+1 stamina, -1 asthma!

Woot! I'm so pumped right now!

Boring story (feel free to skip):

I've had asthma my entire life, and whilst I very, very rarely have attacks, it holds me back with running and sprinting, or even jogging, and sometimes, on bad days when the conditions are bad, walking for long distances / up-hill. But I began jogging about a year ago. At first I'd jog for about forty seconds and then walk for a few minutes - rinse, lather, repeat. After three months I switched up to running for about thirty seconds, and then walking for a few minutes, and I'd do that for twenty minutes or so. To do that, I'd take my asthma pump multiple times, both there and back - sometimes up to ten - and even walking for the majority and jogging/running in short bursts, I could only manage a mile or so...

Today, another six months on, I ran four miles straight with no stops, no slowing of my pace, and without using my asthma inhaler once!

Heck yeah!

So in this six week challenge one of my quests was to take my multi-vitamins and asthma medication every day (my brown inhaler in the morning and at night), and to work out three times a week. And its made all of the difference. Not just that, but throughout the entire run, I thought of nerd fitness and the community, and it really willed me on. I guess that in a little way, I really didn't want to let my fellow rebels down. And I'm so happy right now - this is such an achievement for me! I never, two years ago, thought I'd be able to do that.

So thanks for reading guys.

Man, I'm pumped, haha!

:D

• Like 2

Level 0 Elf

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

"It's not safe out here.

It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross;

but it's not for the timid"

Fantastic. As a fellow asthmatic, I can only applaud your resolve and tenacity at going from not running to doing 4 miles. Applause.

I have taken all knowledge to be my province.

- Sir Francis Bacon

Level 0 Human, leaning towards Assassin

"To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

- The Creed, as desribed by Ezio Auditore

BOOM! Well done

Asthmatic here too and the number 1 thing i've done to improve it has been exercise. The doctor was RUBBISH. The brown one didn't work for me, i'm on the red and white preventer that looks like, erm, a ladies device. One day i hope to be off it as i was up til 3 years ago.