Hi there, everyone in Nerd Fitness land. My name's Jeffiner, and I'm a 30 something from NY State. I work 50 hours a week (at a desk), and am a full time online student (also involving a desk).

Why am I here? Because I NEED to be healthier. It's not a want anymore, it's a need. I'm so sick of my victim mentality.
"Oh, I can't lose weight, I have PCOS." Well you know what? PCOS is not going to rule me anymore. This is my rebellion against my arch-nemesis - my mind. I'll be battling against negativity and a victim mentality. 

It's going to be a long hard battle, as the most important ones are. I'm in this for the long haul.

I’ve started out by practicing mindfulness, mostly through meditation and visualizations right now. I don’t have room in my apartment at the moment, but I do enjoy yoga, and I like the idea of tai chi even if I’ve never tried it. I’m guessing workout style, etc would lead me to the druids.

As for body shape, I’m a hobbit through and through. Short and round. I currently weigh 265.

A long term goal is to lose 100 pounds.  My plan is to do that through a series of habit modifications such as:

• Stop drinking soda
  • Exercise 5x a week
  • Clear the clutter in my home
  • Make better food choices
  • (Any other tips are welcome)

Here’s the link to my first challenge

Thanks for listening.

Level 0 Hobbit. Druid at heart

Long Term Goal: Lose 100 pounds

0%
0%

Starting weight: 265

For now: Looking to lose 5 pounds with my first challenge and cut out soda

0%
0%

Current Challenge Thread

Wooooo go you on deciding to change your habits to become healthier :D 

I'm a fellow desk jockey working crazy hours and am also going to school for my degree. Before changing my lifestyle back in April I was constantly saying things like- I don't have the TIME. The time I do have was spent mostly watching Netflix and playing video games because I wanted to use what little 'time' I had to decompress from the stress of work and school. And the same went for eating, I couldn't eat healthy because the cheap quick stuff was all I had time for. I always thought I was in ok shape until I went to take my dog for a walk and realized I couldn't even jog to the end of the block with her. I signed up for a Warrior Dash with friends....and didn't do so hot, blowing out my knee the first time around because I didn't train for it. The next year I signed up for the same one and started exercising and prepping for it......three weeks before it haha. It was enough to finish it and I got hooked on the race feeling so I continued with the changes. 

Bit by bit I started making improvements- started with spin a few times a week, added some strength training here and there, changed my candy bowl raiding to raw nuts and fruits....and Boom before I knew it I felt busy and happy and no longer overwhelmed with everything. I found time in my day to work out and eat better, which gives you more energy for everything else! I'm still watching my favorite shows and playing video games too....Silly me tricking myself like that!

The best suggestions I have for you are make small changes over time- you'll get hooked in the end and revamp your entire lifestyle without realizing it. Also, look for an end goal exercise wise. Look for a fun race and sign up for it with friends, it helps keep you accountable and the support you'll get from it will help fuel your change!

Also, just read your challenge- awesome goals :D I'm right there with you trying to drink water in my challenge, I get sidetracked and completely forget about water on some days!

• Like 1

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Thanks so much Slate. I've been thinking about your post for the last couple days, and it really resonates with me. There is light at the end of the tunnel (or rather time at the end of the tunnel). I've decided to take next semester off to focus on my health, so I have not excuses about "time" required to start, or to cook my own meals, or anything else.

I will conquer time!

• Like 1

Level 0 Hobbit. Druid at heart

Long Term Goal: Lose 100 pounds

0%
0%

Starting weight: 265

For now: Looking to lose 5 pounds with my first challenge and cut out soda

0%
0%

Current Challenge Thread

Thanks so much Slate. I've been thinking about your post for the last couple days, and it really resonates with me. There is light at the end of the tunnel (or rather time at the end of the tunnel). I've decided to take next semester off to focus on my health, so I have not excuses about "time" required to start, or to cook my own meals, or anything else.

I will conquer time!

Sometimes taking a step back to focus on yourself is the PERFECT thing to do- you'll come out feeling refreshed and ready to take on the world. Good luck with the changes send me a message if you want to talk or need a support/accountabilibuddy:D 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

I am happy for you wanting to be a more healthy version of yourself. I lost a bunch of weight a few years ago by dropping soda and dairy from my diet (-40lbs). I switched to tea and coffee since they have a lot less calories and added honey or a little sugar to help with taste. If you want to give your weight loss a boost, try Cleanse Smart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk