Beard appreciation thread

And this;

Damn you Tapatalk!!!!! There is no "this"!!! I see nothing. Grrrrr!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There... I found it for you... I know it was hard to see so I brightened it up for you...

*Hides from impending aggression*

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I was in Boston earlier in the year and as I now count myself an honorary Red Sox fan after catching a game, I felt there was a need to pick one of these up!

post-33849-0-54386400-1418820243_thumb.j

Level 6 - Human - (North of the wall) Wyldling/Celt - Ranger/Assassin.

Epic quest I Battle Log I Accountabilibuddies 3 5 I Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5

(STR) - 4 (DEX) - 1 (STA) - 3 (CON) - 6 (WIS) - 4 (CHA) - 2

"Spartans! Prepare for glory!" - King Leonidas

Pinterest I instagram I Goodreads 

Well folks, it's about that time I need my first slightly aggressive beard trim..the sides are just simply getting too out of control..so I'll be getting a fade tomorrow..still keeping the length at the chin..just taming the cheeks down a bit and nudging my beard in the direction I want to go.

Just think: Leonidas in 300.

That's the direction I'm going. :P

• Like 1

I was in Boston earlier in the year and as I now count myself an honorary Red Sox fan after catching a game, I felt there was a need to pick one of these up!

attachicon.gifRSGB.jpg

Damn my tiny little phone screen! I can see the "this" this time, I just can't make out what it says. It's too small.

Someone just reassure me that it's something cool, please. ;)

Sent from my stoopid phone which hates me I swear.

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Damn my tiny little phone screen! I can see the "this" this time, I just can't make out what it says. It's too small.

Someone just reassure me that it's something cool, please. ;)

Front: A picture of the Red Sox players all with beards

Back: #GetBeard

World Series Champions

So yeah... it's cool.

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Ok..so my guy went a little bit crazier than I wanted and I feel more like I am channeling jaffar from Aladdin..but ill take it..I think after two more months of growth it will be where I want it..he also gave me my first shaved part with my haircut (I didnt ask for it) which im really digging..definitely a nice retro look and compliment to the beard...

Edit: Stupid tapatalk didn't attach the photos..lemme try that again..

Ok..so my guy went a little bit crazier than I wanted and I feel more like I am channeling jaffar from Aladdin..but ill take it..I think after two more months of growth it will be where I want it..he also gave me my first shaved part with my haircut (I didnt ask for it) which im really digging..definitely a nice retro look and compliment to the beard...

Edit: Stupid tapatalk didn't attach the photos..lemme try that again..

Hardly channeling Jafar... he's got... not even a beard, just a few hairs on his face that stand out from the rest... jealous of the sides, mine grow in way thin...

My first challenge

Hardly channeling Jafar... he's got... not even a beard, just a few hairs on his face that stand out from the rest... jealous of the sides, mine grow in way thin...

I don't know..too much was taken off and I feel like the "goatee" part is too much of a focal point now..I do recall ordering a fade..I'll have to give more explicit instructions next time.  I'm sure given another 2 months of growth it will even out decently.

The sides definitely are nice..they were in a very awkward state when I decided to get this trim done..glad I did (even if it's not quite what I wanted) as it is easier to manage now.

I have been taking biotin as a supplement for the past few months now, it supposedly aids in hair and skin health and people with beards have been using it to assist in beard growth for awhile.  I started taking it after I had a good start, I'm planning to go off of it when I run out and see if I notice any changes.  I take less than the recommended dose just because I am aware it is mostly an experiment at this point.  So we shall see.

UK gents (I say UK as not sure how far the product would be shipped) check out Braw Beard Oils...got one for Christmas (Wulver) and I now smell like I sleep in a pine tree, my beard has also not felt so soft before!

http://brawbeardoils.com/

UK gents (I say UK as not sure how far the product would be shipped) check out Braw Beard Oils...got one for Christmas (Wulver) and I now smell like I sleep in a pine tree, my beard has also not felt so soft before!

http://brawbeardoils.com/

I prefer balms myself..not sure you can get my brand there.  But you might be able to get the shampoo I use, Professor Edward J Fuzzworthy's Beard Shampoo..look it up..I'm pretty sure it's available in the UK.  Use that in the shower, then a boar bristle brush with your oil..it will take your beard to a whole new level.

• Like 1

Boar bristle brush!!!....good lord man I can feel my masculinity and beard bristle just typing it on screen!!! :D

Will have a look when back home. BBO do a shampoo too but it's always good to mix it up :-)

Since 2014 is about to come to a close I thought I'd do a collage of just some of the most excellent beards we have on here. Got to admit, I did pick my favourites so sorry to the ones who didn't get a spot. Excellent beards my fellow nerds, but I have a bias towards a certain style, sorry!

9ec1ad6f4bc5de0d9651061ec3e49ed4.jpg

• Like 5

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously