[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

I'm liking the RP here. My post will be up later tonight.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Sorry it took so long to get up. I had to alter some ideas and things. I hope its still ok but I wanted to get it done so we could keep going.

You can interact with any point of the story and share thoughts/questions with anyone around. You can do anything you want after the end of the parade as well.

Your times to arrive for your visit are staggered. Starting at 5 it goes Bacon, Flo, Bronan. So your post should be what you do from the morning until you choose to arrive at the castle and what you guys plan to do once there.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

@cn3wton :: questions

would anyone be down in the tavern an hour or two before the false dawn?

If there are servants available to help, she would ask for some bread and cheese and wine.

if there is no one, can Flo find a bottle of wine?

is there decent water left in the bathing tub (cold is fine)?

can I assume there are embers in the fireplace, albeit not many?

How much light is available from outside? Is the moon out or are there some street lanterns lit at this hour?

Are the tavern doors locked to the outside?

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Just in case, I'd like to let you know that Bacon is troubled by the latest events and will be casting Keep Watch on himself. The spell allows the target to stay awake and do his guard shift while gaining all the benefits of a full rest (restored hit points, spells etc). From Teri's questions I'm guessing she might want to do something at night or just before dawn, so Bacon would take notice. Putting it up in advance before posting my RP to let Teri know that it might complicate things, maybe we gotta talk our actions out before making our posts.

Thanks

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (7)Fitness (2)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

@cn3wton :: questions

would anyone be down in the tavern an hour or two before the false dawn?

If there are servants available to help, she would ask for some bread and cheese and wine.

if there is no one, can Flo find a bottle of wine?

is there decent water left in the bathing tub (cold is fine)?

can I assume there are embers in the fireplace, albeit not many?

How much light is available from outside? Is the moon out or are there some street lanterns lit at this hour?

Are the tavern doors locked to the outside?

Nobody is around but you can find the wone. No water in the tub. Door I'd not locked and there is moonlight.

• Like 1

Bronan doesn't like the individual appointments stuff as he doesn't trust these guys and would likely insist they all just go together. What would the other character's responses be?

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Wait, we get individual appointments at seperate times? Getting to meet whoever we meet on our own? Hadn't figured that part out. If that's the case, Bacon will agree with Bronan. His solo time with Claire didn't go that great and in all the illusion and confusion going around, the only thing he trusts is his two friends

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (7)Fitness (2)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

Flo will do it the way the others want it, but doesn't care one way or the other.

PS this is getting really interesting as a player.

I hope you didn't change the story around b/c Flo was pissy. If I want something as a player, I'll ask you directly. I'm playing her as the 'possessive of the guys' and angry elf she has become! lol If you didn't change it for Flo, you may of course disregard this entire paragraph of over the table talk. Thanks! haha

• Like 2

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Flo will do it the way the other want it, but doesn't care one way or the other.

PS this is getting really interesting as a player.

I hope you didn't change the story around b/c Flo was pissy. If I want something as a player, I'll ask you directly. I'm playing her as the 'possessive of the guys' and angry elf she has become! lol If you didn't change it for Flo, you may of course disregard this entire paragraph of over the table talk. Thanks! haha

Well I'll be a little transparent here. The woman was going to try to speak to you alone. Since everyone stayed together I had to change it. As I did not expect you to go visit with some mysterious stranger on your own willingly.

She was my attempt to give your character a dialogue like bacon and Bronan had. I set it up that way to reflect the darker side of flo. Kind of secretive and such.

But it's no problem, I think it shows an interesting development of your chatacter.

• Like 2

I thought I would cut up my posts throughout the day so we can interact some with each other. I know Bacon is up so I wrote that into my first post. So now Bacon can play with whatever he likes with that interaction or not.

The Way

Better Now than Later On

I love that you caught the indecision in her. Nicely played!

PS I told my bestie about your name (well about all of this) and she loves your name. So be careful out there, she may be lurking and hungry. Her words not mine!

I also got a chuckle out of the 'be care out there' as I just quoted the Sgt from Hill Street Blues that said that at the end of every morning briefing.

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Later On

I'm ready to head to the balcony. Does anyone want to do something before that? If not, I'm ready to post up until we get the invite to meet at the podium. Not sure if either of you wanted to disagree right then, when we find out our meetings are separate, so I will write up to the invite but not after.

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Not really. I'll be a little slow to respond these days, with the referendum and plans to be made depending on the result. Go ahead and I'll try to keep up

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

No, I'm good to go, post away. I would do something small, but I'm dragging right now and that won't be changing this week.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Just lack of sleep, getting ready for the baby's first birthday party on Saturday is having us up past 11 every night. Almost ready though.

500 / 330 / 625

Congrats Gainz. Take your time and enjoy the little one's b-day

I've kinda lost my train of thought and momentum with all the travelling and recent political events round here. I'll re-read the story to get back in the mood. Flo is back from her night venture, who's supposed to post what now?

522b6c04e691b209f948b81f_736.jpg

Lvl 60 Multitasker

It can be anyone. I am going to post tonight.

Is there anything you want us to do specifically before we get our separate invites? I was gonna wander the new areas popping up after the parade, but if you'd rather talk more, or perhaps we might want to stay together for most of our free time so we can talk about what we can and cannot expect before that, let me know. Flo will want some alone time, but it doesn't have to be a lot.

Cheers

I think this is the trickier part of play by post. There's so much we could just discuss at the table while our characters are together. But here it may bog it down too much.

I'm stranded on tapatalk until tonight.

The Way

Better Now than Later On

I'll add more to the story if you guys want to wander during the parade. I'll progress the story when you guys arrive at the gates of the castle for the meeting.

Sounds like we've exchanged whatever information we had so far. No sense in discussing any plan or reaction, since we don't know what will happen. Just go ahead and post it, we'll improvise depending on what happens and once we meet up again, we can toss updates around

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

After Flo's response to Hon'ga, I'm tempted to have Bacon just shrug and be like "Yeah, what she said" but it feels so comical that it would relieve the tension and ruin her intimidation attempt. I'll post once I've come up with something better

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker