How I lost 80 pounds and kept them for more than 5 years

Hello Everyone!!

I yo-yoed my weight whole my life and in 2009 I was able to finally find some sort of Paleo diet that worked for me. Before 2009, I went 3 times from 265 to 195 pounds and went back because I continued to eat processed food after the weight loss. But in 2009 I finally engineered my diet. 

I have lost weight by eating 100% whole foods and no processed foods (that sounds like a Paleo). And also almost 100% gluten free. My carbs are veggies, fruits, oats, quinoa, lentils/beans, buckwheat, brown rice – in that order. My proteins are fish, chicken, eggs, farmers cheese, low fat plain or Greek Yogurt, lean beef, lentils/beans, organ meats, lean pork – in that order. My fats are coconut oil, olive oil, seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, flax, chia), avocado, nuts (almond, walnuts, cashew). My veggies are green leafy, carrots, onions, broccoli, ginger, garlic, cabbage, red peppers, tomato, beets. Actually all vegetables but potatoes, corn and soy. My fruits are apples, berries, melons, apricots, peaches, plums and pretty much anything that is in season. Grapefruit and other citrus too, banana too. My drinks are green tea, pure black coffee, water with lemon, red wine. My spices are chili peppers, black pepper, turmeric, fenugreek, cumin, seaweeds, cinnamon, cocoa, nutmeg.

I didn't exercised at all and only in April this year I decided to go below 195 and started some body weight exercises and I'm at around 175 pounds now. Few more pounds of belly fat are there, but I have bought a kettlebell and I hope to get rid of them by the end of the year.

If anyone has questions about the diet, feel free to ask me. Main thing for me that I was able to keep my 195 pounds weight for more than 5 years. This diet changed my palate completely and I don;t have any sugar cravings anymore.post-32997-0-19881400-1412870650_thumb.jpost-32997-0-02058000-1412870674_thumb.jpost-32997-0-23397800-1412870704_thumb.j

• Like 2

Don't eat processed foods, eat whole foods!!

Dude, this is fantastic work, congrats! I'm reached around 275lbs myself, and started the same journey you have, practically eating the same sort of things you are (except I wasn't really doing full on paleo because I don't really eat much meat) and yeah, I'm experiencing similar things, it's changed my life for the better too! (and has controlled my asthma!). I started my journey with body-weight and dumbbell exercises, nice to see that you're going in this direction too.

Almost at that 175lbs weight! You're an inspiration, keep fighting the good fight! :-)

IntroductionBodyware: Fitness Journal

Challenge Belt: (1)(2)(3)(4), (5), (6), (7), [WOOT](8), [TEMP HIATUS], (9)

Bodyweight Info: Starting: 264.5lbs, Current: 167.8lbs (NEUTRAL)

IronGlider v2.10, Adventurer Rank: Level 8