Awesome detail in your goals list. As G.I. Joe said "knowing is half the battle"! You look like you know what you want for sure so keep going after it with a vengeance!

Thank you so much! Your encouragement really means a lot :)

• Like 1

Pirate Kender Druid, Level 3

1.5 STR | 1 DEX | 1 STA | 7 CON | 3 WIS | 3 CHA

Specializes in flexibility, determination, promoting peace and giggling

Spoiler

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." -Shakespeare

"She loved life and life loved her back."

"It does not take a majority to prevail, only an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

-Samuel Adams

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -Ricky Fitts, American Beauty

"I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him I am nothing." -Sergei Rachmaninoff

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. -Matthew 5:9

4. Take vitamins and medicine (I have ulcers, horrible canker sores (7 of them), and ear infection right now) - not happening... I need to organize my pills.

Not doing too bad here myself, working on my own goals for the gym at the moment. Turns out they're a bit harder than imagined, mainly the details that are getting me.

Regarding this goal and ulcers(assuming stomach ones), I've had good luck with taking L-Glutamine. It helps rebuild your stomach lining and deal with H. Pylori bacteria which is responsible for stomach ulcers.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Hey Snow!  Long time, sorry for not checking in sooner.  I went for the Challenge instead of a daily Battle Log.  Doing okay so far.

Sounds like you have things lined up - now just to convince yourself to actually get them done!  I know the feeling  :rolleyes-new:

Keep your long-term goals in your thoughts - and remember that the little stuff can all lead to your big goals!  I am working on an iPad spreadsheet that I fill each day, checking off my little goals.  At the top will be my big goals - just as a friendly reminder.  Maybe something like that would help you?  I am also printing a poster that has all of my "bucket list" things I want to do, and what it will take to get there.  

And remember - if you don't want to do it for you - do it for our grandson!

"The only difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra"

"Always give 100% in everything you do...  unless you're donating blood"

Weight Below 240 Pounds

15.1%
15.1%

Well I'm going to be more active on this site so I will make sure to keep stopping by.

I hope you do, and I hope things are going well for you, Lanithroe! Your name is really badass, btw.

Not doing too bad here myself, working on my own goals for the gym at the moment. Turns out they're a bit harder than imagined, mainly the details that are getting me.

Regarding this goal and ulcers(assuming stomach ones), I've had good luck with taking L-Glutamine. It helps rebuild your stomach lining and deal with H. Pylori bacteria which is responsible for stomach ulcers.

Thanks for the advice, insanity! They are stomach ulcers.

Hey Snow!  Long time, sorry for not checking in sooner.  I went for the Challenge instead of a daily Battle Log.  Doing okay so far.

Sounds like you have things lined up - now just to convince yourself to actually get them done!  I know the feeling  :rolleyes-new:

Keep your long-term goals in your thoughts - and remember that the little stuff can all lead to your big goals!  I am working on an iPad spreadsheet that I fill each day, checking off my little goals.  At the top will be my big goals - just as a friendly reminder.  Maybe something like that would help you?  I am also printing a poster that has all of my "bucket list" things I want to do, and what it will take to get there.  

And remember - if you don't want to do it for you - do it for our grandson!

Hey friend! :) Yeah, that's definitely the issue. Life has been crazy recently, and I've not done very well on my goals. But I am hitting the reset button this week, and starting fresh tomorrow! I'm about to post all my goals on here, and I'm trying to figure out an organizational method... I could make a spreadsheet on Google Docs like I've done before, but sometimes it doesn't work because it's very easy to ignore.... and just let die in my Google Drive....

I've thought about going old school and having a cool journal that I carry everywhere...and have a page for each day, and write everything down throughout the day.... food, exercise, water, things I accomplish.

Another option would be to print out sheets that have blanks for me to fill out... and keep them in a file? I don't know what the answer is. I'll have to mull it over more.

Spoiler

"It does not take a majority to prevail, only an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

-Samuel Adams

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -Ricky Fitts, American Beauty

"I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him I am nothing." -Sergei Rachmaninoff

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. -Matthew 5:9

So here's an update on my life recently:

At 2:45, I am going to accept a job at La'james International School of Beauty!!! I am the newest admissions counselor... I'll be going to high schools and job fairs, etc, to find prospective students, calling and e-mailing people to set up appointments to meet with them, take them on a tour of the college, go over financial aid with them. I'm so excited about working there and quitting my current full time job! Not only is my current full time job awful and annoying and frustrating (I'm selling cable, internet and phone), there are WAY too many rules for this libertarian, and I don't make much. My new job is at least $5 more an hour!!!!!

So I'm quitting my old job today! Tomorrow will be my last day, and I'll continue working as a barista at the best local coffee shop on weekends. I'm so excited to get out of my current job, make more money, and get closer to my financial goals! That's what is really exciting right now in my life. I'm really enjoying paying off debts, making good purchases, saving up for things I really need or am excited about. It's easy to be stressed about how many bills I have or how much money I need to make everything happen, but I'm doing really well at focusing on the positive.

Here are the goals that I want to focus on tomorrow and for the indefinite future:

1. Eat between my BMR and TDEE of paleo food.

2. Drink 6 glasses of water before I drink anything else each day (specifically alcohol).

3. Track everything on MFP (I'm Politicosnow if anyone wants to add me).

4. Take my pills in the morning, afternoon, and at night.

5. Weigh and re-calculate my BMR and TDEE every Thursday.

6. Sleep 6 hours each night.

7. Do bodyweight exercises twice a week.

8. Do cardio twice a week.

9. Do yoga once a week.

10. Log everything into this battle log daily, along with another form of tracking, TBD.

11. Read 2 chapters of the Bible daily.

12. Read 1 hour of intelligent reading every 2 days (or 2 half hour days in a row).

13. Write 1 political op-ed per month.

14. Try a new recipe every 2 weeks.

I realize that this is a lot to ask of myself, but no one ever achieved greatness by striving for mediocrity. I need to learn how to be frustrated and keep going, as well. I usually feel like I'm not achieving 100% of my goals, and then get upset, and quit. I can't do that this time. I can't remain this version of Snow, because I know what the future Snow can be like. I know I will struggle and I know that I will fall short of this, but I won't be content striving for anything less than this.

Here's a bodyweight regimen I'm going to start out with.... let me know if you have any suggestions.

*10 min of warm-up stretches

*15 lunges per side

*15 DB rows per side

* 30 second plank

*20 squats

*15 walking lunges per side

*15 DB rows per side

*30 second wall sit

*At least 15 min of stretching, yoga, tumbling

So I guess the big question is... journal, pre-printed sheets to fill out, or Google Docs again? I'm thinking journal.

Spoiler

-Samuel Adams

Thanks for the advice, insanity! They are stomach ulcers.

NP... let me know if you have any questions about em. I did a ton of research after I went through two rounds of Prev-Pacs from the doctor and they didn't do anything. Been pain free for a couple years now...

So here's an update on my life recently:

At 2:45, I am going to accept a job at La'james International School of Beauty!!! I am the newest admissions counselor... I'll be going to high schools and job fairs, etc, to find prospective students, calling and e-mailing people to set up appointments to meet with them, take them on a tour of the college, go over financial aid with them. I'm so excited about working there and quitting my current full time job! Not only is my current full time job awful and annoying and frustrating (I'm selling cable, internet and phone), there are WAY too many rules for this libertarian, and I don't make much. My new job is at least $5 more an hour!!!!!

So I'm quitting my old job today! Tomorrow will be my last day, and I'll continue working as a barista at the best local coffee shop on weekends. I'm so excited to get out of my current job, make more money, and get closer to my financial goals! That's what is really exciting right now in my life. I'm really enjoying paying off debts, making good purchases, saving up for things I really need or am excited about. It's easy to be stressed about how many bills I have or how much money I need to make everything happen, but I'm doing really well at focusing on the positive.

Here are the goals that I want to focus on tomorrow and for the indefinite future:

1. Eat between my BMR and TDEE of paleo food.

2. Drink 6 glasses of water before I drink anything else each day (specifically alcohol).

3. Track everything on MFP (I'm Politicosnow if anyone wants to add me).

4. Take my pills in the morning, afternoon, and at night.

5. Weigh and re-calculate my BMR and TDEE every Thursday.

6. Sleep 6 hours each night.

7. Do bodyweight exercises twice a week.

8. Do cardio twice a week.

9. Do yoga once a week.

10. Log everything into this battle log daily, along with another form of tracking, TBD.

11. Read 2 chapters of the Bible daily.

12. Read 1 hour of intelligent reading every 2 days (or 2 half hour days in a row).

13. Write 1 political op-ed per month.

14. Try a new recipe every 2 weeks.

I realize that this is a lot to ask of myself, but no one ever achieved greatness by striving for mediocrity. I need to learn how to be frustrated and keep going, as well. I usually feel like I'm not achieving 100% of my goals, and then get upset, and quit. I can't do that this time. I can't remain this version of Snow, because I know what the future Snow can be like. I know I will struggle and I know that I will fall short of this, but I won't be content striving for anything less than this.

Here's a bodyweight regimen I'm going to start out with.... let me know if you have any suggestions.

*10 min of warm-up stretches

*15 lunges per side

*15 DB rows per side

* 30 second plank

*20 squats

*15 walking lunges per side

*15 DB rows per side

*30 second wall sit

*At least 15 min of stretching, yoga, tumbling

So I guess the big question is... journal, pre-printed sheets to fill out, or Google Docs again? I'm thinking journal.

Good to hear, I hear ya about the rules and glad you could get another step in the right direction.

I'd say a journal so you can just write about whatever...

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I've decided on a journal! I'll show you what it will consist of... here's today's so far, for example.

12-11-14 - last day at Marketlink (or whatever makes the day noteworthy)

Weight (only if it's a Thursday), 11:30am (when I weighed) -  BMR - TDEE (calculated on Thursday as well)

Sleep last night: 4/6 hours (6 is the goal)

Pills: (then three boxes that I can check to signify taking morning, afternoon, and evening pills)

Water: (six boxes to signify 6 glasses of water)

Exercise: BW BW C C Y (this allows me to keep track of how many sessions I have left for the week)

(Empty space to describe the work out that happened)

Bible: (books read today) Ruth 3 and 4

Verse:

Two lines to write a favorite verse from that day's reading

Intelligent Reading: A Foreign Policy

Op-ed:       Recipe: (a space to give updates on either of those if I would like)

MFP: (signifying whether I have fully tracked everything on MFP by the end of the day)

Battle log: (signifying whether I have made an entry on here)

3 things: God, rain, campaigns (three things I'm thankful for)

Person: Kari (someone I have reached out to by a text, Facebook message, post, etc, saying hi or something nice)

Food:

Tracking all my food and whatever else I feel like saying

Spoiler

-Samuel Adams

Dude I see you posting on Fb. ... get your heiny back to nf

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Dude I see you posting on Fb. ... get your heiny back to nf

you still on fb... 

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move