Emerging from Lurkdom

Hey all! So I've been lurking here for a bit, ho humming about joining. Not that I don't WANT to join, but committing to things is scary. (And I'm anti-social pls.) I've browsed and tried other fitness communities only to feel a bit out of place... but then I found nerdfitness, which I have to admit, seems pretty freakin' fantastic. So I've lurked, and read, and lurked some more. A couple weeks ago I started working out more and following a more keto/paleo based diet, and yesterday the thought came to me: why haven't I joined that nerdfitness site yet? So here I am, nervous, yet excited. You all seem like supportive well-informed people, so, ya know, hi!

Some quick facts about me:

- I'm a well-rounded 24 year old chick, standing at a tall 5' 4"
- Video games = <3

- My goal is to become a fit sexy beast

- Have struggled with depression/anxiety since I was a teenager, but I'm feeling better every day
- Worshiper of all things BACON

- I live in Washington State
- My dream home would be a hobbit hole in New Zealand

• Like 2

Half-Orc Babe | Peaceful Warrior | Lvl 0 | 1st Challenge | Femme Fatales

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

My weight-loss journey, since September 8 2014: SW: 256  CW: 247 GW:140

7.7%
7.7%

Ha! Awesome!

Yeah, I think you'll fit right in. What kind of things are you interested fitness wise? Do you have any goals that you're aiming towards? If you've been lurking for a while then you've probably got a handle on the guilds and challenges already, but if not I can point you in the right direction.

Damn! Now I want bacon....

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Thanks you guys! I have a couple different fitness areas I'm interested in, mainly weightlifting and yoga. (I know, pretty opposite.) And yes Guzzi, I have a few different long term fitness goals, though some of it isn't very specific haha.

1. Lose excess fat - I've been overweight my entire life. As a kid I was sick A LOT, and as a reaction to some of the meds I took, I gained 30 extra pounds. Since then, I have just never been real active, so gaining additional weight was easy, unfortunately. But I think it's time to stop that trend!

2. Gain muscle - I would LOVE to transform my body to more of a bodybuilder-esque physique. To be able to do pull ups and pushups with ease, and heck, to look sexy, would be oh so awesome.

3. Lift my own body weight - Whether it's a bench press, dead lift, or squat, being able to throw my weight around would make me feel like a beast.

4. Flexibility - Though perhaps a bit removed from my other goals, I have always wanted to do some proper splits, and be able to touch the floor when bending over (hands flat on the floor, knees not bent).

But yeah, I have other goals in mind, but those are a few off the top of my head. And thanks MLowe, yeah I've been enjoying taking walks outside while I can, haha.

• Like 2

Half-Orc Babe | Peaceful Warrior | Lvl 0 | 1st Challenge | Femme Fatales

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

My weight-loss journey, since September 8 2014: SW: 256  CW: 247 GW:140

7.7%
7.7%