Project Tome of Heroes - WIP

Ok, when you say split it; do you mean that since I'm an assassin, everything would be recorded under body? Or did you mean something different?

Love the Legacy/Destiny category!

Haha! Ok. No multiple zippered jackets for you! I'm trying to minimalise my wardrobe as well.

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

No no no I'm building each category into a theme as if it were tailored for this manual by a master of that field for you.

Like for example!

Body would feature pictures and quotes of and pertaining gladiators, knights, ninjas,

Mind would have pictures and quotes towards wizards, sorcerers etc

Spirit would have pictures and quotes of monks in meditation, druidsetc

Destiny / Legacy. . . heckidk Indiana Jones, Luke Skywalker, your favorite protagonist?

The Tome will feel like a manual built for you to level up* written by existing heroes. That would be the best way to describe it. Your being an assassin doesn't limit you to one specific category.

*Borrowing from Steve's book :tongue:

• Like 1

You can become a Hero. 

I want to say you suck lol I just spent like the past 15-20 minutes thinking about that and I'm honestly not sure of one that's over and above my favorite.

I give you two.

Video Games I grew up with Master Chief and Sam Fisher

Mythology : Hercules

Movies : Indiana Jones

I gotta give it to Indy though I grew up watching Last Crusade almost religiously when I was little XD

What about you?

You can become a Hero. 

How about The Wizard's Athenaeum for mind? (Sounds cooler than cottage.)

Also, Monk's Temple for spirit? (Can be interpreted differently whether you prefer meditation, spiritual stuff, religious stuff, or Indiana Jones.)

Level 2 Elf Assassin

Str: 4 | Dex: 5 | Sta: 3 | Con: 2 | Wis: 4 | Cha: 3

"When people called me freak, I closed my eyes and laughed, because they were blind to happiness." --hide

First challenge! Second challenge! Third challenge!

(viciously googles Athenaeum)

Um. . . yes! Very much so yes that word is a lot nicer than college. These titles aren't set in stone but I needed something to convey my message.

Yeah that third category has been a thorn to deal with lol there's a lot of stuff that might go into it. I think I'm going to stick with the idea of 4 categories for the time being allowing the third (the mind) to function that way.

Well I'm strictly considering this in the Fantasy RPG sense and from my experience monks tend to be spiritual, introspective bordering on religious individuals (Jedis?) So that does work. I'm going to be that guy after I get off work today and bounce over to a Starbucks and robble for a while since there's a lot of reading I've done in Steve's book that I haven't implemented yet and I want to work on this. Thank you for dropping by :) Will keep you posted!

For the Rebellion!

Douglas

• Like 1

You can become a Hero. 

(Googles) Tome - Noun - a book, especially a large, heavy, scholarly one.

Thran_Tome.jpg

Basically in RPG terms it's a big book of ancient knowledge that give you points for using it. In Warcraft 3 your hero can acquire a "Tome of X" that permanently increases whatever stat X is whether it's strength, dexterity, life, what have you.

Also it's often a companion to a wizard or warlock with spells and incantations passed down through the ages.

You can become a Hero. 

(viciously googles Athenaeum)

Um. . . yes! Very much so yes that word is a lot nicer than college. These titles aren't set in stone but I needed something to convey my message.

Yeah that third category has been a thorn to deal with lol there's a lot of stuff that might go into it. I think I'm going to stick with the idea of 4 categories for the time being allowing the third (the mind) to function that way.

Well I'm strictly considering this in the Fantasy RPG sense and from my experience monks tend to be spiritual, introspective bordering on religious individuals (Jedis?) So that does work. I'm going to be that guy after I get off work today and bounce over to a Starbucks and robble for a while since there's a lot of reading I've done in Steve's book that I haven't implemented yet and I want to work on this. Thank you for dropping by :) Will keep you posted!

For the Rebellion!

Douglas

Just started reading Steve's book. So cool! How far are you in your reading?

Yay Starbucks!

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Soli Deo Gloria

Figured I laid it out pretty well that it was RPG inspired. Thanks for dropping by regardless.

I'm a bit of a slow reader and I'm slowing down even more to try to take notes on what I'm reading so it's even worse than normal. I'm on Chapter 15 at the moment.

I made some progress noting what I've already read today and brainstorming some new concepts. We'll see how it plays out. Still needs refining though.

You can become a Hero. 

Tome of Heroes: final set-up (for me)

Warrior's Barracks

*physical strength/muscle development

*martial arts (skills learned/learning)

*workout log

*diet

*health

*willpower

*pics/quotes: gladiators, knights, etc.

Athenaeum

*books read

*languages learned

*courses/classes/new skills being learned

*knowledge/philosophy

*inspiring quotes/pics

Monk's Temple

*Bible

*lectio divina

*meditation

*memory verses

*inspiring quotes/pics

Travelog

*quests

*success

*respawn

*journeys

*inspiring quotes/pics

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Soli Deo Gloria

Welllll it's been a rather poor week for doing stuff.

For whatever reason I've been just perpetually tired. I think it's a combination of the working out that's been taking away from sleep and the full moon. I never sleep well around a full moon. Probably my caveman mind :P

Anyway your layout is pretty much on point to what I was envisioning lol.

The only thing I still need to do is to construct any specific sheets for the sections and to work on the character sheet that will be at the very front of everything. If you've ever played an RPG you know what I'm referring to. If not then . I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible to allow for basic tracking. Only problem I'm running into is it seems like there's already a few concepts that do essentially the same thing such as Habitica.

Whatever I want a character sheet :P

For the Rebellion!

Douglas

You can become a Hero. 

Welllll it's been a rather poor week for doing stuff.

For whatever reason I've been just perpetually tired. I think it's a combination of the working out that's been taking away from sleep and the full moon. I never sleep well around a full moon. Probably my caveman mind :P

Anyway your layout is pretty much on point to what I was envisioning lol.

The only thing I still need to do is to construct any specific sheets for the sections and to work on the character sheet that will be at the very front of everything. If you've ever played an RPG you know what I'm referring to. If not then this will give you an idea. I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible to allow for basic tracking. Only problem I'm running into is it seems like there's already a few concepts that do essentially the same thing such as Habitica.

Whatever I want a character sheet :P

For the Rebellion!

Douglas

I don't sleep well during full moon either. I tell everyone that it's the werewolf recessive gene. ;)

A Character sheet is good. I'd want one too. :)

I'm on Habitica and not sure I like it. It's a pain to navigate and I'd like more set-up options. Or maybe I just don't think like everyone else, lol! :P

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Soli Deo Gloria

I read it's the primitive part of our caveman minds that helped to protect us from night predators that hunted during the full moon so I guess we still have some of that lol.

Well still working on it. I'm not good at structuring those things.

It took me a bit to get into it. Mostly just understanding the difference between habits and dailies but we're good now. I enjoy not complicating things I'll just end up screwing myself up. I'm just looking for a party now :)

• Like 1

You can become a Hero. 

I read it's the primitive part of our caveman minds that helped to protect us from night predators that hunted during the full moon so I guess we still have some of that lol.

Well still working on it. I'm not good at structuring those things.

It took me a bit to get into it. Mostly just understanding the difference between habits and dailies but we're good now. I enjoy not complicating things I'll just end up screwing myself up. I'm just looking for a party now :)

I just got a scroll and was wondering who to quest with. How do you do the party thing...

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Soli Deo Gloria