Handmade Holidays

This is something I have been wanting to do for many years but never got the chance to do. I can never seem to find the time  :neglected: I did make a few fleece no sew blankets last year, those are always great gifts. I have also thought of asking members of my family if they wanted to participate in exchanging one handmade gift each year. Gifts seem more special to me when they are handmade :) More thought goes into it. 

Totally agree with you there. Funny the only thing I love so much that I got as a present was this cool drawing my little brother (funny how I'll always refer to him as that until he's old man) made for me for my graduation.

• Like 2

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

oooh, I love handmade gifts!

Well my mom did accidentally lost her mug I bought her. Why not decorate mugs for the holidays? That way everyone in my house stops taking my (geeky) mugs.

My sister did that last year. She was dorm director and personalized a mug for each of her RA's. Cheap materials and endless possibilities. There's a DIY how to here

Cut out a bunch of fabric/batting to make potholders as smaller gifts.Sewing is kind of my nemesis, because it requires precision and I am... not precise. But I tried to take my time, and put together 7 batting/fabric potholder sandwiches.

Potholders make great gifts! I stick to the square ones, since they're simpler, but my mom whipped out owl shaped potholders (kinda like these) for my sister last year. So cute! 

I made my mom a set of chip carved coasters last year and chip carved ornaments for my grandparents. I'm working on ornaments this year and an über coaster for my tea-loving bf. 

• Like 1

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

oooh, I love handmade gifts!

My sister did that last year. She was dorm director and personalized a mug for each of her RA's. Cheap materials and endless possibilities. There's a DIY how to here

Potholders make great gifts! I stick to the square ones, since they're simpler, but my mom whipped out owl shaped potholders (kinda like these) for my sister last year. So cute! 

I made my mom a set of chip carved coasters last year and chip carved ornaments for my grandparents. I'm working on ornaments this year and an über coaster for my tea-loving bf. 

Those owls are cuuuuuuuute!

• Like 1

Rising Heroes Faction: HAVIK 

Fitbit | Art Page | Instagram

I am trying not to stretch myself too thin, but here is the list for the holidays this year:

Nerdmas gift (crochet) In progress

Hat for a friend (knit) To be started

MLP crochet plushies:

Pinkie Pie (to be started)

Fluttershy (to be started)

Narwhal Amigurumi (to be started)

Santa Hat/Beard (for me :D) To be started.

I like the idea of progress checks :P

Happy crafting, all!

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: thekatisalie is back :: no seriously this time

MyFitnessPal || Strava || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay

I am trying not to stretch myself too thin, but here is the list for the holidays this year:

MLP crochet plushies:

I like the idea of progress checks :P

Happy crafting, all!

uhm....you crochet MLP??? :D Do you charge? That would be AWESOME!!! *crosses fingers that Kat is her Secret Santa*

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

MLP crochet plushies:

I like the idea of progress checks :tongue:

Happy crafting, all!

Those sound AWESOME! I want to see the MLPs!

• Like 1

One of my handmade goals this year is to give half of my family presents in reusable cloth gift bags. Last year, I did 1/4, so only 1/4 to go. Lol

The kids still get wrapping paper, cause that's one of the best parts when you're a kid!

Actual gift wise, I'm weaving baskets for a few people and then filling them with goodies. Some co workers will get a basket, a small loaf of bread, and a jam or honey butter. One will get a " Razorback" basket of cookies, because he's a football& cookie fantastic, and he's my buddy. ( I'm allowed to play favorites, dammit!)

My employee is getting a basket with some sort of gag type gifts.

My guy already has his main present, but he's getting a Razorback basket with dollar store camping odds& ends so he has a present at actual Christmas. Plus whatever his little girl & I do to be from her.

I'm stealing ideas from here for next year!

• Like 2

They are actually melt and pour!! ;) I used a goats milk base in a silicone loaf, added fragrance and color, and cut it with a big flat blade slicer. Fairly quick and convenient, and still was great quality! :D

(The pink is cranberry chutney, the white is lavender, and the brown is mocha with coffee bits!)

I do M&P too! I love it, because you can do it in short bursts. Like spend 30 minutes one evening after dinner or you can do it all day one day.

I've not done loaves before, I usually do molds. I've found lots of fun silicone molds. Though they were intended for ice or baking. Lol

Lately, the favorites have been skull& crossbones soap. :-) do you have anymore photos of your soap online?

One of my handmade goals this year is to give half of my family presents in reusable cloth gift bags. Last year, I did 1/4, so only 1/4 to go. Lol

The kids still get wrapping paper, cause that's one of the best parts when you're a kid!

Actual gift wise, I'm weaving baskets for a few people and then filling them with goodies. Some co workers will get a basket, a small loaf of bread, and a jam or honey butter. One will get a " Razorback" basket of cookies, because he's a football& cookie fantastic, and he's my buddy. ( I'm allowed to play favorites, dammit!)

My employee is getting a basket with some sort of gag type gifts.

My guy already has his main present, but he's getting a Razorback basket with dollar store camping odds& ends so he has a present at actual Christmas. Plus whatever his little girl & I do to be from her.

I'm stealing ideas from here for next year!

Razorbacks, huh? Must be a fellow Arkansan :)  I'm not a football fan tho. LOL

Nerdmas gift (crochet) DONE

MLP crochet plushies:

Pinkie Pie (to be started) In progress

• Like 2

MLP crochet plushies:

I like the idea of progress checks :tongue:

Happy crafting, all!

Yes to progress checks! I am trying to figure out a realistic list of gifts I can make in the next month. Will post later today!

• Like 2

Updates!

Nerdmas gift (crochet) DONE

Hat for a friend (knit) To be started started

MLP crochet plushies:

Pinkie Pie (to be started) In progress

• Like 4

That's adorable :D

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I posted this in the Artistic and Creative Accountability group as well, but wanted to share it here, too. 

My kiddo and I are recycling our older/less used/scratched Christmas ornaments and turning them into video game themed awesomeness. :)

ohmg :wub:

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

I posted this in the Artistic and Creative Accountability group as well, but wanted to share it here, too. 

My kiddo and I are recycling our older/less used/scratched Christmas ornaments and turning them into video game themed awesomeness. :)   

We have a what? Omg I must join this amazing group

• Like 1

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram