pqh0z5vs.jpg          MFTzkIDs.jpg          FStqYq9s.jpg          yvEk6cxs.jpg          7PJA5nQs.jpg          MgFljw8s.jpg   

Hi there <3 

Whoever you are, I am VERY glad that you are here! I've decided to make the switch from challenging back to a battle log for the time being. I think that having short term goals with the pressure of a challenge isn't the best formula for me right now. I think that I need the accountability of something far more long-term and flexible. I need to be able to focus on whatever goals I think are necessary at the time, and I need to be able to change my goals in a time frame that I decide, but most importantly, I need a longer commitment than just 6 weeks. This battle log will hopefully stand as a constant reminder to me that being healthy and fit and successful and peaceful and happy is a lifelong journey.

To give you a little background on what's going in my life right now, I am 22, currently living in a suburb of Sacramento, and working in another suburb of Sacramento. I am in management on a Congressional campaign here in the area, and I work 75 hours a week currently. Election Day is 8 days away, and life is crazy! I live in a house with a 32 year old woman who has become my newest best friend and sister, and I'm loving Cali. I'm moving home on November 5th and feeling very bittersweet about that. I'm interviewing for a couple new positions, and I will update you when things are more concrete. I'm not sure where I'll move next, but it looks like D.C. is the main possibility.

As far as health and goals and such, I have been TERRIBLE. I've been eating lots of non-paleo things, and too much of them. I've been drinking a lot, and I haven't run in 3 weeks. I've stopped doing yoga, and reading the Bible, and generally anything that isn't working or partying with my colleagues, roommate and friends. Although I absolutely love my job and it's a complete dream to work on a winning Congressional campaign (we're absolutely smashing the opposition and it was never truly a contest), they're super draining and consuming and life-sucking :tongue: I'm having a hard time finding time to do everything I need to do, or the willpower to stay on track. Politics is the #2 least healthy field in the professional world, and I understand why! 

Here are my goals for rght now:

1. I must eat/track my calories on MFP and eat between my BMR and TDEE of mostly paleo food.

As far as priorities go, I am going to prioritize eating exactly my calorie goal rather than making everything absolutely paleo. If I'm eating 85% paleo and not eating under or over my calories, that's fine with me. The only thing completely not allowed is sugar..... except for alcoholic beverages :D I don't have a scale with me, so I'm going to guesstimate my weight to calculate my BMR and TDEE. If you would like to friend me on MFP, I'm politicosnow :)

Consequence: I have realized that I am a sneaky, self-justifying, tricky bastard, so I am going to have consequences for not staying on track for each goal.

My consequence for not eating within a range of calories (which I will re-determine every 2 weeks) is that I MUST eat entirely paleo the next day; no cheats allowed.

2. I must drink 100 oz of water each day.

This one's pretty obvious.

Consequence: I can't have any other type of beverage (besides coffee and tea) until I have done so.

3. I must exercise 3x a week.

With my crazy schedule right now, I'm not going to specify what type of exercise or when or anything. I will plan it out week by week and try to get it in whenever I can. It could be a run before work, walking during my lunch break (if I get one that day), or body weight exercises after work, or riding my bike once I get home. I just need to do something active 3x a week!

Consequence: No Grey's Anatomy for the week. It's my guilty pleasure binge show right now that is my stress reliever when nothing else works. If I fail to work out 3x by next Monday, I can't watch Grey's until the following Monday.

4. I must read my Bible every day and read from a career-related book every 2 days.

I had a schedule ALL worked out for this and I was doing great, until I wasn't.... haha....so here's the new plan. I will read 2 chapters from the Bible every single night after work. There is NO EXCUSE for being able to take half an hour or less every night to read the Word before bed. And every two days, I need to get an hour of reading done. That's just an hour. And I can find time every two days to do that. So I need to have an hour of reading done in Political Confrontations by Wednesday morning. 

Consequence: I must perform a random act of kindness!

5. Every morning, I must post on this battle log: 

1. One positive thing about my body

2. One positive thing about food

3. Three things that I am thankful for

4. Someone in my life that I am going to reach out to (and then actually reach out and either text, Facebook, call, message, etc them)

5. Things I want to accomplish that day

Consequence: I cannot use any social media each day until I complete all of this. 

Thanks for reading! I'm grateful you're here on NF! 

-Snow <3

• Like 3

Pirate Kender Druid, Level 3

1.5 STR | 1 DEX | 1 STA | 7 CON | 3 WIS | 3 CHA

Specializes in flexibility, determination, promoting peace and giggling

Spoiler

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." -Shakespeare

"She loved life and life loved her back."

"It does not take a majority to prevail, only an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

-Samuel Adams

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -Ricky Fitts, American Beauty

"I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him I am nothing." -Sergei Rachmaninoff

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. -Matthew 5:9

1497484_10205139538918185_77413810746580

• Like 1

Spoiler

"It does not take a majority to prevail, only an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

-Samuel Adams

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -Ricky Fitts, American Beauty

"I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him I am nothing." -Sergei Rachmaninoff

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. -Matthew 5:9

Yo. ... I like D.C.

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Today's "morning" post:

1. Body...I love my hair... it is so curly and fun and I've always wanted dark curly hair. I'm very glad that my mom convinced me to cut and layer my insanely long hair when I was 14, and I'm very glad that it is the color it is.

2. Food...I love almonds... they're portable, nutritious, yummy and filling.

3. Three things I'm thankful for: God, rain, and campaigns

4. I wrote a message to my friend Andrea from back home

Things on my to-do list:

1. Finish putting my Halloween costume together

2. E-mail my college advisor

3. E-mail my favorite professor

4. E-mail my mentor

5. Request my absentee ballot

6. Figure out how I'm going to survive on the money I have left until I get home :P

7. Buy groceries

8. Upload pictures from phone to Facebook

Spoiler

-Samuel Adams

Today's "morning" post:

1. Body...I love my hair... it is so curly and fun and I've always wanted dark curly hair. I'm very glad that my mom convinced me to cut and layer my insanely long hair when I was 14, and I'm very glad that it is the color it is.

2. Food...I love almonds... they're portable, nutritious, yummy and filling.

3. Three things I'm thankful for: God, rain, and campaigns

4. I wrote a message to my friend Andrea from back home

Things on my to-do list:

4. E-mail my mentor

6. Figure out how I'm going to survive on the money I have left until I get home :P

7. Buy groceries

Spoiler

-Samuel Adams

Me too! I'm so excited! Love ya, Mama <3

Yo. ... I like D.C.

• Like 1

Spoiler

-Samuel Adams

Spoiler

-Samuel Adams

I am fittin to be in DC for turkey day

• Like 1

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Hi there! Your thread caught my attention because I love the Snow White in Once Upon a Time, and yay, you had pictures of her! Love your goals, and the consequences you have for them. Glad to see you love your curly hair, took me a long time to appreciate my curls. 

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I am fittin to be in DC for turkey day

Yay Mama! I'd move there in January if it happened.

Hi there! Your thread caught my attention because I love the Snow White in Once Upon a Time, and yay, you had pictures of her! Love your goals, and the consequences you have for them. Glad to see you love your curly hair, took me a long time to appreciate my curls. 

Thanks so much, Elastigirl! I've done more comparison/story telling with me and Snow in my challenges, but this one was pretty straight to the point. Thank you for the encouragement! :D

Spoiler

-Samuel Adams

Yay Mama! I'd move there in January if it happened.

Thanks so much, Elastigirl! I've done more comparison/story telling with me and Snow in my challenges, but this one was pretty straight to the point. Thank you for the encouragement! :D

Sad I missed the storytelling. So many awesome people in the Rebellion, wish I could keep up with them all

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

keep me posted... my BFF lives there... and I am no stranger

well... I visit often.... I am strange

• Like 1

Spoiler

Sad I missed the storytelling. So many awesome people in the Rebellion, wish I could keep up with them all

Here is my first story-telling piece, a challenge from last winter:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/42514-snow-white-is-sharpening-her-arrows/

Second story-telling challenge from last winter:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/45247-snow-white-needs-to-heal/

Final story-telling challenge from this summer:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/54199-snowwhites-quest-for-peace/

I know, right?! There's so many wonderful people... I could spend all day reading and writing and conversing with them!!!

Stalking will occur.

In heavy doses.

You'll do great!

Thanks love <3 

ohai~!

Hi gorgeous!!! <3

keep me posted... my BFF lives there... and I am no stranger

well... I visit often.... I am strange

I will, mama!!!! Hahahaha :D

• Like 1

Spoiler

-Samuel Adams

1. Food so far has been 24 almonds.... I calculated my BMR and TDEE on my estimate of how much I weigh right now... my BMR is 1589 and my TDEE

is 2185. 

2. I'm on my first bottle of water out of 6 

3. I don't have time to exercise today

4. I'll have to read when I get home from my date with a boyyyyy <3 SO EXCITED

5. About to do my positives right now :)

1. Body...I love my eyes. They're greenish hazel, and they turn colors, depending on my mood and what I wear. I get a lot of compliments on them.

2. Food...I love my sauteed mixed vegetables.. I made them for my housemate last night and she loved them! They're yummy, filling, and my FAVORITE food in the world.

3. Three things I'm thankful for: my job working on this campaign, all the littles in my family who make my life so sweet, and shiny watches

4. I wrote a sweet FB post on DarkRaven's wall :)

Things (STILL) on my to-do list:

4. E-mail my mentor

6. Withdraw and put money in my WF account

7. Buy groceries

9. Fill up my gas tank

10. Apply for a new job

Spoiler

-Samuel Adams

Good luck on you new adventure Snow!  I too (even though my friends would give me crap about it) love "Once Upon A Time"!

If I had to choose a character I am most like, I have to admit it's Rumple.  My wife agrees :)

I love your Battle Log and will probably have some aspects of it in mine when I finish it.  

Focus on the next chapter of the story you want to write, and get there!  We could use some Snow in DC :)

• Like 1

"The only difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra"

"Always give 100% in everything you do...  unless you're donating blood"

Weight Below 240 Pounds

15.1%
15.1%

Good luck on you new adventure Snow!  I too (even though my friends would give me crap about it) love "Once Upon A Time"!

If I had to choose a character I am most like, I have to admit it's Rumple.  My wife agrees :)

I love your Battle Log and will probably have some aspects of it in mine when I finish it.  

Focus on the next chapter of the story you want to write, and get there!  We could use some Snow in DC :)

Thank you SO much, Keltab! Isn't it AMAZING?!?! I'm so addicted! <3 And I love Rumple! We have a shared grandchild, then :) 

I look forward to seeing your battle log! Thanks so much for the encouragement, and I'm so thrilled to go to D.C. <3 Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Spoiler

-Samuel Adams

I hadn't thought about our grandson  :peaceful:

That's a cool idea, and could start some fun rumors on NF!

I'll let you know when I finish my Battle Log.  I would love to get your feedback on it when it's ready.

• Like 1

"The only difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra"

"Always give 100% in everything you do...  unless you're donating blood"

Weight Below 240 Pounds

15.1%
15.1%

*begins new stalking*

2 Things that might help out.

Water: For me, drinking tons of plain water is impossible. The flavored carbonated stuff, not the sweetened sugar water, but more flavored seltzer water has be a god send for me.

If you like watching Grey's anatomy, why not work it into your workout?

enhanced-buzz-7842-1402697524-14.jpg

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I hadn't thought about our grandson  :peaceful:

That's a cool idea, and could start some fun rumors on NF!

I'll let you know when I finish my Battle Log.  I would love to get your feedback on it when it's ready.

Hahaha right?! Definitely do that! I want to see it :)

*begins new stalking*

2 Things that might help out.

Water: For me, drinking tons of plain water is impossible. The flavored carbonated stuff, not the sweetened sugar water, but more flavored seltzer water has be a god send for me.

If you like watching Grey's anatomy, why not work it into your workout?

enhanced-buzz-7842-1402697524-14.jpg

Thanks so much, friend <3 I really like Perrier and that's been helping me! And omg that is AWESOME! I love it! Thank you!

Spoiler

-Samuel Adams

Thanks so much, friend <3 I really like Perrier and that's been helping me! And omg that is AWESOME! I love it! Thank you!

I do what I can... :-)

Lacroix is good too, they sell a bunch of flavors at Target. I'll buy some of those, and drink a can for each glass of regular water and it helps spread out the expense.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Yesterday: 

I ended up being a little over my calories due to beer because I went ON THE BEST DATE EVER LAST NIGHT <3 and I drank all my water!

Today:

I've eaten ramen noodles and grapes so far... everything is tracked. I haven't started my water, and I think I'm going to try to run tonight. Or maybe tomorrow morning. I'm going to catch up and do my reading tonight. I ended up staying out with Adam until 1am  :D I've done my positives every day!

1. Body: I love my lips! They're full and lush and shaped well, and I love wearing lipstick because it accentuates the shape and they look pretty.

I've also heard that they're nice to kiss  ;)

2. Food: I love fruit; all kinds of fruit! I'm addicted to it.

3. I'm grateful for: smiles, chap stick, and flowers!

4. I wrote a very sweet message on my big sis Michelle's wall :)

• Like 1

Spoiler

-Samuel Adams

So... wow. The prodigal daughter has returned, and my goodness, how different is life from the last time I posted.

Current city: Des Moines, Iowa

Current jobs: Sales Representative at Marketlink, Inc, and Barista at Mars Cafe

I moved home on November 5th when my contract (and the campaign) was over, and I'm living with my parents until I figure out what Congressional office/campaign/firm/PAC/501C4 I'll be working for in January!

I'm enjoying seeing friends and family and my liberty family, who I'm working on shenanigans with. I'm working 40-50 hours a week at Marketlink, and I JUST started at Mars Tuesday, so I don't know how much I'l end up working there, but the tips from that night alone are crazy! My bank account is very happy!

Life is super busy; outside of work, there's not a ton going on. But I am getting my financial house in order, cleaning and sorting through my stuff, and working on some other goals. Here are some things I'm working on:

Daily goals:

1. Eat mostly paleo and within my BMR-TDEE of calories

2. Weigh every Wednesday and lose 2 lb per week (I started this on November 19th, so next week will be my first results weigh-in)

3. Drink 75 oz of water per day

4. Take vitamins and medicine (I have ulcers, horrible canker sores (7 of them), and ear infection right now)

5. Sleep 6 hours and 40 minutes before each Marketlink work day (midnight to 6:40am, Mon-Sat)

6. Brush teeth 2x, floss 1x

7. Read 2 chapters from the Bible

8. Work on room from 30 min-1 hour (clean, sort, toss, launder, organize, pack)

9. Post on this blog daily and do positives

Non-daily goals:

1. Read 30 minutes of a career-oriented book every 2 days

2. Do bodyweight exercises 2x a week, the week beginning on Wednesday

3. Run 3x a week, the week beginning on Wednesday - one run may be replaced with a brisk walk or exercise tape

Other goals that I have been working hard at:

1. Getting my financial house in order - paying off debts, starting savings accounts for different purposes, looking into an LLC license for my independent consulting business, and looking into investing, health insurance, retirement, etc.

2. Spending time with family and friends before I potentially leave again

3. Looking for a better job than at Marketlink - I hate the sales, I hate the job that I'm doing... the leads are horrendous. I was promised that the high commission would make up for the horribly low pay, but almost every phone call is answered by the answering machine, killing my chances for commission. I need to find another full time job that pays more, or a part time job that pays more and lets me work more at Mars.

4. Figure out what I'm doing in January, including a job, where to live, what to take with me, how to transport there, etc.....

5. Work on helping plan one of my best friend/colleague's baby shower with one of our other close friends/colleagues from politics

6. Work on conference I am hosting in late December for the PAC I help run

7. Trying to amass recipes and knowledge about household stuff from Mom before I leave

So... yeah! Here's my week plan:

Bed very soon.....

Saturday: 6:40 wake up, 7:40 leave, 8-2 Marketlink, 2:30-9ish Mars cafe, chilling out tomorrow night

Sunday: Hunger Games movie with Dad, Mars Cafe shift from 1:30-9:30

Monday: Marketlink from 8-5:30

Tuesday: Marketlink from 7-11, run at 11:30, shower, lunch, Marketlink from 4-8

Wednesday: (WEIGH DAY!) Marketlink from 7-11, bodyweight exercises, shower, lunch, Marketlink from 4-8, Bible study until 9

Thursday: THANKSGIVING <3 Possibly working at Mars in the morning, then DINNER AND GAMES AND EATING AND LAUGHING AND JOKING AND BABY SNUGGLING AND HUGS ALL DAY! BEST DAY EVER!

Friday: Marketlink from 8-5:30

Saturday: Marketlink from 8-5:30

Sunday: Mars from 1:30-9:30

And here are a bunch of things I need to do: 

1. E-mail David F

2. Settle ER bill

3. E-mail Mark Herr

4. E-mail RPC

5. Message Adil

6. Call Chase 

7. Pay Chase bill

8. Submit time off to Schedulefly

9. Make bodyweight exercise regimen

10. Apply for 3 jobs at Formaro restaurants

11. Post resume on Indeed.com

12. Check if healthcare plan is valid in D.C.

13. Check in with KaLeigh and Craig about D.C. housing opportunities

14. Call Wal-Mart about contacts

15. Get proof of insurance from Dad

16. Finish applying to Uber

17. Find tax expert to discuss LLC with

18. Check with Sarah, Michelle, Kelsey about get together time

19. Meet with Michelle about baby shower details

20. Cook brussel sprouts before they go bad

21. Buy organizer for home "savings accounts"

22. Buy organizer for recipes

23. Check with Momma Donna, Aashley and Sissy about Elf night

24. Buy makeup removers and dry shampoo

25. Post loft bed on Facebook

26. Pick up coat from dry cleaners

27. Buy glasses

28. Buy Lularoe dress

29. Buy refill papers for my daily planner

Spoiler

-Samuel Adams

Herrrro everyone!

How's it going? Life has been crazy... here's a little update on me! I've been working two jobs, my full-time one which I hate, and my part-time one which I love. 

Here's an update on my goals:

Daily goals:

1. Eat mostly paleo and within my BMR-TDEE of calories - this isn't happening... this needs to happen starting tomorrow.

2. Weigh every Wednesday and lose 2 lb per week (I started this on November 19th, so next week will be my first results weigh-in) - I did weigh last Wednesday....

3. Drink 75 oz of water per day -not happening

4. Take vitamins and medicine (I have ulcers, horrible canker sores (7 of them), and ear infection right now) - not happening... I need to organize my pills.

5. Sleep 6 hours and 40 minutes before each Marketlink work day (midnight to 6:40am, Mon-Sat) - happening sometimes

6. Brush teeth 2x, floss 1x - yes

7. Read 2 chapters from the Bible - about to happen tonight

8. Work on room from 30 min-1 hour (clean, sort, toss, launder, organize, pack) - about to happen tonight

9. Post on this blog daily and do positives - yup

Non-daily goals:

1. Read 30 minutes of a career-oriented book every 2 days

2. Do bodyweight exercises 2x a week, the week beginning on Wednesday

3. Run 3x a week, the week beginning on Wednesday - one run may be replaced with a brisk walk or exercise tape

Other goals that I have been working hard at:

1. Getting my financial house in order - paying off debts, starting savings accounts for different purposes, looking into an LLC license for my independent consulting business, and looking into investing, health insurance, retirement, etc.

2. Spending time with family and friends before I potentially leave again

3. Looking for a better job than at Marketlink - I hate the sales, I hate the job that I'm doing... the leads are horrendous. I was promised that the high commission would make up for the horribly low pay, but almost every phone call is answered by the answering machine, killing my chances for commission. I need to find another full time job that pays more, or a part time job that pays more and lets me work more at Mars.

4. Figure out what I'm doing in January, including a job, where to live, what to take with me, how to transport there, etc.....

5. Work on helping plan one of my best friend/colleague's baby shower with one of our other close friends/colleagues from politics

6. Work on conference I am hosting in late December for the PAC I help run

7. Trying to amass recipes and knowledge about household stuff from Mom before I leave

Update on stuff I need to do:

1. E-mail David F

2. Settle ER bill

3. E-mail Mark Herr

4. E-mail RPC

5. Message Adil

6. Call Chase 

7. Pay Chase bill

8. Submit time off to Schedulefly

9. Make bodyweight exercise regimen

10. Apply for 3 jobs at Formaro restaurants

11. Post resume on Indeed.com

12. Check if healthcare plan is valid in D.C.

13. Check in with KaLeigh and Craig about D.C. housing opportunities

14. Call Wal-Mart about contacts

15. Get proof of insurance from Dad

16. Finish applying to Uber

17. Find tax expert to discuss LLC with

18. Check with Sarah, Michelle, Kelsey about get together time

19. Meet with Michelle about baby shower details

20. Cook brussel sprouts before they go bad

21. Buy organizer for home "savings accounts"

22. Buy organizer for recipes

23. Check with Momma Donna, Aashley and Sissy about Elf night

24. Buy makeup removers and dry shampoo

25. Post loft bed on Facebook

26. Pick up coat from dry cleaners

27. Buy glasses

28. Buy Lularoe dress

29. Buy refill papers for my daily planner

30. Organize pills

31. Catalog finances

32. Plan baby shower

33. Contact insurance for more proof of insurance

34. Apply to La James

Spoiler

-Samuel Adams