New Adventurer ready to get started.

Hey all,

I'm Michael, a star wars nerd (anyone play SWTOR?) and nursing student. You would think nurses to be some of the healthiest people around... 2 years of nursing school has taught me that is not the case.  For the past 2 years I have gone from 145lbs to 210lbs. I've spent 3 months confined to the cardio machines at the gym, too afraid and intimidated to step into the weight room.  I've lost about 40 pounds already but I still feel a bit haphazard and without real discipline. I recently met a friend who was willing to help ease me into the weight room, and he also recommended Nerd Fitness!  

I really want to bulk up. I've always had problems with my chest and would love to see some real results and get some pecs.  

I also would like to develop healthier eating habits, and maybe some better cooking skills (those will go hand in hand, right?)

I definitely plan to join the 6 week challenge as well as participate on the forums.  I can't wait to get involved!

-Michael

P.S. I'm definitely flexing in these pics, but that is about 3 weeks of work in the weight room

post-32193-0-02061800-1410469822_thumb.j

post-32193-0-56176300-1410469827_thumb.j

Level 0 Human Aspiring Ranger

Str: 0 | Dex: 0 | Sta: 0 | Con: 0 | Wis: 0 | Cha: 0

*wavewave* I love SWTOR! Even my anger at Disney has not managed to squish all the fun out of SWTOR. Republic or Empire?

Better eating and better cooking totally go hand in hand! Things you make yourself tend to be better for you than things bought premade at the store, and they often taste better. You can be your own quality control, and you'll have a much bigger variety of options.

Welcome!

Level 2 Elf Assassin

Str: 4 | Dex: 5 | Sta: 3 | Con: 2 | Wis: 4 | Cha: 3

"When people called me freak, I closed my eyes and laughed, because they were blind to happiness." --hide

First challenge! Second challenge! Third challenge!

Hello fellow future healthcare provider! I am a pre-med working on my Bachelor's but before that I was a certified nursing assistant to see if I wanted to be a nurse. Nurses can be some of the coolest and most helpful people, so good for you to be working so hard to become one. With dedication like that to your fitness, I am sure you will be benchpressing patients in no time. :-) Welcome!

My body tells me no, but I want more! I. Want. More!

Current Challenge
Pavel Sneaks Back In

Level 2

Half Orc

Assassin

I played SWTOR for about 6 months when it came out.. I was a healer - type bounty hunter! Great story lines and beautiful environments... :)

Welcome and good luck with your goals! Healthier eating gets easier and almost kinda addictive because you know you're making smart choices. :)

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65