So close to the end of the game but all willpower used up.

There are only about 6 months left in which I have to study like crazy in order to make it. Unfortunately I respawned so often now that at at the moment I got the feeling every little piece of willpower is used up. Falling back on the very beginning of the university already, just passing through, becoming sick because of all that stress, only concentrating on university, having no balance in life, hiding - complete burnout, repeat a year. Again falling back, unfortunately still not giving up and still not getting my life in order. Sometimes I think "why study all that, you are not going to make it anyway". Completely wrong attitude I know nevertheless it's there, stuck in my head. But on the other hand i am too stubborn to give up, especially now that I already attended that university for over three years.

New plan is to try out the "Everyman" sleep pattern, Yoga and have three hours a day freetime without any guilty conscience.

Motivation isn't there yet again. I am very pessimistic at the moment. Anyway, i am so stubborn that I am going to try, but when I try I have to do it with full power, otherwise the next weeks will really be completely useless wasted time.

"The purpose of life is to be happy." - Tendzin Gyatsho, the 14th Dalai Lama 

Character

Hey! I know exactly what you mean. I had a burnout last year, also partially because of stress and work load. Yoga was one of the things that got me through and is still helping me right now, so definitely get into that. I recommend doing the 30-day yoga challenge on doyouyoga.com It's suitable for absolute beginners and is between 10-20 mins of your day. I thought it was an incredibly pleasant experience.

As for the free time. Yes, you should make time for yourself. Try to divide it evenly between the day, for example, a nice walk in the morning of about 20 minutes,  a relaxing bath in the evening. They ease the mind and make concentrating and studying a whole lot easier. Remember how far you've come, just a few months left!! I mean, if you managed to get where you are now, despite burnouts and failing years, why not finish it?

Viel glück, my friend :)

• Like 2

Losing 10 kilograms

8%
8%

100 consecutive push-ups goal

25%
25%

If you are not willing to look stupid, nothing great is ever going to happen to you!

Thank you for your support, fellow :) To read some piece of advice from someone who's also been dealing with this is doing me good.  So I am definitely going to try Yoga now.

I guess I even gonna exaggerate it by paying more attention to the "health", "social", "spiritual" and "relationship" areas of life than to studying.

Not that I won't study anymore at all, but there must be some way to get out of that pit of desperation over myself and maybe this is the right way. Going on like I did so far won't take me to the Bachelor Degree at all.

balance-wheel-mine.png

Character

I know the feeling. Hit rock bottom myself with my dieting so now I'm going into Intuitive Eating and just focusing on not being so hard on myself. Maybe once I get rid of this stress it'll get better.

• Like 1

Calorie Counting/ Nutrition Tracking for a year on MyFitnessPal+Fitbit One (365 days = .27% per day, Day 74):

19.98%
19.98%

New Year's Resolution - Healthy Weight/BMI for Summer (June 1st, Get to about 130 lbs/22 BMI approx. in 152 days/21 weeks starting from 153 lbs = 4.35% per pound, currently 142):

47.85%
47.85%

Graduate Culinary School {20% per section: F.O.H. ( A ), Hot Foods ( C ), Garde Manger [Cold Foods], Bakeshop, Test}     Passed Certifications: ServSafe, Management

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

Intro  Challenges: 1 2 Reset 3

Stress is a major game breaker indeed. For everything really, not just for fitness goals.
By the way - here's another idea. After my burnout I felt I had to find some way to leave the 'pre-burnout' andrea behind and start over. Maybe you'll experience that feeling as well after your studies. I then went to Thailand for a month to volunteer at an orphanage (build bathrooms, lay tiles, teach them English, delice their hair etc) and afterwards I volunteered at an elephant sanctuary for abused and retired elephants coming from their torturous tourist industry. It made me feel incredibly satisfied with myself, a feeling that had long ceased to exist. Maybe it's an inspiration for your further life journey! 

PS: I love that chart!! It's a good one to stick to :)

• Like 1

Losing 10 kilograms

8%
8%

25%
25%

If you are not willing to look stupid, nothing great is ever going to happen to you!

I know the feeling. Hit rock bottom myself with my dieting so now I'm going into Intuitive Eating and just focusing on not being so hard on myself. Maybe once I get rid of this stress it'll get better.

I also think that reducing the stress can have a very positive effect on ones life :) Probably it comes from the fact that we are constantly worrying about things which we would master way better if we weren't running ourselves ragged about it all the time, because than our mind wouldn't be continually filled with negative thoughts against it? Wishing you much success at getting rid of the stress and becoming able to handle the nutrition topic easier, mate! 

Stress is a major game breaker indeed. For everything really, not just for fitness goals.

By the way - here's another idea. After my burnout I felt I had to find some way to leave the 'pre-burnout' andrea behind and start over. Maybe you'll experience that feeling as well after your studies. I then went to Thailand for a month to volunteer at an orphanage (build bathrooms, lay tiles, teach them English, delice their hair etc) and afterwards I volunteered at an elephant sanctuary for abused and retired elephants coming from their torturous tourist industry. It made me feel incredibly satisfied with myself, a feeling that had long ceased to exist. Maybe it's an inspiration for your further life journey! 

PS: I love that chart!! It's a good one to stick to :)

That's rather cool and sounds like a damn great experience B-) Wouldn't be something for me though but the idea to leave everything I am used to behind for quite a while is wandering through my mind every now and then. Even thought about really doing this, but the longer I thought about it the more it became clear to me that I would miss my friends here way too much.. So I am on the horns of the dilemma in this topic also ;D

I haven't been around much where I live yet, so I will take this advice and simply go on voyage of discovery where I live =]

The yoga thing will be very difficult for me. I normally cannot stand doing things like meditation and so on. Have been visiting a energetic guy once and the pressure in me was nearly unbearable. I was so happy to get away from there again. Yep he said that there was something badly wrong with my psyche and we should work on that, but I didn't want to do it. Probably I simply were scared. Am going to get a autogenic training CD and book also. Time to tackle the main causes of the problem.

Character

Aaaah yea I see. Well thing is, a month isn't THAT long and tbh I made better friends over there than I made here in all my life :P (a lot of people who do that have been through a bunch of shit and want to ''get fresh air'', so to speak) However your own environment might even be more surprising to discover!!

I know what you mean, I've been to therapists and psychologists all my life (talk about trouble child lol) and after a session you can feel as if the whole world just fell on you. Bear in mind though - after a few sessions you start feeling the difference. Not immediately after, but a few days afterwards you'll start making teeny tiny mindset changes (well, that's what I did) Just make sure you're with someone you trust and who you feel comfortable with.

Losing 10 kilograms

8%
8%

25%
25%

New plan is to try out the "Everyman" sleep pattern, Yoga and have three hours a day freetime without any guilty conscience.

I'm not familiar with this sleep pattern.  But I know , and fizzle on it yet still all the time, that sleep is the key to all.

Yoga has been my recent life/job saver, again.  I've seen you in Emmi's thread, where she has mentioned http://www.doyogawithme.com/  I'm happy again as a little kid  to go through their classes.  The amount of pressure one can collect on one day of desk-job baffles me, i'm sure yoga is the only thing saving me of a crippled elder day.

Even thought about really doing this, but the longer I thought about it the more it became clear to me that I would miss my friends here way too much.. So I am on the horns of the dilemma in this topic also ;D

I haven't been around much where I live yet, so I will take this advice and simply go on voyage of discovery where I live =]

I've seen some friends leave for a years volunteers work.  It was my impression at their individual homecoming party that all of us staying home where exactly the same as a year before.  the only one that had aged was the person that had left for a while.

That said, one mustn't travel far to discover wonder.  I recently sold my car & the experience of walking through areas I therefor drove through left me amazed by the beauty & genius of ordinary things.

but when I try I have to do it with full power, otherwise the next weeks will really be completely useless wasted time.

try 'focus' or 'attention' instead of power.      It's important to want to do the whole program, but the success of it cant be measured in 0 to 1

• Like 1

Nusuth Revamped

Current Challenge

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf 

Jon Kabat-Zinn

A quitter never wins and a winner never quits.

Napoleon Hill

I'm not familiar with this sleep pattern.  But I know , and fizzle on it yet still all the time, that sleep is the key to all.

Yoga has been my recent life/job saver, again.  I've seen you in Emmi's thread, where she has mentioned http://www.doyogawithme.com/  I'm happy again as a little kid  to go through their classes.  The amount of pressure one can collect on one day of desk-job baffles me, i'm sure yoga is the only thing saving me of a crippled elder day.

I've seen some friends leave for a years volunteers work.  It was my impression at their individual homecoming party that all of us staying home where exactly the same as a year before.  the only one that had aged was the person that had left for a while.

That said, one mustn't travel far to discover wonder.  I recently sold my car & the experience of walking through areas I therefor drove through left me amazed by the beauty & genius of ordinary things.

try 'focus' or 'attention' instead of power.      It's important to want to do the whole program, but the success of it cant be measured in 0 to 1

Thank you very much for your kind words. They're wise and touching. Signed up for the 30 days yoga challenge two days ago and should really get started with it. :)

Character