It all started with a girl...

It was the first day of school and at 16, I was indifferent and apathetic towards my education, there was very little that could motivate me to do anything. In my mind Junior year was going to be the same as freshman and sophomore year and that was ok by me, I could not wait to graduate and be on with my life.

I don’t remember what the first two classes were but they're not important to the story, the one that matter was third period creative writing class. I was one of the first to get to the class along with who would become one of my best friends in what was left of highschool. We chatted for a little bit wile the teacher began to set up, It was then when she walked in the room, beautifully defiant with a smile that lit me up on the inside. I'm not sure if that is when I fell for her or when we we became friends but I knew that she was going to change my world.

Over the next couple of months we became friends. We would mutually share our teenage angst with each other and spend most of the school day together. Long story short I asked her to be my girl friend on December 14 of that year and I felt like I was born to be with her. Our relationship was perfect, we enjoyed being with each other and everyone could tell we loved each other, as only teenagers can love.

But as all good things come to and end so would our relationship, from what felt like an over night change we broke up and I was devastated. I started drinking and doing drugs as well as over eating. Also in that time I started to seclude myself from my friends and picked up world of warcraft. Doing nothing all day and eating and drinking like there was no tomorrow had drastic affects on my body and health.

I stated weighing about 80 kgs, still over weight, and ended up weighing 101 kgs (220 lbs) and being a short guy, 165 cm (5'5'') I looked and felt horrible. During this time I got depressed and when to a very dark place. If it wasn't for my parents who suggested moving away from the city and going to study in my native country (Mexico) I would probably not be alive anymore. So listening to my parents advice I decided to move back to the mother land.

Life in the motherland wasn’t easy at first I was an overweight whitewashed 18 year old who had no idea what he was doing, but with a little determination I started walking more, than running more and finally hit the gym and changed my diet (PALEO).

Its been 6 years since I moved to Mexico and I'm now working at a great company, I'm a full time member at my local gym and I've gone from 101 kgs to 70kgs.

I'm having a blast and living a better life, altho I still have dreams, from time to time, about that one girl that changed my life. I'm not ashamed to admit a little bit of obsession because thanks to her I was pushed to do a lot of things that I would not have imagined my self doing.

I'm here to have fun working out and get to know more fellow nerds that whant to get in shape.

My goal right now is to loose the 4 kgs that I have left and to finally get some abs to show.

I love playing football (soccer) and I'm looking for a team to play on the weekdays.

Thaks for taking the time to read and I'm looking forward to getting to know the community.

• Like 2

Your story is an impressive one. Good choice to listen to your parents, yeah? I imagine living in Mexico has been a really interesting change and a cool one at that. I am German and I've always wanted to go back there as well. I really hope that you reach your goals. Welcome to the rebellion fellow nerd :rolleyes-new:

ErikaisEpic

Level: 1 | Chubby Wood-Elf

STR:0 | DEX:0 | STA:1 | CON:0 | WIS:0 | CHA:0

Challenge: Level One: Attacking the Flammable Skeletons