November 20, 2014

I'm beginning this log for myself. I keep track of my workouts in a pen and paper binder that I carry around the gym with me and I will be entering them here at the end of each week. I don't feel like jumping into the 6 week challenges until next year, as I'm going to be very busy until then.

I am 5'10 and, as of yesterday's weigh-in, 213lbs.

These are my current goals:

Weight Goal 1: 200lbs

Weight Goal 2: 190lbs

Weight Goal 3: 180lbs

Strength Goal 1: Bench Press 5x5 275lbs

Strength Goal 2: Squat 5x5 315lbs

Strength Goal 3: Deadlift 1RM 405lbs

I want to minimize strength loss in my upper body, and actually attempt to make gains if I can during the weight loss process. I haven't lifted using my legs in several months due to injury, so I expect to make gains there, as I am dropping the weight significantly from what I was formally able to do.

I am eating at a caloric deficit that should cause me to lose 1lb of fat per week. I use myfitnesspal to track my calories and I'm currently becoming familiar again with StrongLifts 5x5 following my completion of physical therapy. I had completed 12 weeks of SL previously and had become quite powerful.

I'll link myfitnesspal in my signature, as I'm currently most active there for the tracking and the facebook-like social aspect. The forum discussions here seem a lot more informed and intelligent. There seems to be less garbage to filter through to get to facts and methods that work.

Currently I am prioritizing my weight loss goals over the strength gains. When I get larger muscles, I want to see them in their veiny, striated glory.

I am leaving on vacation tomorrow for 10 days and likely won't make another entry until then. Realistically, I expect to be heavier because it will be harder to train and I am allowing myself to indulge on Thanksgiving. I will, however, make time for running, walking, and some body weight exercises while I am out of town.

Until next time,

Broshi

Kame House Training Log

myfitnesspal

The Road to ONEderland

51%
51%

Starting Weight: 250lbs

Current Weight 12/01/14: 224.4lbs

December 1, 2014

I will, however, make time for running, walking, and some body weight exercises while I am out of town.

Yeah that didn't happen. I ate and drank a lot, and barely moved from the couch. I pretty much sat on my butt playing Pokemon Omega Ruby while being waited on by my in-laws. I drank a lot of sugary drinks and a decent amount of wine and beer. As of this morning, I am 224.4lbs up 11.0lbs from the 213.4lb that I logged on November 19. I know that I am carrying a lot of water and other excess weight. I am going for a walk tonight and the gym tomorrow and will be following my goals on myfitnesspal. I will weigh-in again on Wednesday morning and once more on Friday. By Friday morning, I should have 2 walks and 2 trips to the gym under my belt as well as 4 days of eating within my nutrition goals. I plan out the week as follows:

Workout Routine - Week of 12/1/14

Monday: 30 minute walk around the neighborhood

Tuesday: Gym - 2.5 miles or the calories needed to stay under my goal on Elliptical Trainer, whichever is greater + StrongLifts 5x5 A Day

Wednesday: 30 minute walk around the neighborhood

Thursday Gym - 2.5 miles or the calories needed to stay under my goal on Elliptical Trainer, whichever is greater + StrongLifts 5x5 B Day

Friday - Rest Day

Saturday - 2.5 miles on Elliptical Trainer + StrongLifts 5x5 A Day

Sunday - Rest/Report Day

Let's see what happens.

Broshi

Kame House Training Log

myfitnesspal

The Road to ONEderland

51%
51%

Starting Weight: 250lbs