Hi there, nerdy friends!

This is such an awesome concept and I'm stoked to be here! Big props to all the admins and folks who spend so much time on the forum encouraging and engaging people; you are gems and the world needs more folks like you. 

I'm here because I'd like support in taking a structured and balanced approach to my physical and emotional health and fitness. I'm 25 years old and I think I should (and totally could) be in the best shape of my life right now! I want it all-- to be physically strong, hella flexible, full of energy (sans caffeine,) and more emotionally and spiritually at peace with myself, society, and nature. (To that end, I have always admired and wanted to be more like the wood elves... And to this end, I find myself attracted to qualities of a handful of guilds: Rangers, Druids, Assassins... Perhaps I should start with Adventurers and see what sticks? ...help?)

I truly enjoy cooking (and especially eating) healthy vegan food, and I enjoy a lot of different physical activities, but I have been allowing my self-consciousness and (to a greater degree) low energy, old habits, negative thought patterns, general inertia and laziness hold me back in recent months. I also have this compulsion to read a ton of non-fiction, mostly stuff about what's wrong with the world, which makes me feel "productive" and like I'm "learning," but also takes up a lot of my time and leaves me feeling overwhelmed and sometimes angry or depressed. I would like to make a general shift toward positivity and solutions-oriented thinking, and to allow myself more space for fun and play!

I can already rattle off plenty of things I'd like to start doing differently, but I need support, encouragement, and an accountability structure to keep me on track. :) I know that as I develop a more active lifestyle and spiritual practice and become more intentional about my nutrition, I will feel SO much better, body and soul! ...So, let's get crackin!

I am super excited to join such a supportive community, develop some structure and feasible goals, and I'm especially stoked to build some accountabilibuddyships with you fine people. :-D Shout out to my first accountabilibuddy, @TwoToneWA, for helping me get started... and for staying on my ass in real life. ;)

Lv. 0 Wood Elf

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

Challenges: #1: Restore the Balance | Accountabilibuddies: CutLasses

"...the more we know the more fantastic the world becomes 

and the profounder the surrounding darkness." -- Aldous Huxley

I am super excited to join such a supportive community, develop some structure and feasible goals, and I'm especially stoked to build some accountabilibuddyships with you fine people. :-D Shout out to my first accountabilibuddy, @TwoToneWA, for helping me get started... and for staying on my ass in real life. ;)

Damn right I'll be staying on ya! Glad to have ya in the NF community and super glad to have you as one of my Accountabilibuddies too!

-TT

Lvl 1 Rebel

“When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.† 

- Paulo Coelho

Welcome welcome!!

I hear you on the caffeine, I have (very slowly) been cutting it out of my diet... I want to be able to rely on my own energy to keep me going!  It seems like it's a long road though, but that's ok, one day at a time. :)  (And exercise TOTALLY jolts your energy up!)

Good luck, NF will TOTALLY keep you accountable!  The people here rock!

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

I think you to be a Druid but idk~ why don't you go check out their forums? Familiarise yourself?

"This message was brought to you by my fingers which were activated by the electrical signals sent from my brain through a network of nerves and ganglia".

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.