Happy Dance Deadlift

SO I've been MIA for a few weeks...or months....BUT even though I fell of the NF posting wagon I have not fallen off the diet/workout regimen I started back in April. 

Anyways, yesterday I graduated to the big boy 45lb plates for deadlifts- only did 3 sets of 3 reps after my 5 rep warm up......BUT I officially deadlifted 20 lbs heavier than my bodyweight. I was SO friggin psyched I did a happy wiggle dance at the gym between sets. The pinching was almost to the point of being unbearable, but I'm hoping my teeny callouses grow and provide some kind of protection from that soon. I'll have to actually use chalk the next time and see if it helps any with the slip/pinching that was going on. 

Anyways, AHH :D :D :D 

• Like 6

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Yeah!  You can also work on hand positioning so that the bar doesn't really have room to move downwards when you pull.

• Like 1

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Bam, not an update on lifting but I'll use this as my woot thread to keep from having a bajillion topics on being excited. 

I'm a pumpkin aficionado. I LOVE pumpkin beer. Favorite thing in the world. I have candles, lip balm, body spray, body wash, vodka, liqueur,  even air spray, all pumpkin. 

So you can imagine how excited I get over pumpkin pie. And pumpkin CHEESECAKE (zomg). And then my mom sent me home with an entire pie after Thanksgiving...........

Thank god I had friends visiting. When they left I shuffled some food off with them....even parting with my beloved pie. And I'm super happy/proud of myself because of it :D 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

Ok so good news and bad news- I'm still at 155. I was able to pull it twice at the end of my 10 at 95, 8 at 115, 2 sets of 3 at 145 and then 1 set of 2 at 155. 

BUT no chalk and no straps this is the first time I could actually lift it without either. 40 lbs over body weight unassisted is feeling pretty good. I'm getting some straps for xmas (hopefully!) and think I'll be able to move up in weight with that. 

• Like 2

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG