[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

So this is just a quick post to see if anyones ready to revive this thing. So close to the end now might as well finish it right?

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I'm here and eager!

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Ok even if it's just us three we will make do!

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Ok im going to get this rolling right now with an elaborite narrative. I think we will keep it to a more role play decision based thing to make it a little more accessible. If you guys know of anyone interested in joining in I can write in 2-3 new characters. Regardless HERE WE GO.

• Like 1

What exactly is sealed? Is there any way back to the fountain so the rest of us can gain these powers?

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

What exactly is sealed? Is there any way back to the fountain so the rest of us can gain these powers?

You may return to the fountain now that the room with the fire is sealed. If you do choose to do so you can go back and return in a relatively short time.So you can write out the trip and return yourself.

You may return to the fountain now that the room with the fire is sealed. If you do choose to do so you can go back and return in a relatively short time.So you can write out the trip and return yourself.

I'm getting confused, can we get a map again? If it's a bunch of trouble, don't worry about it.

500 / 330 / 625

I will post this here and there. You are currently at the room with the water. The map shows every door you have discovered and path. In very limited detail due to time constraints. The room with the fountain should be obvious. The area that leads to nowhere is where you entered the dungeon. The room to the north is where the goblins are. 

The first room to the south is the fire trap room, to the right of that where you ran into the spiders. Then where you are now. Its not really to scale as I made it super quick. Hopefully this helps, if you want I can make a better one later. I didnt save the previous maps...

Hope this helps!

map28x18.jpg

• Like 1

This helps a ton. Thanks.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625

I have posted the next part. Feel free to take your time responding. I will be posting on the roleplay thread to see if anyone wants to drop in.

I wont say Bacon is gone, or the others. But if the other actual people dont return I would rather give the newer players the option to choose their role. If no one is interested in joining so late in the adventure we will complete it just the three of us. Then we can start preparing for a new adventure based on the findings from this thread if anyones interested. 

*cough*

Gainsdalf may have posted in my challenge thread that there are openings here.  I'm not super familiar with Pathfinder, but as everything is available online, that's not a huge obstacle.  

I haven't yet finished reading through the story thread, but am working my way through it today.  What kind of character role would be preferable for a new character that's found alone in a dungeon?  

Half-Giant Monk

current challenge

"Promote yourself, but do not demote another." Yisroel Salanter

after your done reading the story you can tell me how you'd like to appear in a pm amd I'll see if I can make it work.

Within reason of course.

Also don't stress too much about making the character sheet before writing yourself in.

I wont say Bacon is gone

54964866.jpg

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

If your interestd in joining in please post something by thursday, either writing yourself in or progress. Some notes.

Bronan can continue to move the rocks if he wishes.

For Raiders eyes only!

If you are interested in re-joining the adventure (which I hope you will) I trust you to write your own daring escape from the beast. It is a reefclaw (so like a big crab/lobster like thing.)

The room it dragged you into has a secret ladder leading to the room with all the goblins, or you can try to go back through the water to get to the others.

I want to get this rolling along as we are so close to done!

• Like 1

Gar...  So, I had the best of intentions, but there's been a whole mess of RL stuff that's making it hard for me to get my head in game mode.  I appreciate Gainsdalf reaching out and your welcome to have me on board, but I don't want to get started unless I can give it the commitment it deserves.

Half-Giant Monk

current challenge

"Promote yourself, but do not demote another." Yisroel Salanter

Gar...  So, I had the best of intentions, but there's been a whole mess of RL stuff that's making it hard for me to get my head in game mode.  I appreciate Gainsdalf reaching out and your welcome to have me on board, but I don't want to get started unless I can give it the commitment it deserves.

If that is how you feel I understand. The rest of the adventure is pretty much light narritive (gonna try the narritive approach anyways). So if the making a character thing was what was holding you back thats not an issue.

I understand real life getting in the way. I had to take a month or so break due to real life stuff. If you can't make it this time maybe next time!

As far as the story is concerned. You guys are free to regroup/gather yourselves to decide what you plan to do next. Once you guys get a destination in mind ill continue. Just some stuff to remember.

• The goblins are all now gathered together in that room. You have freed the leaders brother, and he has agreed to help you fight the dragon.
  • The dragon hides in the vault, the goblins know how to get there.
  • THis is more of a question but I believe that Bronan has the sword now? Bacon did NOT get the chance to grab it before getting snatched.
  • Like 1

• THis is more of a question but I believe that Bronan has the sword now? Bacon did NOT get the chance to grab it before getting snatched.

Oh great, now I'm thinking Olympic Gnomelifting. Thanks for the mental image, cn3wton

• Like 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

Yep, Bronan has it and his hoping the monster in going to pop back out of the lake so he can whack him with it.

500 / 330 / 625

I have posted the next part. I figured that it was a good enough time to bring you guys back together. 

I tried to bring the group together in an interesting way, I hope I didn't overstep and dictate what occured too much.

Tell me what you guys think!

I like it, don't think you've pushed it too far. Waiting for Flo or Bronan to post something before I do anything

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Right on! Time to search through the treasures! Bronan needs some armor me thinks...

500 / 330 / 625

So for this adventure I have thus far limited the loot you gain to specific items that aid you in your journey. There hasn't been many loot chests and changing of equipment, in an attempt to keep it simple.

Do you guys want loot chests with random or pre determined loot? Do you want to have to level your character aND change their equipment, or would you prefer to keep a simpler more narrative approach?

Either way is fine with me, I just want to give everyone what they are looking for. Within reason of course