Dragon Age Inquisition

I've only played the first. It's not often that I nerd our with a game more than I did with building the group alogorithms in this one. Hours and hours spent optimizing. Took me back to my macro building days for my Paladin tank in WoW where all I had to do was conitnuouly scroll the mouse wheel back and forth to put out more agro than anyone could keep up with.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Oh man, great games. A lot of people hated on DA2 but I thought it was decent. If you're just getting started I recommend the mage class. Nuke, loot, /gg. 

Yeah, I remember all the hate for DA2....it was rushed, not nearly as good as Origin, etc. The problem is, I'm a completionist type....can't play Inquisition until I play the first two. No big deal for me, picked both up awhile back together in a super cheap Steam deal. Now I just need to find the time for both of those, Inquisition, and play both Witcher games before Witcher 3 comes out in February.

• Like 2

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

I've only played the first. It's not often that I nerd our with a game more than I did with building the group alogorithms in this one. Hours and hours spent optimizing. Took me back to my macro building days for my Paladin tank in WoW where all I had to do was conitnuouly scroll the mouse wheel back and forth to put out more agro than anyone could keep up with.

They've destroyed WoW. I played from Vanilla to about 6 months ago. I have to say though that was probably the best part of that game was trying to eek out that little smidge of DPS to seperate you from everyone else...that's not the case at all now. It's almost as bad as Diablo anymore.

Yeah, I remember all the hate for DA2....it was rushed, not nearly as good as Origin, etc. The problem is, I'm a completionist type....can't play Inquisition until I play the first two. No big deal for me, picked both up awhile back together in a super cheap Steam deal. Now I just need to find the time for both of those, Inquisition, and play both Witcher games before Witcher 3 comes out in February.

Never played any of the Witcher games. Are they worth it?

I am so excited I'm taking a couple of days off work to play it. ;;;;; (I was going to take the full week off but I have a project that needs to get done before the weekend, so I'm going into work on Thursday to do that, poo.)

For the DA2 thing... I loved it personally. Yeah, the story wasn't as strong, but there was a charm about it I actually quite enjoyed, something beyond the much much better combat system and sarcastic!Hawke. Maybe it was Isabela. ... yeah, putting my money on Isabela here. :D

I haven't really decided my character yet. The only romance option I'm really interested in is Dorian and I don't like playing men plus I want to play a mage because of the hat (shutup) so it would seem superfluous but idkkkkkkkkk. To round out my personal canon protagonists (Origins was a dwarf rogue, DA2 was a human warrior) I'm tempted to go elf mage but we'll see. It may be a complete spur of the moment decision. :lol:

• Like 3

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

I got Da:O when it was free recently (beat the game on xbox a few years back) and hoping to pick up the new one probably within the next few months. Skipping Da:2 though, I did the free trial and hated it plus heard bad reviews from my friends who played it, so not wasting my money on the full game.

This too, shall pass.

I really enjoyed both 1 and 2, but 2 is obviously a very different kind of game and I can see why it disappointed a lot of people.  Repeating locations wasn't great, and the approach to equipment was pretty shallow.  But I liked the characters - a lot of very memorable characters, and I liked the interrogation framing device.  I also liked the player character being an ordinary guy/girl struggling to scratch a living rather than being someone with a DESTINY to SAVE THE WORLD.  The most frustrating thing I remember was being forced to fight a group/faction/movement who emerged towards the end of the game who I thought had the right idea and who I'd like to have had my hero join.  Nope, just kill them all.  Won't say more than that in case of spoilers, but those who've played it might know what I mean.

I'd love to play DA:I, but I think I'll be waiting until the price comes down, the bugs get fixed, and any DLC emerges.  I've bought lots of games (and DLC) in Steam sales that I've not played yet, never mind finished.  But I'm looking on it as a positive that I have more games that I want to play than I have time to play them in.

• Like 2

Level 4 Human Adventurer / Level 4 Scout, couch to 5k graduate, six time marathon finisher.

Spoiler

Current 5k Personal Best: 22:00 / 21:23 / 21:13 / 21:09 / 20:55 / 20:25 (4th July 17)

Current 5 mile PB: 36:41 35:27 34:52 (10th May 17)

Current 10k PB: 44:58 44:27 44:07 44:06 43:50 (29th June 17)

Current Half Marathon PB: 1:41:54 1:38:24 1:37:47 1:37:41 (14th June 15)

Current Marathon PB: 3:39:34 3:29:49 (10th April 16)

Never played any of the Witcher games. Are they worth it?

Just playing through the first one now and I'm loving it. It is actually getting more attention than DA:O from me right now. The combat system isn't for everyone and the game does kind of show it's age, but the story, the darkness of the game, the adult themed nature of all of it, plus I'm preferring the solo play vs group play at the moment.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

I logged about 3 hours between yesterday and this morning into it. I'm still feeling a bit newb to it all honestly. I like that there are a lot of different things you can do and that gathering has really been made an emphasis in this game. I haven't really given the whole "Tactical Combat" system a go, but I also played all of the games on Xbox, which never had that. I think once I get used to the game and get in depth to that it will be a great change from the character scrolling and trying to play all 4 characters at once in a big fight or just playing the tank and hoping you've got your dps auto rotation right for the computer controlled characters lol

I got to play it for a few hours last night and my husband was making fun of me for staying on the character creation screen for an hour. A literal hour. LOL. But I am playing mine on the PS4 and I was mostly amazed by how good it looks. The fire and ice in the prologue are really awesome. 

I rolled a mage, then a rogue with a bow. I'm not sold on the class changes they've pulled on the mages but I may just need to play it a bit more. I like the archer though, especially for the shooting while moving. I spent around an hour total on making my two characters though. I would have spent longer but my wife came home and I thought it might be weird having her watch me meticulously move around cheek bones, foreheads, lip sizes, nose shapes and ear height. 

• Like 1

I rolled a mage, then a rogue with a bow. I'm not sold on the class changes they've pulled on the mages but I may just need to play it a bit more. I like the archer though, especially for the shooting while moving. I spent around an hour total on making my two characters though. I would have spent longer but my wife came home and I thought it might be weird having her watch me meticulously move around cheek bones, foreheads, lip sizes, nose shapes and ear height. 

LOL!  I try to make mine not look so awkward but I guess it doesn't matter because there will always be something weird about their faces . My husband, on the other hand, will try to make his character look as goofy or creepy as possible. He puts a creep pencil mustache on his Commander Shepard's on Mass Effect. 

I decided to stray from my usual Human race and went with a Dwarf Dual-wielding Rogue. I almost went the a female Qunari but maybe next play-through. :)

Rising Heroes Faction: HAVIK 

Fitbit | Art Page | Instagram

LOL!  I try to make mine not look so awkward but I guess it doesn't matter because there will always be something weird about their faces . My husband, on the other hand, will try to make his character look as goofy or creepy as possible. He puts a creep pencil mustache on his Commander Shepard's on Mass Effect. 

I decided to stray from my usual Human race and went with a Dwarf Dual-wielding Rogue. I almost went the a female Qunari but maybe next play-through. :)

The Qunari remind me to much of the Draeni in WoW...and that just makes me want to avoid them entirely. I hated that race so much. 

I really loved Origins it's one of my favourite games (not sure if top five but at least top ten) also enjoyed  Dragon Age 2 mainly for the characters not so much for the game itself.

For Inquisition, I din't really cared about it till last week, I watched a 4 hour life stream and got a bit hyped and started to read some infos and reviews. And to be honest the two positive things that are still there ,for me, is that Cassandra has scars on her face and having more races again... so I will save the money and try to get a copie of Baldurs Gate or give Skyrim a seconde chance instead and just buying a secondhand version next year.

By the way is someone here playing it on PS 3?

so much of DA reminds me of wow. watching some of the reviews and all i can think is "this looks like world of warcraft with slightly more realistic graphics". 

That game ruined me for so many others.

Vanilla and BC practically ruined my life. I had worked at a gym for around a year and a half and had been lifting for close to two years, was really getting those stabilizer muscles and everything really defined, looking great. Decided I wanted to finish up my college degree so I stopped working there and went to work part time at a factory and going to college and was still lifting. About that time WoW first came out and me and around 6 other guys that I'm friends with started a guild and played it all the way through Pandaria, that's when I finally quit. Now I'm fat and way way out of shape with nothing really to show for it. I would hate to know how many calories and hours I racked up from that game. 

Lindsey Stirling, moderately well known performing violinist and nerd, did a cover of Inquisition's theme, very well made video too. I think the video on youtube is just called "Lindsey Stirling-Dragon Age" for anyone wanting to check it out.

• Like 4

Lvl 4 Dragonborn (Dungeons and Dragons not Skyrim) Warrior

STR:8.5 DEX:3 STA:10.5 CON:7.5 WIS:5 CHA:4

MyFitnessPal (Looking for NerdFitness PPL)

Current Challenge

Completed:PMyrrh's Viking Winter PMyrrh's Path of the Persevering Paladin Brazen and Unabashed 5 minute Spartan Plank 50/50 Squats

COLD ASS VIKING CHALLENGE: 30/30

100%
100%