[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

Easter and moving has me quite busy, but I can keep up. If we have to slow it down for everyone to catch up, so be it. Either way I won't complain

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

The next part of the story is up. This is a "horde" battle. Or something like that. 

Basically theres more enemies than you could possibly ever kill. Meaning you are just buying time for Bronan. I was originally going to wait for you to post your plans, but honestly I think you can do this one on your own. I'll provide a certain amount of guidelines.

• If you use a spell it does count towards your limit.
  • Don't overpower yourself
  • If you choose to take damage (which I hope some of you write in something like that) it would make it more interesting but it not necessary.
  • The group is so large that you cannot target the robed figure or the archers.
  • Bronan cannot fight or stray from the path.
  • The post ends with bronan placing the burden on the final set of statues.

If you have any other questions let me know. This should allow us to catch up, so please have this post done by tuesday morning. I trust you all enough to know that you can make this interesting and fun!

Oh also the zombies are pretty weak, 1 good blow will kill them. And lets say it will take about 8-10 turns for bronan to reach to door.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I'm a little worried about making the same mistake as last time, I presumed that Daze would work on the skeletons. Would Elora have a feeling one way or another as to whether using her bardic performance will or will not work on these undead?

My understanding of the place we are in is that there is no cover, not choke points, just a big open ground that a horde is crossing to get to use before getting to Bronan, is that right?

Would Elora have a feeling as to whether these undead would be resistant to arrows like the skeletons (assuming not but just asking).

Assuming she thinks the performance will work and assuming no one shouts a brilliant plan, I think she will edge away from the hordes line of attack in a perpendicular direction while firing arrows. The rationale being that when they clash with her new friends she can use Fascinate to give Bronan for time. She realizes that this will bring a crushing wave of undead her direction but she trusts that her friends will think of something.

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

Arrows will prove effective. They are still mindless creatures however.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I take that as, "don't bother with bard skills".

She'll draw a her bow, drop as many arrows into undeads as possible. use her staff if they close. She'll watch this unknown group of heroes and look to see who can step up and fill the Bronan shaped gap. If they need it she may try to use bardic inspiration to support them.

Sounds good you can wait to post until others do if you want, or you can now.

I had already started creating this story (it's actually an adaptation of one I did before) and I hadn't thought about the whole issue with mindless creatures and such. I promise some real thinking enemits in the near future.

Ok cool. I'll admit I'm kinda struggling thinking of enough content for everyone to explore/discover. But I'm trying!

This feels like one of those videogame situations where you have to survive for X amount of time, which is wonderful the way it's been put into the story and an interesting tactical case. Also, considering how the last few combat encounters went, it's an interesting (and legit, fair) way to keep Bronan out of the battle and give everyone else a chance to shine in his absence. Brilliant, just brilliant stuff, cn3wton.

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

Ok cool. I'll admit I'm kinda struggling thinking of enough content for everyone to explore/discover. But I'm trying!

no sweat dude. I like this stuff so I'm good to play on. Worst case, the bard gets nuked and an avenging monk comes in and hands out cans of whoop ass all around.

This feels like one of those videogame situations where you have to survive for X amount of time, which is wonderful the way it's been put into the story and an interesting tactical case. Also, considering how the last few combat encounters went, it's an interesting (and legit, fair) way to keep Bronan out of the battle and give everyone else a chance to shine in his absence. Brilliant, just brilliant stuff, cn3wton.

I'm imagining 8 bit sound and everything.

Thanks guys. Yea my experience in pathfinder has been that with early levels barbarians and warriors easily wreck in battle, and that it takes quite a few levels for spellcasters to really catch up.

Im glad you like this scenario, and I've really enjoyed your posts so far!

Thanks guys. Yea my experience in pathfinder has been that with early levels barbarians and warriors easily wreck in battle, and that it takes quite a few levels for spellcasters to really catch up.

Im glad you like this scenario, and I've really enjoyed your posts so far!

Same. The spellcasters start as support for the sword swingers, but by the mid levels, it's reverese and the sword swinger's main job is to keep the enemy off the spellcasters.

• Like 2

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Aww crud, meant to upload my actions last night after working out. I don't have the full character sheet in front of me so I will use what I posted to get something together. I plan to have it up sometime around lunch time.

Edit: Aww sweet! Love how I felt the need to post literally everything on my character! One thing I did forget about is my familiar [Order of the Stick with V's raven is what I imagine happening].

8-10 turns definitely seems like a lot;

Initial plan

1 - Mage armor, wade into melee range

2- Turn Undead, Move to another group

3- Turn Undead, Move to another group

4- Turn Undead, Move to another group/retreat to better position with Flo, Bacon, and Elora

5- Crossbow if out of Melee, Turn Undead if surrounded, Quaterstaff if 3 or less zombies around

rinse repeat for remaining.

I imagine Thurindor will be pretty useless after this fight from wounds as well as just exhaustion from back to back spell casting [book nerd never did learn to battle against hordes of enemies at a time, training was usually one target with plenty of rest in between.

Half-elven Ranger

Current Challenge: Jumpin' back in the fray

It's 10 am right now. I plan on posting the next part in about 8 hours after my mobility class so that should give the remaining folks time to post.

I'll post up at lunch.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Aww crud, meant to upload my actions last night after working out. I don't have the full character sheet in front of me so I will use what I posted to get something together. I plan to have it up sometime around lunch time.

Edit: Aww sweet! Love how I felt the need to post literally everything on my character! One thing I did forget about is my familiar [Order of the Stick with V's raven is what I imagine happening].

8-10 turns definitely seems like a lot;

Initial plan

1 - Mage armor, wade into melee range

2- Turn Undead, Move to another group

3- Turn Undead, Move to another group

4- Turn Undead, Move to another group/retreat to better position with Flo, Bacon, and Elora

5- Crossbow if out of Melee, Turn Undead if surrounded, Quaterstaff if 3 or less zombies around

rinse repeat for remaining.

I imagine Thurindor will be pretty useless after this fight from wounds as well as just exhaustion from back to back spell casting [book nerd never did learn to battle against hordes of enemies at a time, training was usually one target with plenty of rest in between.

Hey.

You can write this out in story form and post it on the game thread. We got a free-for-all chance to write out the battle. Have fun with it!

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Yes as mentioned previously no need to post intent, you can craft your own post this time!

Just a reminder I will be posting the next part of the story in 1-3 hours!

Next part of the story is up. Please let me know your actions asap. This is a non combat scenario, so as soon as I get them you can craft your post.

As you can see there is an extra post I have saved before this for bronans story. I will do this for everybody if they can't post before I do. That way I can keep the story moving.

As I have said before life, family, etc is far more important. And by no means do I want you to feel like "Oh crap I gotta get my post done...". The oppossite in fact. I want you to take the time and enjoy crafting your post. 

Look forward to hearing what you guys think!

• Like 1

Flo will:

count her arrows and make sure her bow is in good shape, cleaning it off as she can

take a slug or four of water and grab a jerky from her sack to munch on

search the walls and floors for traps and doors as she can

talk out loud to the others about the mural and who's making this all happen and what they may be asked to do to complete the journey 

try to catch some of the fogginess in her hands to see if it's real or illusion

definitely be shocked and act with reverence to the fountain

check for traps around, on, and in the fountain before searching the bodies for clues and treasure

toss a coin in if it feels right

keep an eye out for any movement in the mural that might signal that the figures in the mural are noticing the party in the present moment (or somebody is watching us through the mural)

check the door for traps and if it is locked

will definitely want to go in

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Flo will:

count her arrows and make sure her bow is in good shape, cleaning it off as she can

take a slug or four of water and grab a jerky from her sack to munch on

search the walls and floors for traps and doors as she can

talk out loud to the others about the mural and who's making this all happen and what they may be asked to do to complete the journey 

try to catch some of the fogginess in her hands to see if it's real or illusion

definitely be shocked and act with reverence to the fountain

check for traps around, on, and in the fountain before searching the bodies for clues and treasure

toss a coin in if it feels right

keep an eye out for any movement in the mural that might signal that the figures in the mural are noticing the party in the present moment (or somebody is watching us through the mural)

check the door for traps and if it is locked

will definitely want to go in

(Ill trust you to determine arrow count), it is safe to eat. No traps in sight. You do not believe the vision to be an illusion. The corpses seem to be from villagers, their chest has a deep wound. You don't feel that tossing a coin into the fountain would do any good, it has been destroyed/defiled. You do not feel that the mural poses any threat. The door is not locked.

• Like 1

Thanks, hopefully I can get it up today. Last 3 weeks of my grad course and it's getting busy and taking my free time during lunch.

500 / 330 / 625

Do you want me to just edit your post myself since I have those powers?

500 / 330 / 625

Do you want me to just edit your post myself since I have those powers?

Now your just showing off! Lol feel free to do so sir! That would make it easier for sure.

• Like 1

Gainsdalf as always your post did not dissapoint.

I look forward to reading everyones. You are all free to interpret the mural as you want, though I will not confirm or deny if it is correcT. I will say however that people with knowledge about stories and such may recieve clues about the true meaning of it all. If that's something they want to try.