[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

On 7/15/2017 at 5:08 PM, cn3wton said:

Quick question. Would we have witnessed the people being brought back to life?

If so Henry would probably ensure the boy us fine then try to go find the boys father.

Yes, when the threads fall there will be two in the street near you that will rise and head to the fighting, taking weapons from the immediate vicinity. Connor is not touched by any threads so he will not awaken (he's not completely dead anyway). If you still wish to look for his father that is fine.

If you want to stay hidden along the way - make 3 stealth checks

If you take Albus, I'll roll for encounters.

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

On 7/22/2017 at 11:06 AM, Laghail said:

Why is Tvar making a fort check when he enters the hut? Fort = 25 (6 bonus + 19 roll). 

When you enter the hut, you are able to withstand the sickness that comes over you. There is something very unnatural in the hut. The old woman steps next to you and comforts you. She will say something to the effect that, "It will be over soon. It must come out of the ground and be in the light and air of the world."

You can write it up however you like.

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Hey everyone! Looks like my gaming course mirrors that of my character B) So the new job feels pretty chill and I should be able to keep up with the game. With more people dropping out of the game, I gotta say it's sad but it also makes things more manageable. I'll go and try to catch up with the story, see where Bacon might fit in again. Cheers!

• Like 3

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

10 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Hey everyone! Looks like my gaming course mirrors that of my character B) So the new job feels pretty chill and I should be able to keep up with the game. With more people dropping out of the game, I gotta say it's sad but it also makes things more manageable. I'll go and try to catch up with the story, see where Bacon might fit in again. Cheers!

Sweet!

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Hey all I'll try to get my post up today even if it's just from my phone. Cable guy should have fixed everything today so I'll know when I get home!

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I love the puma's reaction!

Can I get quick responses for this, please? Thanks. This and the next OOC will determine the next Journey postings.

Tvar, the young boy who asked you for help is trying to get your attention (silently to be sure). He looks to you and then to the boy on the table. He is very worried.

The body of the boy (Connor) is laying on the first table and, although no longer seemingly bleeding, is still quite unconscious. His clothes (if truly seen through the muck and blood, look to be that of a stable hand or at least something more oriented toward town than a farm.

Tvar roll Perception and Knowledge (religion) (add 2 to your knowledge roll)

So, inside the hut, you can help dig. It's almost at the right spot. As you do the praying women start to chant. It seems obvious that it is a protection for the new people in the hut, especially the diggers. One of the three women praying starts chanting, but not in the same language, but that of gnomish. Quavyn roll Perception. And another Sense Motive (add 1 to Sense roll).

I'll get to Henry and Bacon in the next OOC post.

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Perception check: 12 (roll of 4, total modifier of 8)

Knowledge (religion) check: 21 (roll of 18, int mod of 1, and bonus of 2)

Spell casting: Stabilize (orison) - stabilizes a dying creature

Spell casting: cure light wounds (level 1 spell) for 11 healing (roll of 8 + 3)

Spell casting: repair (orison) - minor repairs

• Like 1

Level 38 [TBD]

On 7/26/2017 at 7:05 PM, Laghail said:

Perception check: 12 (roll of 4, total modifier of 8)

Knowledge (religion) check: 21 (roll of 18, int mod of 1, and bonus of 2)

Spell casting: Stabilize (orison) - stabilizes a dying creature

Spell casting: cure light wounds (level 1 spell) for 11 healing (roll of 8 + 3)

Spell casting: repair (orison) - minor repairs

Perception: he has a tattoo on his chest

Knowledge:  the tattoo looks like: A tome – opened with wind flipping the pages. The way the wind is depicted is EXACTLY like your God's Wind is in old texts that you saw as a kid.

You will realize you don't need stabilize so you still have that for the day.

Cure light wounds brings him back to full health

Repair - fixes his clothes

The other boy is overjoyed and the two hug and talk (faster than adults can usually follow) about everything that's happened to them since they last were together. That being about a week!

The old woman appreciates your effort and hands you a small object (your choice). It will do CLW 5 times before becoming a soft glowing rock (1/2 torch brightness) indefinitely.

Near the end of your post, the digging will be completed by at least the warrior woman. The old woman will ask Quavyn: "Will you, Knower of Chaos, take on the beginnings of a long quest? For the good of the realm?"

The Way

Better Now than Later On

On 7/26/2017 at 8:12 PM, Terinatum said:

You will realize you don't need stabilize so you still have that for the day.

Stabilize is an orison, unlimited uses. Throw em around like candy.

GIF

On 7/26/2017 at 8:12 PM, Terinatum said:

The old woman appreciates your effort and hands you a small object (your choice). It will do CLW 5 times before becoming a soft glowing rock (1/2 torch brightness) indefinitely.

Near the end of your post, the digging will be completed by at least the warrior woman. The old woman will ask Quavyn: "Will you, Knower of Chaos, take on the beginnings of a long quest? For the good of the realm?"

Woot sweet loot!

• Like 1

Level 38 [TBD]

26 minutes ago, Laghail said:

Stabilize is an orison, unlimited uses. Throw em around like candy.

My thinking: Not sure a druid would use what he doesn't need to, even if he can. Your choice, no judgment from me. 

The Way

Better Now than Later On

On 7/27/2017 at 5:37 AM, Terinatum said:

One of the three women praying starts chanting, but not in the same language, but that of gnomish. Quavyn roll Perception. And another Sense Motive (add 1 to Sense roll).

Somehow I missed this...

Perception: 23 (12 + 11)

Sense Motive:  15 (4 + 10 + 1)

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Somehow I missed this...

Perception: 23 (12 + 11)

Sense Motive:  15 (4 + 10 + 1)

Trickled into the chanting, you hear "My Dear Whisper Gnome, may the Lords of the Golden Hills protect you and keep you. I hold you close to my heart from today to forevermore."

Soon after, you feel a bit rushed, but not sure if it's a real threat coming or just being in the city again. 

The Way

Better Now than Later On

This may be written up as you like.

Tvar will be asked to stop digging by the warrior woman and the young nephew with the big clothes will usher you to the side of the hut where the table of food is. He indicates Tvar and the puma should eat now, and drink lots of water.

The warrior woman steps down into the hole and disappears. When she comes back up she is gingerly holding something in her arms. She looks to the old woman and then to Quavyn, waiting...

After Quavyn hears the message in the chant, he is certain they are speaking of him, whether he's a Whisper Gnome or not (your choice, btw). The old woman takes the item from the warrior woman and steps close to Quavyn. "Only you are strong enough to get this clear of the city and away from prying eyes. They won't track a chaos-maker, believing they could not control the power of this... She wipes away dirt and a rotten smell fills the room. "I beg to differ. I sensed your power earlier and have tracked you since. We need you. This realm needs you. The balance is no more. Evil is taking too much ground, and this is why. It shouldn't be here. She beckons Tvar closer and shoos away the boys wanting to be close to Tvar. She holds a piece of stone with writing etched on it. It is easily the size of the gnome's chest and half as thick.

* it is much lighter than expected if Q takes it

First Piece.jpg

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Sorry for the delay! I ended up having to post through my phone, but it's up there!

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Quavyn will try to be as convincing as he can to get the woman to believe his intentions are true.  He will also appraise the slab to try and get a sense of its value.

Bluff: 22 (15 + 7)

Appraise:  11 (3 + 8)

• Like 1

Level 2 Ninja

19 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Quavyn will try to be as convincing as he can to get the woman to believe his intentions are true.  He will also appraise the slab to try and get a sense of its value.

Bluff: 22 (15 + 7)

Appraise:  11 (3 + 8)

Your bluff seems good. The stone doesn't seem to have a monetary value, but that doesn't mean someone isn't interested in it for other reasons.

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Later On