Beard appreciation thread

Does someone here has a stronger beard?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-2043-1369143690-8.g

Magnificent.

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Security guard commented while checking my ID at work the other day. "Man, I wish I had a job that would let me grow a beard".

2BA7BD20-318D-4510-8F22-8C50DA8BA88B_zps

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Everyone knows beards add +5 to Lifting skills, right?

11225093_809459769175170_499010595104820

• Like 5

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Everyone knows beards add +5 to Lifting skills, right?

11225093_809459769175170_499010595104820

Woot for tire flipping!  It's been a while since that's come up in a WOD.  Debating if I should tell my coach or not.....

Also, excellent shape on the beard.  Mine is to curly/frizzy to get that pointed.

• Like 1

"Whether or not you can never become great at something, you can always become better at it." -Neil DeGrasse Tyson

"I believe every human has a finite number of heartbeats. I don't intend to waste any of mine." - Neil Armostrong

Current ChallengeCrossFit Open Profile

We need more Beard Lifting pictures around here.  I don't care if its weights, your own body, or a cheeseburger to your mouth... let's see some action shots, fellas!

• Like 3

You are a real man. You have a magnificent beard. And it is a thing of terrible beauty. You hunt and fish and have the ability to set fire to entire forests by merely being rugged. When you go surfing the sea runs crimson with your testosterone. Trekking barefoot through Kruger, several lions routinely commit suicide after laying eyes on your man-mane.

You love three things, your mother, your rifle and your beard. That’s why you buy chocolates for your mother, bullets for your rifle, and Buffelsfontein beard oil for your beard. Our uniquely blended oil will make your beard glisten like a million rubies and smell better than burning gunpowder. 

Girls will blush when your oiled chin-brush catches the wind with all the majesty of a sail ship heading for unexplored lands.

Buffelsfontein beard oil. Treat yourself, you magnificent bastard.
  • Like 4

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

laying eyes on your man-mane.

Perfect.

20 Pages in - has there been a discussion on things such as beard oil?  I'm going to be trimming/cleaning up my beard and I wanted to look into beard oil or soap.  Anyone have experience with certain kinds that are good? Bad?

I have a coconut shampoo and matching conditioner and I use the conditioner on my beard as well.  Feels a little better, but I mean; beard hair and head hair feel totally different so I didn't know if there was a significant difference with 'beard only' products.

Being a women (though a beard loving one) I can only speak of the experiences of my husband: he uses a beard wash (Brandname OAK), and beard oil from Mc Natty (and others). Also, he uses a boar bristle brush, to brush it daily once. He has a full beard, no trim, except around the lipline.

On one of his bottles of beard oil it says: MAY YOUR BEARD ALWAYS HAVE LUSTER.

That's what I wish you guys! 

I'm happy about every man who decided to look like one! :D

• Like 1

FLUCTUAT  NEC  MERGITUR

FUELED BY PALEO

I use my shampoo for my beard very infrequently. It's a different sort of hair than top-of-head hair. Shampoo can be damaging. I do condition it every now and then.

The only product I use in it is Beard Balm, made right here in Detroit, Michigan. It's great stuff. Adds a very little bit of shine, softens, and has a nice smell to it.

5'11'' Male

SW: 251 | CW: 199 | GW: 175

Battle Log: Grifball's Freelancer Training

"I WILL EAT YOUR UNHAPPINESS." - Michael J. Caboose

Perfect.

20 Pages in - has there been a discussion on things such as beard oil?  I'm going to be trimming/cleaning up my beard and I wanted to look into beard oil or soap.  Anyone have experience with certain kinds that are good? Bad?

I have a coconut shampoo and matching conditioner and I use the conditioner on my beard as well.  Feels a little better, but I mean; beard hair and head hair feel totally different so I didn't know if there was a significant difference with 'beard only' products.

I never use hair shampoo in my beard.  Rarely shampoo at all.  Maybe once every couple of weeks at the most.  Lightly comb daily with a boar bristle brush, beard balm cream (Fortknight) daily or every other day, and daily beard oil (any brand I like the odor of).  I want to preserve as much of the natural oils as possible.  It's the best way I've found to keep my facial follicles and the skin beneath the softest and healthiest it can be.  That said, I would cautiously entertain the notion of a beard-specific shampoo and more likely a conditioner.

My beard balm has coconut oil in it.  That stuff is a miracle elixir for everything!

For beard shampoo I use Professor Fuzzworthys daily, it is a beard specific shampoo, all natural ingredients, really makes a huge difference.

As for the oil side of things, I actually prefer a balm.  While I've used nearly all of their products, presently I use the Honest Amish Heavy Duty Beard Balm after my shower, just take a pea size amount, rub it between your hands to warm it up..then rub it into the beard.  I follow with a boar hair bristle brush..brushing both directions (up from the neck to make sure it gets worked in underneath well, then down to shape).  Occasionally for special events I'll use one of their waxes for a little extra hold.  Like the shampoo, these are all natural as well.

Don't let that price scare you.. 4oz of this stuff will last a long time.

I've also started doing a bi-weekly Apple Cider Vinegar bath to strip out excess product, this has been a REAL game changer since I started doing it.  Just mix a little of the vinegar with some warm water in a bowl, take it in the shower and apply it first, work it through, rinse it out, then follow up with the shampoo and balm.

We'll just say when I let girls touch the beard, they understand why I take such pride and extra time in cleaning/grooming it properly. 

Ha! The beard thread's still going! Love it!

you can't stop the beard!

HUkOkqr.jpg

i don't know if that's a real thing.

As for the oil side of things, I actually prefer a balm.  While I've used nearly all of their products, presently I use the Honest Amish Heavy Duty Beard Balm after my shower, just take a pea size amount, rub it between your hands to warm it up..then rub it into the beard.  I follow with a boar hair bristle brush..brushing both directions (up from the neck to make sure it gets worked in underneath well, then down to shape).  Occasionally for special events I'll use one of their waxes for a little extra hold.  Like the shampoo, these are all natural as well.

do you get the little gritty things from Honest Amish?  I used it for a while and started noticing them if I didn't brush out the beard mid-way through the day.

Level 9 Snarky Rogue

STR:20 | DEX:13 | STA:13.5 | CON:13 | WIS:17 | CHA:16

battle log

there are far better things ahead than what we leave behind - CS Lewis

find out what you're afraid of, and go live there - Chuck Palahniuk 

do you get the little gritty things from Honest Amish?  I used it for a while and started noticing them if I didn't brush out the beard mid-way through the day.

Never had an issue with their products.

Altho I believe that issue was with this one:

http://www.amishbeardcare.com/Honest-Amish-Extra-Grit-Beard-Wax-p/exgrit-wax.htm

Which I've never purchased because that tends to be a problem with it.

The ones I linked I've had zero issues with.