Hello everyone!

I am a 24 year old girl, a nuclear scientist, finished grad school just a few months ago, and just moved to a new city (for the 5th time in 3 years). Since this is my first full-time job, I'm yet to get used to being slumped over a desk all day. I did get bitten by radioactive spider one day though :)

I was really strong and fit all throughout school, was a competitive swimmer and hiked or went canoeing every weekend. Everytime I had to learn something or do something I didn't like, I always imagined how that would help me in my superhero duties when I was grown up; ( I remember studying physics very very sincerely because I really desperately wanted to make myself a jetpack :) )

I gained weight in college after a scooter accident, and spent the next 4 years undergoing surgeries in my lower left leg. I then spent the majority of grad school in sleep deprived and highly stressed. Also got diagnosed for PCOS and put on more weight.

After graduation, I had a few months of vacation where I started exercising again and eating healthy. I ran on a beach everyday, swam and worked out in a gym. I lost over 8 kilos (18lb) and became much stronger in a span of 4 months. After moving to the where I'm currently living now, I immediately joined a gym and got back on track. Unfortunately my luck sucks and I injured my left knee again, sprained it badly in a fall.

I'm now trying my best to get back on track again with fitness, since there are a lot of exercises I can't do (like lunges, cycling etc.). Since I live in a city now, I don't have any space for running/walking/swimming anywhere nearby, but there is a well-equipped gym next door. I have been working on my upper body mostly.

Apart from my time in grad school, I generally have very healthy eating habits and a really really tiny appetite, but keeping weight in check has still always been a challenge because of the PCOS. I get a lot of advice about diets all the time, but apart from a couple of minor tweaks, I really have found no room for improvement in my current food habits (even after consulting a dietician).

More than losing weight, I aim to get really strong because that feels really great :)

My current goal is to be strong enough to do pull-ups.

I'm still a little confused about the guilds, I think I would like to be a Ranger since I've always been the jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none person. Looking forward to learning a lot from all you NF folks!

Level 1 Respawned Rebel

Current Challenge 1: Quarkle has to clean up (19th March - 15th April 2018)

"Trouble? I call it sport"

Welcome to Nerd Fitness!  I hope you find what you seek here. ^_^

Life right after grad school is kind of disconcerting!  I put on so much weight in grad school.... aiieeeeeeee.... I am still trying to get rid of it!

I've been on an upper body kick recently due to an injury as well... there's a lot of really great, functional strength training you can do!  Bodyweight or weights, there are so many modifications available for lower body injuries!  I'm sure you'll do awesome, but if you ever want to prod at someone who's had a similar experience, please feel free to drop me a line!

As for guilds... you'll do your first challenge (the next one starts November 10th) with the Level 1 rebels and pick your guild after that.  If you wind up going Ranger, I know they will love to have you!  And if not, you'll get a chance to interact with people from different guilds and try different things, so I'm sure you'll find what calls to you.

^_^

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire