Remember Gauntlet and  "Valkyrie…is about to die!" ? That would be me. I might not need to respawn just yet, but only because I'm hanging on by a finger nail. Things that happened after I attempted to join the rebellion:

My father died.

My mother attempted suicide.

My house was vandalized.

I got a MRSA infection that required hospitalization.

My bathroom floor disintegrated, requiring a 4 month construction project to fix.

Despite this I still make it to the gym at least 2 times a week. My Sunday long runs are sacred, but my lifting is haphazard. Most weeks I get in 1 or 2 total body lifts, when I should get in 3. I run twice a week, not three times. I never manage to make it to yoga.

And then there's my eating... I won't lie, a lot of nights I make a bowl of cereal for dinner or have a muffin. Last night's grazing dinner was white rice, a sweet potato, a muffin, and (eventually, after the guilt set in) a protein  shake. I know I should do better but I just don't have the energy.

But! I have kicked the soda and sweet tea habit. I've given up fast food except for chic-fil-a. I am running better than I was last year. And  (most importantly) I'm back here... respawning.

(Okay mostly I'm here because of the charity donation Steve is going to make, but it still counts right?)

Ahh look at all these positive changes habit wise!!!!

I'm so sorry for your loss and the stress you've been under this year but despite that, check it out, you consistently make 3-4 workouts every week and your food choices though not the BEST...are still pretty good, esp if you figure all the stress you're going through. Good on you for keeping those habits through the tough times in your life, I feel like that's a true indicator of a lifestyle change. 

Now that things are starting to settle for you hop right back in to push yourself harder, check out the Ranger tent, we're all chatty about....everything and ready to provide the support you need to get back into your swing of things :D 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both