Beard appreciation thread

Yesterday was a sad sad day for my beard..I found my first gray hair.. :(

I do not want to look "distinguished" before the age of 30..hell, I'd prefer to not have that look before 40.. *sigh*

28 as well and I have exactly 1 gray beard hair. I have a patch on my head that sprouts like 20 of them though.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Yesterday was a sad sad day for my beard..I found my first gray hair.. :(

I do not want to look "distinguished" before the age of 30..hell, I'd prefer to not have that look before 40.. *sigh*

Can't fight time... I just look at it as a consequence of getting older... not good, not bad... just is...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I just use the photobucket app. In the information screen for the photos I upload it has a link you just tap on to copy that already has the img tags added, so all you have to do is post that into tapatalk posts, no adding code.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Beard 2.0 attached

Lost a few weeks worth of growth in the trim, as expected, but the split ends needed to go and it looks/feels much better now.  Only other changes to the beard were the sideburns, shown here, which we faded in a bit to match up with the new haircut more.  Now I just need to find a proper pomade for the hair..already got a proper wax and balm for the beard.

1385433_10101431552743677_79345634516067

Let me know if the image displays..I had to link it through FB after some uploading issues.

• Like 2

That's a solid beard. My wife starts getting on my case when it gets that long, recently whacked it back. I need to learn how to groom it to look really nice.

500 / 330 / 625

BOLLOCKS!!!!!! Stoopid Tapatalk still won't let me load up pictures. I've done the update, what more does it want?!?!

Think I might have to delete it then reinstall it. *grumble grumble grumble*

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Life is funny, y'all. I'll tell you why: five years ago, I was appalled at the idea of being attracted to anyone with even a single hair on his face.

I now prefer a nice, trim beard on a man 9 times out of 10.

I am continually astonished at how often my preferences change.

No one can resist it... :-)

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

I told my wife I would be growing a jedi beard when I get out of the military. Her reaction was mostly indifference. I think she is reserving judgment until she sees it. She'll have to wait three more years. Given how much my annual March mustache has improved over the years I am optimistic. Also, given that I have never seen my dad's chin, I'd say the beard gene runs in the family.

I don't have a beard, but enjoy the appreciation thereof. 

This may already have been covered elsewhere in the thread, but can I just draw your attention to the lyrical stylings of a band I recently happened upon on YouTube - "The Beards" - all too often I find myself singing "Got Me a Beard" out loud in the office. 

Totally worth a wee YouTube search - time well spent for contributors to this thread!! :) 

If you haven't already come across them, You're welcome.

I don't have a beard, but enjoy the appreciation thereof. 

This may already have been covered elsewhere in the thread, but can I just draw your attention to the lyrical stylings of a band I recently happened upon on YouTube - "The Beards" - all too often I find myself singing "Got Me a Beard" out loud in the office. 

Totally worth a wee YouTube search - time well spent for contributors to this thread!! :)

If you haven't already come across them, You're welcome.

hahahahahahaha.... Awesome....

• Like 1

My first challenge

So so good.

500 / 330 / 625

I feel like that haircut has increased the power of my beard in regards to how females perceive me.. :D

On a different note, I added some new products to my beard care line up recently.  I picked up a stronger beard balm (it feels fantastic) and have begun trying out beard wax for shaping it.  So far, I like the results although my beard is a tad too long for the wax I am using..need something stronger..but it still gives it a better shape and more shine.