[Pathfinder] Journeys.

This is a thread for Pathfinder in a PBP. Please ask any questions in the OOC thread!

OOC THREAD

Adventures

Beginnings

Adventure #2 (title in the works)

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

During your adventures you happened upon a small town. In that town there was quite a stir, it seems that something has been taking livestock from the local farmers. Often nothing but blood is left behind.

But the last disappearance was different. A large black tooth was found in the remains. This has many of the residents scared. And some have even gathered what little belongings they had and left for the larger cities nearby.

The local lord has offered a surprisingly large reward for the brave adventurer or group of adventurers that could slay the beast. 

It is believed that the monster resides inside of a large cave underneath the mountain overlooking the village. The prize has brought many, but none have returned to claim it.

You have decided to pursue this monster for your own reasons, and have begun to follow the broken path to the cave entrance. It is mid-day, and light shines through the trees illuminating various spots along the path. But when glancing off the path, your eyes cannot penetrate far.

I have changed the story up a bit. Feel free to start posting and introducing yourself. I have left it open enough so that you can engineer how you meet each other along the path. I am new to this, and dont want to tell you what to do. But it would be nice if you could all meet before you get to the cave...

Also don't feel you have to have your character fully completed before introducing yourself. Just please know that if you aren't following one of the pre-set classes I have (Wizard, Rogue, Fighter, Cleric). If you are creating your own character please stay within the core rulebook for now! PLEASE! This time around is supposed to be SIMPLE.

The core of this adventure is from the box, I will be trying to optimize it for PBP though. 

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Amongst the heroes walks an unlikely one, a gnome clad in such brightly multi-coloured garments that would put a rainbow to shame. His hair is dark brown like freshly dug soil, worn in tight braids that are held in a small ponytail on the back of his neck. Although he carries a longspear, or at least long for his size, he uses it mostly as a walking stick, while a small crossbow bounces on his outer thigh as he walks. Clearly he is not the fighting type, but gnomes are renowed illusionists and their appearances can often be deceiving...

So excited this is happening! I've just lain a visual description of my character, much like a "fade-in" scene in a movie with no further explanations. Not bothering about how we met, if anyone expands that part of the backstory I'd be glad to play along. Let's see how this works out, we'll get the hang of it as we go.

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (7)Fitness (2)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

(I believe we're supposed to start alone and meet on the path?)

As the gnome continues along the path he comes upon a hulk of a man leaning casually against a tree, one foot up and propped against the trunk. He is tall, even for a human, but more striking than the man's height is his width. By the looks of it, he might not fit through many common doorways. Clad in a pair of worn brown hide boots and a pair of frayed hide pants that reach just short of halfway down his thighs and nothing else, his well bronzed physique has barely an ounce of fat on it. His thighs are larger circumference than the gnome's torso, the individual muscles beneath alone being the size of one of the gnome's own legs. The rest of his magnificent body is of similar proportion.

At first he doesn't notice the gnome as he is distracted by his bicep as he curls a large rock that must be at least 60 pounds up and down over and over again, nodding in satisfaction at something about the action. He pauses a moment to take a bite out of the large leg of mutton in his other hand, and as he does so, notices the gnome. He tosses the rock aside as he rips a hunk of the meat off the bone with his teeth before pushing lightly off the tree and offering the gnome a friendly wave, beginning to walk his way. His stride is long, and the warhammer on his right hip and large mace on his left hip bouncing in sync with each step. Behind him a large shield (large to most people, but not likely this man) leans against the tree he just left.

As he nears, it is apparent that this man's face is also quite striking. Though his coloring is nothing out of the ordinary, brown eyes, brown hair pulled back in a messy bun, his facial characteristics look as if they are chiseled out of stone. Even if he were of normal height and body size, his face would draw the eye in a crowd.

Reaching the gnome, he leans down and offers a hand that looks like it could easily fit around a standard sized skull, and then promptly crush it. "Hello friend," he says in a deep voice ringing with music one would not expect "I am Bronan, a Barbellian. I take it you're interested in testing your might against what plagues this place as well?"

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Can it be so bad as that? Well, perhaps. She watched a family depart with sorrowful glances back and stiff backs that spoke of no returning. They hadn't left anything interesting behind. She had just gently tossed the place. The cheese, her only meager reward, was cupped in her hand. It was green on two sides, but after a bit of work, the edible portions came to the light. Her waterskin needed refilling. She pulled herself up out of her crouch and peered down to the streets. Her lanky limbs complaining a bit about the time spent folded up. Her long torso bent back and a lovely sigh escaped her lips. She stuffed the cheese into a sack at her waist and headed to the street level.

As she dropped to the ground, she saw someone pass by without all their possessions tied to their back. Well, maybe it was all their possessions? The gnome was brightly bedecked and headed in a different direction. Could this little gnome want to tangle with the mysteries of the cave? Hum… She watched him exit the town and then took off to refill her waterskin. Then she went to catch up and see what excitement there might be.

By the time she found him again, he was well away from the town proper. She turned a bit of a corner on the make-shift path and, wanting to make herself known to the gnome, laid eyes on a brick of a man, hand out to the gnome in obvious friendship. Did they know each other, or not? She watched for only a moment before deciding this may well be a trio of introductions.

"Ho there, travelers! Might I join this meeting? I'm looking for something new and exciting." She hoped her eyes were purple enough today to show off her lovely Elven nature. Too often lately, they have been more grey than purple. "My name is, well long and complex. But I go by Flo." She flounced her dark copper hair and walked up to the men, open and welcoming.

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

The gnome gave Bronan's hand a skeptical look. He was definately friendly, but something about him shouted that he may not be in complete control of his power. Deciding it's not worth the risk of having his small hand accidentally crushed, he grabbed his sash and took a deep breath, trying to expand to his full height. Next to the huge man, it was a comic attempt, but he was trying to look brave. "Ho there, mighty traveler! he spoke with a song-like pattern to his speech. "Testing my might is not the case, but I have wits and magicks to try out against whatever beastie's plagueing the land. Oh, and I have a soft spot for animals. This looks to be beyond the case of a natural predator."

"Ho there, travelers! Might I join this meeting? I'm looking for something new and exciting. My name is, well long and complex. But I go by Flo."

An elf lady! Truly they were blessed to have one of their kin with them. He felt a bit more relaxed, switching from the huge warrior to face her and extended his hand in a greeting. He might have even taken a few small steps towards her direction in his excitement. His words came out of his mouth like an unstoppable torrent. "Hi there, miss! Pleased to meet you! My name's Bacon. Yeah, I know, mom loved me too much and thought the rest of the world should too, mix that with dad's sense of humor and they named me Bacon, 'cause who doesn't love bacon? It's a bit funny, but I'm used to it by now. Anyway, what were we saying? Oh yes, excitement. I'm a sorcerer of some skill and my new friend Bronan over there is joining me in exploring a nearby cave so that we may find what's causing all the ruckus in the area. Care to tag along? I mean, we'd be more than happy to travel with you and I suppose a lady needs protection here in the wilds, not to imply that you are weak and defenseless, but... anyway, what say ye?"

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (7)Fitness (2)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

Before Bronan can respond to the little one who refused to shake hands, but seemingly pleasant enough non the less, he looks up to see a stick of an elf come waltzing down the path. At the site of the female he rises back to his full height from the beant over posture and puffs out his chest a bit, offering her a welcoming smile. The smile turns into a frown however when he looks down and sees the gnome offering her his hand when he refused to shake Bronan's. His frown is quickly erased when the gnome gives his name before his eyes glaze over a bit as he gets lost in his own thoughts. Bacon, I love Bacon! Come to think of it now I haven't had near enough bacon lately, and not enough protein yet today. He then comes back to the present and begins munching on his mutton once more as the gnome continues to spew out a deluge of words.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

A voice of deep gravel, lacking any such nonsense of musical inclination, called out down the path to the group of adventurers.

“What is this I hear about bacon?†obviously having only caught the tail end of the introduction of the elf and gnome.

At a distance it was easy to tell he was a dwarf, short and stocky like the vast majority of his kind, a red beard flowed down to just below his hips, which was easily the width of his chest and ornately braided. Even from this distance you could see the thick red eyebrows that competed for dominance, against the beard, on his face as a whole.

He jingled as he walked, well oiled chainmail accompanied by the sound of various weapons, pots, or gear clanked together. A Dwarven Urgrosh was his main weapon it seemed, it rested on his left shoulder held with a single hand, his right held a long stemmed pipe which he puffed on after his call, grey-blue smoke answered his draws from it. A wide leather belt kept a short sword and hand axe on each hip, while across his back, unstrung, was a short bow wrapped together with a quiver; these were only slightly off set by the line of throwing daggers that crossed his chest, five in all. Dark brown hose were tucked into the tops of well-oiled boots that looked worn but well cared for; and with a minute inspection, many would wager this dwarf took good care of his equipment in his spare time.

As he closed the distance his eyes were pale blue, glittering like small gemstones from behind the thick eyebrows mentioned before. His features were not majestic like Bronan or even commanding, but compared to the mountain of a man he was a low seated rocky crag, looking stubborn and rugged.

While his Urgrosh rested on his shoulder he raised the pointed end of it to group as a whole, removing his pipe from between his lips as much as his beard.

“Gorth Firebeard. Fighter. Brawler. General pain in the rear fer’ those of evil persuasion. I seek company to swiftly kick, bludgeon, burn, dismember, beat and maim, amongst other fun things you can do to evil, to whatever may lie ahead in yonder dark cave!â€

• Like 1

-Purple_Panda

Welp here is my first go. (completly out of comfort zone now woot)

From the woods emerges a human male of average height. As he clears the last set of trees you notice he is of above average build, but neigh near the hulking mass that is the other human. You can tell that his face is one that is quite average and could easily blend into a crowd with the exception of his thick brown hair which hangs to his shoulders and the thick beard which is common in the northern lands.

He is clad in chainmail and has a great sword sheathed to his back with a wooden shield as well. A thick leather belt holds hand axe on his left and several throwing axes to balance the heft of the axe on the right.

“Hail fellow travelers. What’s this I hear about the dismemberment of evil things? Rowan Gunnarsen, Nordic fighter and wander here.  I have wandered to long by-myself and since we all appear to be going to the same place I offer my sword and axes to the cause if you will be having me.â€

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

Flo, literally flows through the newcomers, beckoning them forward, open and high with joy. She affectionately touches those that don't shy from her nearness. This is the excitement I was hoping for. Not just one other, but many!! Okay so none are of my ilk, but they might prove amusing and interesting!

"Providence! That's what this is! Providence, providence, providence!! Come all together and shake on this mighty force to be reckoned with! Oh and little one, my motto: when the sword comes down, I'm never there! Ha! Never, never!!"

She adjusts her bow and taps her belt pouch absently. Wondering what fun might come of all this.

The Way

Better Now than Later On

(well, here goes nothing)

Just as Flo finishes greeting the newcomers a tall figure drops from the tree that Bronan had been leaning on just a few minutes before. 

“By the great North Star, what a motley group of travelers we have here.â€

Stepping into the light the figure approached the group taking place between the mountain of a man and the Dwarf.  Though considered tall for an elf, his lean athletic features created a stark contrast in comparison to the two.  Taking a quick moment to eye each of the gathering members up he let out slight laugh and looked to the sky, “I’d do well to remember that you have a sense of humor at times†he said as if addressing someone.

Looking back down it can be seen that years of travel have worn on the elf’s face.  Tan and chiseled from years in the wilds it now lacked youth and beauty that most of his kind possessed, including the young copper haired elf-maiden across from him.  A straight line scar ran downward from his forehead through his left eyebrow, and resumed under his eye running to his cheek.  His dark brown hair was cut short exposing another scar that ran from the back of his skull down the back of his neck disappearing into his leather, vest concealing the full length of it. 

“Like the lady, my name may be difficult for some of you†he said shooting a fast glance at Gorth and Bronan, “so you can call me Nasâ€.  Looking back to the elf maiden he had the strange urge to check his belt pouches making sure they and his starknife were secured, he then reached back un-securing his longbow with one hand and uncovering his quiver with the other.  ‘It has been far too long since I have seen one of my own kind’ he thought taking note of Flo’s purple eyes. 

Realizing he was starring, Naz snapped himself out of his thoughts making a quick redirection to avoid anyone noticing….“easy there big guy†he said as he nudged Bronan, “she would need to borrow my climbing kit to scale you to do what you’re thinking about†he said with a wry chuckle….

Tick, Tick, Tick, BOOM!!!

Bronan looks about as these others keep popping up out of nowhere, chewing on his mutton happily. He had been enjoying a nice warm-up in preparation for diving into the cave to test his strength, and while he was not opposed to a workout partner or two, this was getting ridiculous! First one of the half-bro people popping up rattling like a child's toy, then a wandering one who apparently skipped leg day, and finally this scarred elf that looked like he'd been on the wrong end of a bar fight a few too many times.

When the new elf nudges Bronan, it’s like nudging a marble statue. The muscle in his arm doesn't perceptively give, it is so firm, and neither the arm itself nor the man it is attached move either, not even a slight sway. Bronan turns his head to the side and down to peer at the sneaky elf that deigned to touch him, a frown now back on his face. He speaks, his voice deeper now, almost threatening, not quite covering up a seething rage beneath that seems not to be due to some perceived slight, but is in fact always there, always ready to burst free. "I know not of what thoughts you speak... Nas. Do not presume to know my mind. She is much too small to be worth squatting, or even pressing overhead. Even circus pressing she would be too small for unless I did it for many reps, and why would I do that? There are much more useful movements than high repetition circus presses to build overhead strength. There is no currently no reason that I would currently want her on my shoulders. You have much to learn in the ways of Brodin the Swolefather..."

• Like 3

500 / 330 / 625

The site of Nas makes Flo start. When he spoke to the sky, she smiled a bit. Prayers were always strange to her. She hadn't really talked with a Kin in this season, three years of her ritual adulthood. It was an interesting feeling to be so close now, even with one she didn't know. And this one, he was beaten by the earth. And attacked by something fierce. She first tracked the scars with her eyes, but then felt the scars on her own body in reaction to his close proximity. She wasn't sure why, but she felt safe with him here. Life seemed calmer.

She shrugged off the fascination and looked for signs of violence when the big one spoke up. He seemed, not threatened certainly, but annoyed. Perhaps it was good she hadn't touched him uninvited. She wouldn't mind it. His muscles were magnificent. Rocks layered on rocks on top of pure granite. The Dwarf was similar. The little one... wait - I shall not pity that which I've been told to pity. I am not my family's culmination of fears and justifications. What was his name?

"Drat!" She turned from Bacon and eyed the other human, a fighter certainly. Nordic? Never heard of such a place. His beard reminded her of someone, or was something?

Her attention slipped from the human as quickly as it did from the Elf. She turned toward the town, at least where she thought the town was, and wondered what would make a creature come through these thick woods to eat livestock? Good question.

The Way

Better Now than Later On

As the groups numbers continue to grow, they decide that they have had enough time for introductions. And choose to continue along the path. As they grow nearer the mountain seems to loom menacingly above them.

They continue to carefully follow the path, until suddenly they happen upon a small clearing. At last  they have arrived at their destination. The cave entrance itself is clearly visible, but a curtain of moss conceals what is within. Just off to the side of the entrance there is a large statue of a menacing warrior.

Gorth sunk the spike end of his Urgrosh into the ground as they entered the clearing, taking a moment to re-pack his pipe as the group continues to move forward.

"Oyie, Bronan..." he stopped for a moment to wonder why his name echoed ever so slightly when he said it; maybe it was just him, "Ye' father?" motioning to the statue of the menacing warrior with the stem of his pipe; trying to make a comedic reference to the chiseled stone of the statue and stature of the man. (CHA 6 - No Skill)

"I'd get the sharp objects out..." he muttered in a more serious tone, setting about to take off his pack and start stringing his shortbow. His Urgrosh within arms reach.

-Purple_Panda

As they move on the path, Bronan stops at the tree a moment to pick up his shield and toss it over his back, the carrying strap crossing over his chest diagonally from the right should to his left hip. He then leans down into the brush and picks up what appears to be 4 foot tall wooden carving of a giant leg, rippling with muscle just like those of its owners, complete with a foot at the bottom and terminating on the other end with carved gristle and bone, as if it had been ripped off some enormous humanoid then turned to wood. Upon closer inspection, it is apparent that the ankle is wrapped in leather from just above the foot to about the top of the calf, and it becomes clear that this wooden leg is actually an intricately carved greatclub! Bronan grasps the ankle in his meaty right hand and leans the rest of the odd weapon on his right shoulder as they make their way. He also finally manages to finish the mutton and toss the bone aside.

When they reach the clearing and the half-bro mentions the statue, Bronan offers a simply "hrmph." before continuing right on across toward the statue to investigate it.

500 / 330 / 625

Bacon was excited with the little warband that had gathered about. He was not stupid, he knew he was the smallest of them and wouldn't stand a fighting chance alone. Even the missing livestock were larger than him, so physically at least, he needed some backup. By now he seemed to have plenty. For some reason though, introductions were really short. He never had a chance to pull out his pot and brew a proper tea so they would be able to sit down and get to know each other. "Oh well" he had thought to himself. "Eager to get down to business. That's good, I suppose".

En route, his little legs struggled to keep him from falling behind the party, but what he lacked in speed he made up for in enthusiasm and endurance. He would slide between the ranks, not unlike an annoying child, asking everyone all kinds of strange questions about themselves. He would ask Bronan about military presses and whether they were different depending on what nation's military you were in. He would ask Gorth to make funny shapes with the smoke from his pipe. He asked Flo if Providence was a place where tentacly aberrations lived. There was no end to his questions. But they were honest and obviously out of sheer curiosity.

Once they reached the mouth of the cave, he looked at the statue for a second. "Well, that'll be one extremely artistic beast if I ever saw one. That, or we're facing a civilized foe. Any schol..." his train of thought crashed on the sight of Bronan's muscular frame. The rest of the wagons came behind, as his sight drifted to the rest of their warlike crew. "Right. I suppose I'm the scholar and unless Nas is skilled in the bardic trade of scavenging folklore, we have no idea who or what might have made this. Or what we're up against. Gorth, any... rock-hewing insights?"

(OOC: I am itching to start suggesting an approach, marching order etc. but try to remember my character is chaotic. This might turn out to be a greater roleplaying challenge than I expected)

Lvl 60 Multitasker

As the group is traveling towards the clearing Rowan thought to himself; I wasnt planning on trying to slay this beast, but this is an odd group we have here and could prove to be quite entertaining.

As Bronan walks off Rowan smiles and chuckles to himslef. Rowan remarks to Gorth "Might not want to piss him looks like he ripped the leg off of the last guy who did and is now using it as a weapon. Ha!"

Rowan pulls his great sword out of its sheath just enough to make sure it is loose and will unsheath when needed.

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

Having finished stringing his bow, he slug it across his back once again; leaving his pack where he had dropped it. Hefting the Urgrosh into his hands again, he just half chuckled at Bronan's grunt at his feeble attempt at humor.

His brow furrowed at Bacon's question regarding rock crafting, and nodded to the gnome.

"I kin' see; but even if it was carved by a sentient group; many a dwarven home, long abandon, has become home for those that come upon them."

Relevant Skill(s) in attempts to gather information regarding the Statue and Cave nature.

Stonecunning (+2 on perception checks regarding stone work)

Dungeoneering (Skill Modifier 1D20 + 4)

Darkvision (60ft in pitch-dark)

He clanks the Urgrosh to the side of his helmet in acknowledgement to Rowan

"I'd reckon he'd be the laughing stock o' his ancestors if he were to wield these stumpy legs." he grins, while looking at the cave structure and statue.

-Purple_Panda

Flo traipses around the band as they walk on. "Your gait is so tiny yet you move so well... Bacon! That's what it is."

She tries to scout the area along the path as they go, but the dim underbrush doesn't seem to be giving up any of its secrets. The question of providence makes her wonder. "I know so little of this area. Perhaps, providence does have a place in this world! hehehe"

Flo seems to turn a switch inside and she becomes very focused on the new scene around her. The statue is a curious thing. Flo checks it from afar, not knowing what traps or alarms there could be. She wants to move closer if it's safe, to see what she can find... of value or intrigue. Maybe I can find something useful for in there.

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Once the group reached the cave opening Nas took a quick scan of the area, noting cover and possible hiding areas.  After finding a well-covered area he tucked his backpack under a large bushing making sure it is not viable to anyone that would not know how to look. 

At the mention of his name Nas glances up at Bacon then to the statue, “nah…doesn’t look familiar to me†he said as some of the group approached the statue.  Keeping one eye on the group he removed strips of cloth from a hip pouch, using a small flask he then poured a small amount of oil on each of them.  He then tied them to five arrows just below the arrowhead, making sure they were tied as to not effect the balance of the arrow themselves. 

Returning the arrows to his quiver Nas stood up making sure the others were well distracted.  Making sure no eyes were on him, he pulled a chain that was around his neck revealing a small silver butterfly pendent.  Touching it to his lips he whispered, “May Lady Luck watch us, as we endeavor to protect her travelersâ€.  He tucked the symbol back into his shirt, “Though I doubt this group needs protecting, might there be something else she has planned for me†he said under his breath.

Gathering his bow in hand he approached the group as the dwarf was inspecting the statue, curious to see if anyone had found anything.

Tick, Tick, Tick, BOOM!!!

As the group enters the clearing, some move closer to the magnificent statue of the warrior. While others hang back seeking safety. 

Those who where brave enough to move nearer to the statue notice that something has began to eat away at it surface. Surely nothing natural could be responsible.

Those closer to the tree line notice that the area is eerily quite. No wildlife can be heard, no bird songs, no signs of life. 

As the group around the statue try to discern more the moss covering the cave entrance is ripped apart as 2 goblins with drawn swords rush those approaching the statue, while another located atop a rocky outcrop levels his bow at those in the rear. (roll for initiative)

Noticing the goblins attack, Bacon draws his light crossbow, aiming for the goblin sitting on the rocky outcrop. He is pretty confident that his muscular friends can take care of the two wielding swords, as he is that they make more threatening targets than himself, so he resists his urge to cast a Mage Armor spell on himself. This should be over quickly and hopefully without a scratch.

Rolled a 5, plus 2 for DEX, grand total of 7 on Initiative. Rolling any other dice that might be needed in advance

Attack: 19+2+1(racial) = 22 a critical hit?

Confirm: 1+2+1 = 4 darn

Damage: 3

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Flo is so focused on the statue, she is assaulted by the noise of the goblins breaking through the cave moss. The statue was going to have to wait! She pulls out her bow, scans around as quickly as possible locating the additional goblin on the top and some adequate cover to protect her from sword and arrows alike. When she does find good cover, she knocks an arrow. It's hard to tell what happened first, but she takes a bead on the goblin on top, hoping she didn't miss another goblin who may be close enough to attack her! This is it!

The day's events melt into her quiet mind and she can only see and hear that which is in this very moment. I can't remember any one telling me that this happens? Shut it! Focus!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Initiative roll = 9

Will seek some cover, draw bow, and aim for the goblin up top. Also scan for others late to the party. If free to do so, let go the arrow and reload.

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Initiative Roll = 12 (rolled 9 + 3 dex mod)

"Goblins." breathed with disgust.

He hefted his Urgrosh up into both hands, and moved forward as swift as his short legs let him; his chainmail jingling all the way.

Moving to intercept one of the two goblins; as he is slower than most the party, he'll read off of who attacks what and move to assist on the goblin with less attackers.

Movement: 20ft

Two-Weapon Fighting Attack with Urgrosh (axe end + pointy end)

Attack Roll #1: 3 = 2(1D20)+ 1 (Base) + 2 (Str) -2 (Two Weapon Fighting)

Damage: 8 = 6(1D8) + 2 (Str)

Attack Roll #2: 17 16(1D20) + 1 (Base) + 2 (Str) -2 (Two Weapon Fighting

Damage: 6 = 4(1D6) + 2 (Str)

-Purple_Panda