JUSTICE JONES and the JOURNEY to FITNESS

Hi,

I'm Adam and I'm 24. For some reason I'm really hesitant to post in forums - I think I've realised that I spend a lot of time trying to blend in, trying not to cause offence, and trying to keep everybody happy. Well f*** that! I'm using up my 20 seconds of insane courage and writing this as fast as possible. I recently been through some stuff and decided it's time for me to take control of my life. I stumbled on Nerd Fitness and it's been one of the most helpful things - I'm setting goals, I'm getting stuff done, I'm starting to feel good about myself - and most importantly I'm remembering to not care about what anybody else thinks and just doing things that make me happy.

I'm not overweight now, not underweight, but I've realised that I've been very ok with just being average - I've never really pushed myself and I would always give up before things really got difficult. So my goal is simple - "I want to know my limits." I want to know what it feels like to push myself 100% and then I want to have confidence in myself to go even further. And if I need to give myself a name like a 30's pulp hero who is a werewolf ranger/monk then that's what I'll do. 

Knowing my limits is all well and good, but I know that it's a bit vague, so this is what I'm aiming for...

- Eat at least one paleo meal a day - my diet's not great, but I recently did a little bit of cooking and didn't die from it, so I know I'm not that bad at it and it's something I can work on

- Exercise 3+ times a week - Work's pretty busy at the moment, but I know that I feel better when I get some exercise in. Just the beginner bodyweight circuit for now, working towards free weights

- Post on these forums once a day - Once a day is nothing, and I think it'll help me to get more confident with just saying what I'm thinking and not constantly overthinking everything and chickening out. Encouraging people is bound to make me feel better as wellright?

And if you're thinking "Man he sounds like the coolest guy out there, he must not be that nerdy". Well... I'm currently planning a 5th ed D&D Spelljammer campaign, I'm re-reading the Silmarillion at the moment, planning to enter a film into the Star Wars fan film awards - a documentary about creating the sound of a lightsaber, magic the gathering, firefly, comic books, anything to do with mike mignola (hence the pulp) as well as being someone who has an alarming amount of useless facts and information swimming around in his head.

So here I am thinking I sound like a bit of an idiot when I'm rereading over this but I just need to remember it's probably not as bad as I think.

• Like 1

WELCOME!  Taking the plunge to like... you know, just say 'hi' on an internet forum is HARD right?!  Why is it so hard??  It shouldn't be that hard!!  (But it is sometimes!)

The NF forums are probably one of the awesomest places on the internet - everyone is super friendly, motivating, and here to cheer you on.  I'm so so glad I joined, it's made a huge difference in my fitness and keeping me accountable.

Grats on your 20 seconds of berserker mode (now you have a 60 second cooldown), here's to many more!

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Welcome home, Adam.

I know what you mean about being fed up with trying to blend in. It's a useful skill to have when you don't feel like dealing with other people, but it's tiring and annoying to keep up all the time. Especially when there are so many better things you could be spending that energy on. Also agree that encouraging other people makes you feel good too.

Re-reading The Silmarillion AND entering the Star Wars fan film awards? I'm impressed! (Silmarillion was always my favorite.) I finally got around to watching the Hellboy movie the other day and I enjoyed it a lot. I've been trying to decide if I should start reading the comics. How do you think they compare?

Don't forget, around here cool guy = nerdy guy.

Level 2 Elf Assassin

Str: 4 | Dex: 5 | Sta: 3 | Con: 2 | Wis: 4 | Cha: 3

"When people called me freak, I closed my eyes and laughed, because they were blind to happiness." --hide

First challenge! Second challenge! Third challenge!