There and back again

So I am back. I joined up a couple of years ago, did a couple of challenges, made some progress, and then moved cities a couple of times and jobs a couple of times, put 20kgs back on, and now am ready to come back into the Nerd rank and sort my shit out.

Time to cut out soda and lazy eating, and put some effort back into looking after myself.

As a vet nurse, I work a lot of crazy long hours and night shifts, but at least I am back in a physical job after working in office jobs for the last two years, which will definitely help. 

So I am back amongst the guild, looking for guidance, tips, and most of all, support and accountability.

Howdy folks :)

My blog

Vet Nurse as is veterinary or veteran?  As a former veterinary tech that had to do fairly frequent overnights I can relate so well.  I'd say do bicep curls starting with dachsunds, back squats with labradors, and deadlifts with great danes, and some jiu jitsu training in trying to get cats in carriers when you're doing overnights;^D  Does your clinic do large room or outdoor socialization time during overnights?  We used to do that, when possible, and I always felt like I got a workout from that.

Vet Nurse as is veterinary or veteran?  As a former veterinary tech that had to do fairly frequent overnights I can relate so well.  I'd say do bicep curls starting with dachsunds, back squats with labradors, and deadlifts with great danes, and some jiu jitsu training in trying to get cats in carriers when you're doing overnights;^D  Does your clinic do large room or outdoor socialization time during overnights?  We used to do that, when possible, and I always felt like I got a workout from that.

Yep veterinary :) Doing a slink walk with a mastiff does feel like doing deadlifts for sure... :)

Unfortunately we just walk everyone individually - no group socialization - plus its emergency care so most of them are too critical for any of that. Dealing with some of them is definitely its own workout though. 

Shift work is tough for making routines but Im sure I can sort something out :)

My blog