First Pole Invert without assist (and other good stuff)

I swear, all the good woot stuff hit me in the last little bit :D

So... skill-wise, here's a comparison and why this is woot-worthy. My first invert ever (August 25 2014)

And this is the invert done without assist from yesterday!  Woohoo!

When we did inverted V my instructor commented on how I didn't need too much help so I decided to test inverts on my own.  And I got it!  Wasn't really expecting the full thing with a nice roll, just like half of it. But I got it!  WOOT!

Other things to woot about that have happened recently;

• I got over a crohn's flare in 1 1/2 month (It took me 3-4 months to control the last one and then I tried a new prescription which that induced this last one)
  • I now weight about 185 lbs according to the gym's scale (down from 210 in January)
  • My pants that I bought last year (at 185lbs) are slipping down a lot
  • I got new yoga pants and guess what?  SIZE MEDIUM :D
  • I lost about 3 inches on my waist and 2 on my hips since June (The waist barely budged from April-July so this is awesome)
  • I'm almost out of debt (should be in the next few weeks)

So yea.  WOOT!

Challenges | Current |

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | MFP

OOOOOOO SPARLY!!!  - Jenyne Butterfly (Shit Pole Dancers Say)

I need more Mighty Grip.  Do you have more Mighty Grip?  - Steven Retchless (Shit Pole Dancers Say) 

Awesome! Now you've got to keep working on it to make ti look easy :)

How long have you been doing Pole? It's something I'd like to try at some point :)

That's the plan!  And for just under a month's progress, I'm pleased and looking forward to more practice :)

I started doing pole in May 2014 (at 210lbs too), my studio does a 9 week format and we have Pole Jams (basically open gym).  I'm currently at level 3 for my studio (we go 1-9 and then Advanced).  If you're thinking of trying it, look at the studios you have nearby and subscribe to their mailing list after you decide that it's the right studio for you.  They usually advertise when the next session starts ahead of time as well as teaser classes.

And once one of those start and it matches your schedule, just go for it!  Just remember that it may look easy, but it's like 10x more painful (as my own rule of thumb) and your get tons of bruises.  It's sooo much fun though.

Challenges | Current |

I need more Mighty Grip.  Do you have more Mighty Grip?  - Steven Retchless (Shit Pole Dancers Say) 

WHOA! Major woot(s)!!  

I'm super impressed with your pole videos - I'm really interested to try it I need to get my finances in order first! (I'm about to go on vacation..)  I'd also like to work on upping my upper body strength a little more so I don't go in there like a noodle. ^^;;

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

WHOA! Major woot(s)!!  

I'm super impressed with your pole videos - I'm really interested to try it I need to get my finances in order first! (I'm about to go on vacation..)  I'd also like to work on upping my upper body strength a little more so I don't go in there like a noodle. ^^;;

:D

Thanks!  Yea, having finances in order and making sure the classes (and future ones) are budgeted is pretty important, especially with any financial goals (I forgot it and my gold quest got delayed).

Honestly my upper body strenght is pretty lousy, so you'll probably be just fine after awhile when you start.  It builds up pretty quick.  After that you might be looking at extra excercises to build it up further (I know I am).

• Like 1

Challenges | Current |