get to about 130 lbs/22 BMI approx. in 152 days/21 weeks starting from 153 lbs = 4.35% per pound, currently 142):

47.85%
47.85%

Graduate Culinary School {20% per section: F.O.H. ( A ), Hot Foods ( C ), Garde Manger [Cold Foods], Bakeshop, Test}     Passed Certifications: ServSafe, Management

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

Welcome!!

We are about the same height too. (I'm a shorty at 5'3", haha)  Us short folk gotta stick together!

NF has an amazing community and I'm sure you'll feel right at home and more inspired than ever to meet your goals!

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Hiya, Steppinon! I'm a perfectionist/scale watcher, too, so maybe we can help each other chill out about the numbers. :) Shaaraway is right, NF is a wonderful community, so welcome! 

Aeshnidae, The Girl with the Dragonfly Tattoo

Human Ranger

Level 4 | STR 9 | DEX 8 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 8 | CHA 3

Aeshnidae Flips the Bird at Being Sick | Battle Log | Skull Crushers III

Intro Post | MFP | 2nd Challenge

"Fire bad, tree pretty."

"Nothing but the rain..."

Thanks, shaaraway and aeshnidae! I'm liking this place already. :)

• Like 1

19.98%
19.98%

47.85%
47.85%

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal