OK you Brits make yourselves known...

hi all,

i'm in edinburgh - just moved back here after 8 years in the south (london and oxford). yeah, it's cold, but i'm originally from aberdeen, so it's not as bad as that!

Hey, me too. :)

New Yorker originally, came here for uni and stayed. Edinburgh winters are lovely compared to New York ones, so I'm not complaining either.

We should totally have a UK meetup at some point!

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

Leicester here. Moved for work. Gyms suck.

Was at Uni in Leicester for 7 years. Check out http://leicestermma.wordpress.com/ (their MMA Fitness Circuit Class is freaking brutal and they're also one of the best combat sports gyms in the country) and http://www.thewarehousegym.co.uk/ for functional strength stuff.

GoToTheGround"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time" - Leo TolstoyTwitter | My 130lb weight-loss journey in photos & words 

Was at Uni in Leicester for 7 years. Check out http://leicestermma.wordpress.com/ (their MMA Fitness Circuit Class is freaking brutal and they're also one of the best combat sports gyms in the country) and http://www.thewarehousegym.co.uk/ for functional strength stuff.

Blimey what course did you do?

Leicester Shoot seem cool but my timetable and their's is incompatible. I trained briefly at Sheffield Shoot. Also rolled at Gracie Barra Sheffield for a year before leaving, and there just isn't a gi BJJ class within 10 miles of Leicester (closest is GB Mansfield, an old friend from GB sheffield teaches there now.)

I've gotta say I'm a website snob and didn't even bother looking any further than the website of warehouse gym. Maybe I need to re-consider! I'm currently going to a local authority gym that doesn't have a power rack / squat rack, or any bar bells :(

Whatever you are, be a good one.

Blimey what course did you do?

Leicester Shoot seem cool but my timetable and their's is incompatible. I trained briefly at Sheffield Shoot. Also rolled at Gracie Barra Sheffield for a year before leaving, and there just isn't a gi BJJ class within 10 miles of Leicester (closest is GB Mansfield, an old friend from GB sheffield teaches there now.)

lol it's not David George is it?! Yeah Gi isn't big in Leicester at all but LSF is a cracking club. Couldn't go wrong with Victor Estimas place.

Studied Architecture - 3 degrees for a total of 7 years (only lived in Leicester for the first 3, remaining were on a PT basis commuting once a week).

GoToTheGround"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time" - Leo TolstoyTwitter | My 130lb weight-loss journey in photos & words 

lol it's not David George is it?! Yeah Gi isn't big in Leicester at all but LSF is a cracking club. Couldn't go wrong with Victor Estimas place.

Studied Architecture - 3 degrees for a total of 7 years (only lived in Leicester for the first 3, remaining were on a PT basis commuting once a week).

Mansfield is sadly too far away. Paul Cole (just won gold at the British Open as well I hear) is who I was referring to.

I might have to head down there in the new year, concentrating on getting fitness levels back to where they were when I was rolling 3-6x a week...

As you seem to be fairly integrated into UK MMA you probably know a good friend of mine, Ross Pettifer. Man's a beast and I can't wait for his "comeback" fight to be announced.

Whatever you are, be a good one.

though I spend most of my time in Norwich as I'm at university there.

UEA I presume? Norwich is a decent weekend out, good restaurants/shops etc.

Mansfield is sadly too far away. Paul Cole (just won gold at the British Open as well I hear) is who I was referring to.

As you seem to be fairly integrated into UK MMA you probably know a good friend of mine, Ross Pettifer. Man's a beast and I can't wait for his "comeback" fight to be announced.

Yeah he got Brown belt -70Kg gold medal. (I was refereeing that event - got bronze myself on the Sunday)

A fair few people waiting for him to fight again. I've never met him personally but I know of him, all of the MMA shows I work are in the south or out of the country. He fought on Cage Warriors (who I do the TV commentary for...and we just signed to Sky Sports!) back in the early days circa 2003 which was before I was ever in to the sport.

I'm new today! Currently living in my hometown of Lowestoft, Suffolk (the most eastly point of the UK I... and everyone else that lives in this dump, will have you know!)

Moving ASAP though, I went to Uni in Sheffield and need city life again, few options i'm not sure of as yet, but I think Manchester is winning, but might do Norwich as it's the close / safe option... maybe London just because it's London! :-p

Like the MMA talk in here as well, never done anything as i'm not in shape yet, just a long time, watch as much as humanly possible fan. I'd like to get into BJJ and was considering http://www.stealthbjj.com/ if I do make the move to Manchester.

I'm in Dundee. Don't judge me, I'm here for my PhD and am moving away again once I'm done. Originally from just outside Edinburgh. Glad to see there's a couple of other Scots here too - and now lots more rebels in the UK. (Maybe, one day, I will see someone else with NF gear and run and shout and cheer at them).