Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself!  My name is Deb, I'm 27 and a software developer by trade which means that I don't move all that much during the day, except to go meet with another developer or get more coffee.  I gained a good chunk of weight in highschool and college due to depression and some stressful events and only in the last few years have I lost most of it.  I'm an avid D&D player so this site and system really appeals to me, much like one of my favorite characters, I prefer the jack-of-all-trades route because I get bored with the same routine very quickly and enjoy a variety of activities.  

Currently I've been taking up running and a little strength training, but I also go horse back riding every weekend and try to do yoga.  I think I have an okay knowledge of nutrition but I have an unhealthy obsession with British food shows that look at the way people eat and why they gain weight (channel 4 is highly entertaining).  I'm looking forward to sticking with this system and finding new ways to be active and healthy and hopefully reach my goal of running a 10k start to finish as well as taking up a martial art.

That's it for now!

• Like 2

Welcome!!

I threw a tag in your title so other folks who like to do all sorts of things can find you easier.

So, D&D huh? Me too! There are a lot of gamers here, obviously I guess. And channel 4 is really cool. I don't get to see it much as I'm in the US, but when I do, yay!

So take a look around and see what strikes your fancy. If you want to start a thread to log your activities and get feedback, create a thread in the Battle Log area. Have a great time and PM me whenever. we are here for you!

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

I think I have an okay knowledge of nutrition but I have an unhealthy obsession with British food shows that look at the way people eat and why they gain weight (channel 4 is highly entertaining)....

Gotta admit, I'm the same.  I LOVE Secret Eaters! Just can't help myself, it's drivel I know, but who cares!  Anyway, welcome on board. :D

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously