TINK! She Hulk's Log of Spoon Bending.

title.jpg

SHULKIEHERE.jpg

(original art from Marvel's She-Hulk Vol: 3--- text and color edit by me).

thequest.jpg

From the start of all of this I had one goal in mind:

I want to get a hold of my health again. I want to not be afraid to risk taking a job in fear of not being able to pull my weight because of my illness. I don't want this disease to define who I am, because for a while, it has.

Main Quest: Medical Remission of Rheumatoid Arthritis

October 2, 2014: 

Showing signs of medical remission, under doctor's watch I am beginning to taper off the strongest of medications.

Lowering dosage by .1 ml every three months unless told otherwise. 

October 21, 2014:

First week of lowered dosage. Lessened side effects, usual exhaustion and sickness dissipated within 3 days but was able to complete full sessions at the gym and eat whole meals during this time.

Side Quest: Lose 65lbs (45lbs by my Birthday December 27th).

July 2014:

Weight: 245

August 2014:

Weight: 237

September 2014:

Weight: 225

October 28, 2014:

Weight: 220

This here log will cover:

Achievements

Weigh-ins/measurements

Progress Photos (WHAT? WE GET TO SEE WHAT SHE HULK LOOKS LIKE?! Gasp).

Weight training plans

Nutrition

My weekly grades (during challenge times)

Mini two-week challenges for myself between the NF-driven challenges.

Basically, I'm gonna use this to cover all sorts of things.

• Like 2

Current Challenge: She-Hulk Strengthens the Stronghold.

[Level: 6 | STR 8.18 | DEX 6.31 STA 9.47 | CON 11.08 WIS 10.5 | CHA 6.9 ]

theplan.jpg

Nutrition:

I eat an entirely gluten free diet (I have a gluten intolerance), low/no lactose, and low/no soy. I also have a nasty allergy to fish (not shellfish, however) so that affects my diet as well. Basically, I eat lots of chicken, pork, beef, shrimp, veggies, and rice. Yep, that's about it.

Macro/micro breakdown:

Protein: Between 100g and 130g  

Carbs: Between 100g and 130g (lee-way for carb-rich veggies and fruits)     

Fat: Between 50g and 70g fat

Sugar: Up to 50g of sugar (under 25g for non-fructose derived)   

thatbod.jpg

Current Measurements:

taken October 27, 2014.
Starting weight: 245lbs
Current weight: 230 -> 225 -> 220

Height: 5'9.5"

Fat Percentage: 41.7%

neck:15"

bust: 43.5"

waist: 39"

waist in corset: 36.5"

stomach: 44.5"

hips: 45"

wrist: 6.75"

calf: 18"

upper thigh: 26"

lower/mid thigh: 21"

forearm: 11.25"

upper-arm: 14.5"

Starting Measurements:

taken September 8, 2014.

Starting weight: 245

Current weight: 233

Fat Percentage: 48.5%

bust: 46.5"

waist: 42"

waist in corset: 39"

stomach: 50"

hips: 49"

wrist: 7"

calf: 19.5"

upper thigh: 28.5"

lower/mid thigh: 22"

forearm: 11.5"

upper-arm: 15.5"

Progress Photos:

Oh man... this is hard to post. Whelp, that's me (Excuse the face, I didn't like it so I chose to cover it)... About 15lbs heavier though. I'll take new progress photos at the end of each 6 week challenge.

233-pounds_2.gif220lbs.gif

• Like 1

AND THAT. IS THAT.

Today marks the middle of my final week of my first challenge. I haven't stuck with a dietary change this long since...well, ever! So far so good. 

I've done well on my exercise so far this week also.

Yesterday I wound up with 50min of cardio and then spent a good 40min working on my arms and abdominals. Woohoo!

Breakdown:

Cardio:

Elliptical Trainer : 20 min, 1.72 miles

Stationary Bike: 22 min, 2 miles (NEVER AGAIN)

Yoga: 10 minutes for stretching after all the things.

Strength training:

Side leg raises: 10S, 20R (at home)

Alternating bicep curls with dumbbells: 3S, 15R,15lb 

Flat dumbbell press: 3S, 15R, 30b 

Flat Dumbbell Fly: 3S, 15R, 30lb 

Standing overhead dumbbell tricep extension: 3S, 15R, 30lb

Standing side raise: 3S, 15R, 20lb 

Standing crunches (or whatever those are called): 100 in 4 minutes.

Upside down wall plank: 36 seconds.

• Like 1

Minna! It's so odd to meet people with the same birthday as me, but it shouldn't you know? Haha, Christmas babies, huh? =D

Awh, thanks. My hat to you as well! And a wink! xD I may have gone a bit... overboard with the layout, but once I got started I figured I might as well go all the way with it, you know?

Following your battle log! Finish this challenge strong, and let's keep going through the break!

Love the artwork, BTW!

• Like 1

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

Following your battle log! Finish this challenge strong, and let's keep going through the break!

Love the artwork, BTW!

Ah, I can't take credit for it. I only slipped that spoon in (my silly, pathetic spoon). I absolutely adore the art style of the current run though. 

We'll definitely end strong and go strong! YES!

• Like 1

Your battle log looks amazing!  Talk about motivating!  Love it!

• Like 1

1 Tim 4:7-8 "...train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value,

godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."

Current Challenge: ... this feature is still loading ...

Previous Challenges: Commiting to CommitUnashamedCoping through HopingChillaxes

Possibly last (second to last?) workout before the end of this six week challenge. I was there for like 1.5 hrs.

Breakdown:

Cardio:

Elliptical Trainer : 30 min, 2 miles

Yoga: 10 minutes for stretching after all the things.

Strength training:

Alternating bicep curls with dumbbells: 3S, 15R, 15lb 

Seated Military Press: 3S, 15R, 30lb

Barbell biceps curl: 3S, 15R, 30lb

Flat dumbbell press: 3S, 15R, 30b 

Flat dumbbell fly: 3S, 15R, 30lb 

Standing overhead dumbbell tricep extension: 3S, 15R, 30lb

Standing side raise: 3S, 15R, 20lb 

Standing crunches (or whatever those are called): 40R

Standing side over-y things (yeah not sure on that either) 2S, 20R

Upside down wall plank: 32 seconds.

• Like 1

Measurement update! 

Current Measurements:

taken October 27, 2014.
Starting weight: 245lbs
Current weight: 230 -> 225 -> 220

Fat Percentage: 41.7%

bust: 43.5"

waist: 39"

waist in corset: 36.5"

stomach: 44.5"

hips: 45"

wrist: 6.75"

calf: 18"

upper thigh: 26"

lower/mid thigh: 21"

forearm: 11.25"

upper-arm: 14.5"

Total inches lost: 22"
  • Like 1

Yup, sure am. =P

...Now twenty more to go before the end of December.

This is going to be a tough challenge. 

Next week is my first challenge as a Ranger. I'm putting together my plan of action now. I'll be focusing on the mental part of things. In particular, I need to focus on self control. Right now I'm planning on cutting regular sugar from my diet entirely. ...Did I mention I'll be out of town for half of this challenge? Cause I will be. This is one of my biggest struggles because sugar, for me, is a major downfall. I eat it, I crave more, I binge... an endless cycle. So that's at the top of the list. 

I will be continuing my food log, but it's not going to be easy for me to really focus on my macros when I'm away, so I'm going to just be sure that my protein is as high as I can get it and I'm going to cut down my diet over all. Meaning, back down to a larger calorie deficiency (this is also to help me reach my mini challenge for 45lbs by December 27th). I'll adjust everything so it works out enough. 

Exercise... BWO primarily. I may attempt some jogging on solid ground (although I'm uncertain whether I'll be able to do it, but I'll try!). I'm going to work even harder at getting that handstand down. 

Lastly, I've signed myself up for NaNoWriMo.... and I haven't even written a word (it's six days in as of today). I'm not worrying so much about hitting 50k, but I want to write (at least) a novella. I believe I can do that in two weeks. So, I'm going to start the first day of the challenge... and then just keep writing until the end (giving me 6 weeks of writing time). Better late than never. 

That's what I have so far. I think I can manage it.

Okay.

I know I planned on updating and continuing a mini challenge through the break... but I didn't. Excuse? Reason? Stress, mainly. I worked on a project (as a favor to a family member) about eight months ago. Basically, I put together a 90 page presentation and book for them (something that would normally cost at least $5,000 and I did it for free.... eff). Anyway, this same family member (aka my mom) delightfully informed me that I need to go in and edit half of the book so it works for another presentation. I had five days to do so. I was pissed. Completely and totally furious, actually. So, cue the stress eating and then the getting sick (again) and Halloween in the middle and I broke... a bit. I did keep track of what I was eating, however... holy red zone, Batman.

Anyway, yesterday it was done and over so I took a deep breath and went to the gym and just ran (elliptical counts as running, right?). 

Cardio:

Elliptical Trainer : 1 mile in 11 minutes (BACK TO WHERE I WAS FINALLY, YES). Total: 2.5 miles, 30 minutes 

Battle Ropes: 15 second intervals x3 

Yoga (for stretching): 10 minutes

• Like 1

One of my biggest struggles is not giving up on everything when I've missed one of my goals.

"What?  I didn't do what I wanted to today and I'm bummed about it?  Guess I should eat ALL THE COOKIES EVERYWHERE since I'm a failure at life and nothing matters anyway!"  <---My mentality

This is not good...

Glad to hear when  you got off a little bit you haven't given up the fight!  Your health is well worth fighting for, and after the fighting you did in your last challenge I know you can do it!

• Like 2

1 Tim 4:7-8 "...train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value,

godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."

Current Challenge: ... this feature is still loading ...

Previous Challenges: Commiting to CommitUnashamedCoping through HopingChillaxes

That's going to be a crazy challenge!!! I'll be here to cheer you on when things get hard - even though you usually just get straight As all the time ^_^

Don't give yourself goals that are too strict, with traveling you'll need some flexibility :)

Are you feeling better now? Ready to dive into the awesomeness?

You can beat the stress and sugar monster She, and write that novella! You absolutely can!

• Like 1

Dancing Sylph - Level 9 Monk/Druid

Former Captain of the Nerdians of the Fitalaxy

Current Challenge

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" - We came forth, and once more saw the stars, Dante

I gave myself a jogging challenge, and now I get so antsy to run I get personally offended when required to be at my desk through the afternoon!

Make sure you let yourself work up to it - it's easy to run too fast (and even that will seem slow) at the beginning, and knock yourself totally out, plus feeling like a schmuck.  Just remember you're lapping the AU version of your character who is sitting on the couch, and try to jog a bit more, run a bit less each time. Nowadays, I barely walk at all, except for steep hills or off days!

Also, invest in a decent sports bra. Maybe wear two. I have to. Sore calves after running? Fine. Sore chest? Aw hell no!

• Like 1

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

One of my biggest struggles is not giving up on everything when I've missed one of my goals.

"What?  I didn't do what I wanted to today and I'm bummed about it?  Guess I should eat ALL THE COOKIES EVERYWHERE since I'm a failure at life and nothing matters anyway!"  <---My mentality

This is not good...

Glad to hear when  you got off a little bit you haven't given up the fight!  Your health is well worth fighting for, and after the fighting you did in your last challenge I know you can do it!

Yeah, it's definitely tough... I am also definitely a cookie monster. xD

I'm just going to keep going at it. This is sort of telling me that maybe for now it'll be okay to take those two weeks off. When I'm ready I'll jump and keep it going, but I don't think I'm there yet. So, jumping on for another six week it is!

That's going to be a crazy challenge!!! I'll be here to cheer you on when things get hard - even though you usually just get straight As all the time ^_^

Don't give yourself goals that are too strict, with traveling you'll need some flexibility :)

Are you feeling better now? Ready to dive into the awesomeness?

You can beat the stress and sugar monster She, and write that novella! You absolutely can!

Yeahhhh.... I keep going back and forth between whether or not I should cut the sugar entirely. It's a good idea for me in the long run, but I know I'm going to be faced with a gluten free cookie or something over Thanksgiving. Think I should just cut it down like I did last challenge? ...Or I could do three days a week of no added sugar and then just limited. *shrug*

Yeah, I'm definitely starting to feel better. Another head cold, but with lots of vitamin C and some other stuff I'm much, much better. 

I wish certainly smash through the stress and sugar... sugar stress.... haha. Oof, that novella. That... that is the hard one. 

I gave myself a jogging challenge, and now I get so antsy to run I get personally offended when required to be at my desk through the afternoon!

Make sure you let yourself work up to it - it's easy to run too fast (and even that will seem slow) at the beginning, and knock yourself totally out, plus feeling like a schmuck.  Just remember you're lapping the AU version of your character who is sitting on the couch, and try to jog a bit more, run a bit less each time. Nowadays, I barely walk at all, except for steep hills or off days!

Also, invest in a decent sports bra. Maybe wear two. I have to. Sore calves after running? Fine. Sore chest? Aw hell no!

Yeah, I know I'm not going to be able to do much than jogging a few minutes at a time. I'll go easy for sure. I'm certain I'll get there. It helps that my aunt will help me out a bit (she's competed in the NYC marathon ten years in a row). *falls over* Both of my cousins are also runners.... maybe I'll just do it when they're not there. Haha. Yeah, I've got a good sports bra. I think the worst is my tummy though. I'm glad my compression leggings are high waisted, cause my top is getting loose.

SPEAKING OF WHICH. My new photos are up. These are two months between. *shrug* It really shows a big difference, though! My posture is better as well; probably a combination of less tummy weight and all that time I've been spending upside down. 

• Like 1