PvP - FOODZ! (ongoing)

(I will edit the title later once I figure out if it's a PvS or P or whatever and when the end date it)

So I got some rules... and I got some goals... and the end thought is that I go against both of them more than I should... I go against them often enough that it is derailing me... I think that my horrid slippage is contributing to the pain levels I been experiencing and also to the fact that I can't seem to get over this creeping crud lately... 

THIS is my proposal... 

1) I follow the rules

2) if I break the rules I impose my "discipline"

so here is the premise of the PvP... we decide on our rules (not a universal rule although if you want to follow my rules I am ok with that)... and then you decide on your discipline... I'm thinking that my rule should be that every time I indulge outside of my parameters I should donate 5$ to a charity (was thinking one I don't care for which would make me disinclined to fudge. .. although diabetes research would be fitting)... you could even decide your own "discipline/punishment" you could choose burpees!

we can use this place to encourage each other... and to report our "failures"... and even if you want to have it be an allowance rather than a negative thing (as in if I want to have dessert then I need to do 5 minutes of activity) that's cool! it's YOUR challenge too!! 

The rules I have already are

. Gluten free (I sometimes say paleo ish. .. I do eat some corn and rice (rice usually only when I hike because it tends to back me up if I eat too much) minimal beans and some dairy (you'll pry my coffee creamer from my cold dead hands) and REAL cheese maybe once a week

. Besides coffee my only liquid calories are on hikes that last more than a couple hours (coconut water or juice or Gatorade)

. The only time I allow chocolate/sweets (basically I consider this to be added sugar) is on a hike > 6 miles a bike ride > 30 miles or on a day I strength train AND run > 5 miles (so about once or twice a week)

thinking I am going to donate HERE

Participants - and chosen discipline

alienjenn - 5$ donation 

LadyShello

Elastigirl

cledbo54

AndyMcRandy  to start it will be no soda at all. consequence: 10 pushups per soda I drink.

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Great idea. 

I was thinking of doing something along these lines as part of my challenge... but I had some variations.  1- my rule is about logging in and checkling posts too often during the day - like when I am supposed to be working (and like right now).  It's terrible.  and 2 - for my punisment I was thinking of setting up a punishment table of 6-8 fitness 'punishments'... like 10 burpees, 10 pushups, etc..  Then if any fellow rebels caught me logged in and/or posting during certain hours either they could roll to deal my punishment or I would roll for my punishment... I suppose that would depend on their inclinations and dice stash - or include a link to an online roller.  However, I would run into difficulties with time zones and display issues..  I'm assuming rebels across the globe are seeing time stamps in their own time zone so I couldnt address that.   Of course there is always the honor system but I've been telling myself to stay focused (on work, not NF) and that hasn't worked so far.. 

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Great plan. I've been slacking on my nutrition lately. This will help get it back in line. I'll come back and edit when I have my rules .

My rules:

1) measure starchy carbs  and track them-net carbs between 50g and 100g 

2) no more than  one serving of nuts a day

3) sweet stuff- only desserts allowed are homemade ( which are stevia or non sugar sweetener) and a serving of dark chocolate. I will allow myself  2 free exemptions during the challenge (note-exemption applies to one serving size)

4) Eat according to my Paleo rules most of the time (yes this is non specific- I seem to do good with doing it about 90% of the time, and have a pretty good idea of the balance I need)

My punishment:

burpees 5 minutes AMRAP

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Ditto everything Elastigirl said - great idea, will be back with rules. I was planning to food journal anyway, but this will make sure I actually do it! And stick to the rules and not turn into a beach ball now I'm "in the family way", lol.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Valkyrie Assassin/Adventurer

Epic Quest

Current Challenge:

Previous Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th

Great idea. 

I was thinking of doing something along these lines as part of my challenge... but I had some variations.  1- my rule is about logging in and checkling posts too often during the day - like when I am supposed to be working (and like right now).  It's terrible.  and 2 - for my punisment I was thinking of setting up a punishment table of 6-8 fitness 'punishments'... like 10 burpees, 10 pushups, etc..  Then if any fellow rebels caught me logged in and/or posting during certain hours either they could roll to deal my punishment or I would roll for my punishment... I suppose that would depend on their inclinations and dice stash - or include a link to an online roller.  However, I would run into difficulties with time zones and display issues..  I'm assuming rebels across the globe are seeing time stamps in their own time zone so I couldnt address that.   Of course there is always the honor system but I've been telling myself to stay focused (on work, not NF) and that hasn't worked so far.. 

yeah... part of it is mostly honor system... because we wouldn't know what time it is for you (for one) and for two... my mom always told me that the hardest part of being a grownup is having to make yourself follow the rules :)

I would LOVE to be a place where you can talk about your frustrations and help keep ya in line (like ask ya if you followed your rules and whatnot) and I would definitely help you pick from a table if you said "oops I didn't follow my rules guys roll for me!!"... but it has to become an intrinsic discipline... also... I am USUALLY on the forums on my phone... so I don't have the same functionality of seeing people logged in and what not... smart phones are awesome :) but not as good as computers :D  

Great plan. I've been slacking on my nutrition lately. This will help get it back in line. I'll come back and edit when I have my rules .

WOOT! 

Ditto everything Elastigirl said - great idea, will be back with rules. I was planning to food journal anyway, but this will make sure I actually do it! And stick to the rules and not turn into a beach ball now I'm "in the family way", lol.

CLED!!! family way?! when are you do?? I am so excite for you!!

let's make us some rules and have us a baby!!

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Cledbo's rules for feeding self and baby:

• Low-histamine, mostly primal foods
  • Max 2 meals or 4 smaller 'less good' choices per week
  • No bread!!
  • No sweet snacks or ice cream - eat fruit instead
  • Take all the supplements

Discipline for disobeying the rules: (still working on this, might change it)

• Give $5 per slip up to  a charity, like alienjenn

OR

• Not allowed to do something I want to do (which isn't beneficial to my health) on that same day - watching TV, going to movies, playing Clash of Clans, etc.

Epic Quest

Current Challenge:

Right I'm already off the wagon, had bread yesterday AND today (damn soup just wasn't enough on its own...) So that's two slips I owe already. I think my first discipline will be no coffee tomorrow, because strictly speaking I should be cutting down the caffeine anyway. Second one? Need to pick a charity I think.

I've had one of my allowed four "less good" choices already too, in the form of after dinner cheese.

Must.buy.more.vegetables.and.eat.them

All spelling mistakes are auto correct's fault, especially the dirty ones. Sent from Tapatalk.

Epic Quest

Current Challenge:

I didn't get a chance to be online last night at work. ... I was good Monday. .

Girl. ... buy veggies. .. they LOVE you

• Like 1

Spoiler

so... monday night at work I had a protein drink... now... it's one of the "no sugar added" odwalla drinks... but the REASON I had it was because I wanted chocolate...

so I realized that violated the SPIRIT of my law rather than the letter of the law... so I have redefined myself... that counts in a sweet in my book... I am going to make an allowance for monday because I hadn't actually said no odwalla chocolate drink... but in thinking about it I NEED to say that...

so... from now on it's against the rules...

Spoiler

Had pizza. That's all my free passes goooone for this week - any more and I will owe more things.

Didn't have coffee today as penance for eating bread roll. Will pick my charity by the weekend, and pay up my first $5 for the other bread thing.

Damn you bread!

Cledbo, out :)

Epic Quest

Current Challenge:

Bread is evil

I'm going to be at nf camp this weekend

Stay strong

Spoiler

Trying something new instead of my usual just don't have desserts, I said I could have homemade desserts. That way when I had a craving, I could make it Paleo/less sugar. So last night I made coconut milk ice cream with just a Tablespoon of honey and stevia packet for sweetening. So good. Hoping that doing this helps with willpower to say no to other stuff.

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Sometimes I make baked "pie" (essentially chopped apples and spices) that's more fabulous than any pie in a crust I've ever had. ... I'll u update the op when I'm back from camp

Spoiler

Sometimes I make baked "pie" (essentially chopped apples and spices) that's more fabulous than any pie in a crust I've ever had. ... I'll u update the op when I'm back from camp

I do this too, nice fall treat. Can't wait to hear how awesome camp was.

I said no to chocolate truffles today. :) I didn't want to have to do burpees on only my third day. 

Me too can't wait to hear how awesome the inaugural gathering of nerds was, yay!

Today was much better food wise, getting closer to hitting my protein percentage note that I've worked out how to make my protein shake not taste disgusting (plant based protein powder is pretty gross, I gotta tell ya)

I'm going to treat myself to a home made dessert this weekend - paleo ice cream with blueberries and cashew nut butter. Because I'm not trying to lose weight, I'm happy this is in the rules (which are morphing in my head a bit, might need to write them down irl) because I have to go to a bit more effort than picking a box up out of the supermarket freezer, plus the lack of less good ingredients :) tally ho, what what

• Like 1

Epic Quest

Current Challenge:

Friday evening I had two pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I'm allowed 3 free passes, so now I'm down to two. However, I think I went over on carbs. Little bit hard to tell, since I ate at a friends house, but I was right at 100 grams or over. I decided I'll go ahead and do my burpees, just in case I was over, after all, even though I hate them, they are good for you. Tomorrow's workout finisher 5 minute AMRAP burpees.

GUYS after leaving the emergency room (was there for almost five hours) then going home and getting boys to shop Sikh with me so I could ride in the cart and whatever. ... I decided hell with it I've had one meal ask day. .. And I was going to have it and then SUGAR HIGH... And drugs and sleep. ...

And fully prepared to do my discipline

Got home realized I'd put the chocolate thing away.... I had a tiny bit of dried apricot for sweet when I got home (vicodin sometimes. ... you know. ....)

So I'm calling it a win and not doing discipline because I didn't chocolate. ... And I'm really wanting one

• Like 1

Spoiler

I made apple crisp for dessert tonight. Realized that probably that since its almond flour, I most likely will have more than one serving of nuts. Sigh, guess I'll be doing burpees. Though instead of AMRAP, I think I'll say do 25 (which is more than my AMRAP) because I did them with lousy form that way, and I don't want to injure myself.

Ok, redid the numbers and I think I didn't cheat after all. No burpees! :) 

Still haven't paid my discipline, and I owe some more for the sheer volume of sweets and snacks I ate at game night. Turns out accountability might not be as big a motivator for me as I thought. I did remember to ask for no toast with my delicious huevos rancheros this morning at the cafe (I love my day off so much), but it's such a conceptual exercise for me - my weight will go up not down, and I don't have any major food digestive issues apart from lots of bread, so it can be hard to say no to caramel popcorn!

This week is generally going find though so I'm happy I'm on track atm, and myfitnesspal generally agrees too

All spelling mistakes are auto correct's fault, especially the dirty ones. Sent from Tapatalk.

Epic Quest

Current Challenge:

dude.,... PAY YO DISCIPLINE!!!

so... yesterday night at work I had a cup of hot chocolate... which TECHNICALLY violates my parameters for allowable sweets... I am making an exception though because I missed a meal (work was SUPER busy) and it was only one cup... and I didn't go insane with it... and I didn't drink it because it was chocolate... I drank it because I wasn't going to be able to go and get food and I needed some calories... I think the exception is ok... but I am going to work really hard to not give it to myself very often.... 

Spoiler

you can TOTALLY join us!!! 

a burpee (aka hell)  is this

that's my favorite training video for them

but I am doing this variation because I can't do 30 pushups (training for a spartan race and burpee is the punishment for failing an obstacle... )

Spoiler

so how is this week going girls>???

Spoiler