New to the Forums

Hello everyone! I've been around the Nerd Fitness for a year or 2, but this is my first time on the forums. 

I was in shape all throughout grade school, mostly due to athletic involvement, but once college hit, I gained the infamous freshman 40 and everything went downhill from there. I've tried a few times within the last few years to get into better shape, with one time leading to a little bit of success, but have fallen off the wagon each time. I have joined the forum for some accountability. Whenever I start working out, I have the drive to stay healthy and work out, but as time goes on, I cave. That's why I'm here on the forum. I feel like if I can keep myself involved and around on the NF site, I'll be more likely to push through where I've failed in the past.

I recently moved from Texas to Nashville, TN. Since moving is a good time for life changes, I figured it would be a good time to get my health in order as well. I started working out again just a couple of days ago, Right now I'm doing a modified lighter version of the advanced bodyweight workout. I've got good drive and know how to push myself when I work out, one good thing I learned from athletics in HS. I'm somewhere between 300-320 pounds at the moment. Looking to get to a muscular 250-260.

On to the other stuff... :)

I'm not much of a gamer, but have been enjoying the app based Ingress. Other than that, the times I've been around a proper gaming system, I'd have to say that Assassin's Creed is my favorite. My real passion is music. I 've played music the majority of my life and play several instruments (Thus me moving to Nashville). I'll listen to most anything, but enjoy folk and indie/alternative, and most recently, ambient/post-rock music. 

I look forward to the community here and getting in shape!!!

Welcome! I joined the forums for accountability too, and it's working so far! The six-week challenge has been an excellent way to find other people with the same goals and mutually encourage each other to awesomeness. You can do this!!

Level 5 Human Assassin

Current Challenge: x

Previous Challenges: 4 3 2 1

"Iron Man's got a suit, and the Hulk's pretty strong. And Thor he's like a god, and me I'm just a guy... Just a regular guy in a not so regular world. What's a man to do when I know I'm just a regular guy in a not so regular world?...They're like 'Yo, ain't you that Hawkguy dude?' And I'm like, Nah, you got me confused."

- from "Hawkguy", Adam WarRock