IMDB nerds

Or rather... who has a strong reaction to recognizing an actor?  On the inverse, who watches shows because the actor they like is in it?

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

I almost always have IMDB open when watching TV shows.  Mainly because it bugs the holy heck out of me if I see someone and can't place where I recognize them.  As far as a show just because of an actor, not really.  Now director on the other hand, I'm a huge Joss Whedon fan, so yeah.

Level 1 - Were-gator

STR .8 | STA 3.1 | DEX .9 | CON .7 | WIS 2 | CHA .9

1st Challenge

Main goal - 12/15/14 - Get to 175 pounds from 195 pounds.  Currently at 184.5

52.5%
52.5%

No soda challenge - 12/15/14 - 99 days and counting to 180.

55%
55%

"Stop beating yourself up.  You are a work in progress; which means you get there a little at a time, not all at once." - unknown

I am usually awful with actor names, so I use imdb when I recognise a face or voice.

"Hey, thats the guy from X movie, what was his name again?"

Lvl 4 Dragonborn (Dungeons and Dragons not Skyrim) Warrior

STR:8.5 DEX:3 STA:10.5 CON:7.5 WIS:5 CHA:4

MyFitnessPal (Looking for NerdFitness PPL)

Current Challenge

Completed:PMyrrh's Viking Winter PMyrrh's Path of the Persevering Paladin Brazen and Unabashed 5 minute Spartan Plank 50/50 Squats

COLD ASS VIKING CHALLENGE: 30/30

100%
100%

I admit a get a little joy from recognizing someone unexpected. I don't follow any specific actor(s), but I do look for genres and there are some actors I really like.

Calorie Counting/ Nutrition Tracking for a year on MyFitnessPal+Fitbit One (365 days = .27% per day, Day 74):

19.98%
19.98%

New Year's Resolution - Healthy Weight/BMI for Summer (June 1st, Get to about 130 lbs/22 BMI approx. in 152 days/21 weeks starting from 153 lbs = 4.35% per pound, currently 142):

47.85%
47.85%

Graduate Culinary School {20% per section: F.O.H. ( A ), Hot Foods ( C ), Garde Manger [Cold Foods], Bakeshop, Test}     Passed Certifications: ServSafe, Management

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

Intro  Challenges: 1 2 Reset 3

It bugs the hell outta my wife when I say "Hey that person was on Star Trek" or "BSG" or "Sons of Anarchy", then hit iMDB to prove I'm right!!!

I also hit the b-day list and post mostly all main & secondary charcters in all Star Trek (except JJTrek) series.  Then on my b-day I always share the cool ones who share it w/ me.

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

Once I've seen an actor in 2 or more things that I like them in, I'll start paying attention/watching something because they're in it. Watching a lot of fantasty/sci-fi/comic book genre titles, I'm also regularly surprised how many of the same faces keep popping up, even when they're not that good *cough cough Robbie Amell cough cough*. 

As for having IMDB up regularly, guilty! My iPhone is constantly out when we're watching a show. Once I think I recognize someone, it drives me crazy until I can place them.

Level 2 Human Hero (in training) 
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke

Current Challenge

1st Challenge

Twitter | Instagram

Once I've seen an actor in 2 or more things that I like them in, I'll start paying attention/watching something because they're in it. Watching a lot of fantasty/sci-fi/comic book genre titles, I'm also regularly surprised how many of the same faces keep popping up, even when they're not that good *cough cough Robbie Amell cough cough*. 

As for having IMDB up regularly, guilty! My iPhone is constantly out when we're watching a show. Once I think I recognize someone, it drives me crazy until I can place them.

A lot of the stuff I like tends to share actors.  Star Trek with Warehouse 13, Warehouse 13 with Eureka and Supernatural... (Need to do that actor allusion crossover between Eureka and Warehouse 13.)  Not that into BBC titles, but both guys from Sherlock had roles in the Hobbit movie, and I annoyed my mom by pointing out the trolls  were almost Vogons.

• Like 1

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

I don't do IMDB, but I do enjoy hunting for actors and actresses from other shows (TBBT, Mythbusters, The Office)... Not too long ago I saw Stewart from TBBT in another show, though I now can't remember the show.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I don't do IMDB, but I do enjoy hunting for actors and actresses from other shows (TBBT, Mythbusters, The Office)... Not too long ago I saw Stewart from TBBT in another show, though I now can't remember the show.

I love finding other actors and actresses from other shows too. It feels like grown up Where's Waldo (though 1st edition of that series had some interesting things hidden in) in a way.

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

I think he's one of those character actors that's been in a million projects, but you can never quite remember which ones lol. Now that I'm thinking about it, the only thing I can remember him from (outside of TBBT) is his small role in the movie Hitch. Which he nailed.

Level 2 Human Hero (in training) 
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke

Current Challenge

1st Challenge

Twitter | Instagram

I think he's one of those character actors that's been in a million projects, but you can never quite remember which ones lol. Now that I'm thinking about it, the only thing I can remember him from (outside of TBBT) is his small role in the movie Hitch. Which he nailed.

So i got curious and decided to see if I could jog my memory as to where I saw him.... Made of Honor was the movie...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)