Just another newbie!

I've read the newsletter for a long while, and finally joined about a week (maybe two weeks or three weeks...time seriously is going by fast here!) ago. Now I'm finally gaining the nerve to actually post. I'm not the best at "being part of something," but I can't shake the feeling that this group is something I should make an exception for. So here I am. :)

A few months ago I was at my heaviest weight, despite joining a gym last October. This is when my boyfriend's sister introduced me to Nerd Fitness - and told me to read Staci's story. I read it, and realized I was killing myself with cardio and not much else. And that my way of eating healthy wasn't necessarily the best. So in August, I got together with a personal trainer, and I have loved every. Single. Minute. Of strength training. 

Now, I haven't lost much on the scale, but I can tell the inches are fizzling away and my energy levels are awesome. I've recently re-added cardio (jogging, mostly) to the mix, and am enjoying it more than I was before I started strength training. 

In terms of what motivates me...my health, really. I don't need a "bangin' bod" (of course that'd be nice too. :tongue:) so long as my body can do what it was put on this earth to do - BE ACTIVE! 

Nerd factor...I'm a closet Neopets player (gosh that took a lot to type out), Animal Crossing, Pokemon (including the cards, and online TCG), more movies than I can list, The Walking Dead...I'll be totally honest, ever since I started watching TWD, a big motivator has been "preparing for the zombie apocalypse." While I don't 100% believe that'll happen (anytime soon, at least.....) it's nice to have a fun motivator to keep me going! :)

My ultimate goal is to run a Spartan Race, as well as to complete the Spartan Trifecta. 

I can't remember what else I should post, if anything, to my "hello I'm Michaela and I'm new" post. So...there's that. I'm excited to read more and learn more through this community!

Hi Michaeliza

Good on you for joining the Rebellion and introducing yourself. Welcome onboard the mothership, it's way better inside than the catalogues advertise.

Love your ultimate goal and I take my hat off for anyone with the guts to take on the Spartan. Hopefully one day I'll have that same guts.

Shout if you need any help or need to be guided to the right threads or forums for something. Also if you just need someone to push you forward when things get tough.

Remember: The Rebellion doesn't care where you are (aka we don't judge) we care about where you are going (aka the best groupies you ever had)

Keep levelling up

Chris Brooks

<Chris2Brooks>

Level 1 (RESPAWNED) - Elf Assassin

STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Blog | Pinterest | LinkedIn | Twitter | Duolingo